Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

My fiance has left me because I am sick! Please give me words of comfort!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hon

you are sooo better off without this man, he doesnt deserve you in the slightest! I know how scared and sad you are right now but this will pass, I promise you! Just feel sorry for this guy, he is obvioulsy pathetic and too imature to be with you!
    Thats his problem not yours so dont you dare blame yourself ok??!!! I have had my heartbroken and it hurt so much I thought I would die so I know how you feel but trust me when I say you will look back at this and realise he wasnt right for you.
    How the hell is he going to cope with everyday life and stress??? He needs to grow up.

You hold your head up high hon you are an amazing woman and he wasnt good enough for you.
    x
    Started with symptoms 2004 after a severe infection.
    Was diagnosed with IC Feb 2006 after cystoscopy.
    Diagnosed with vulvodyina and PN in july 2006.
    Dignosed with ME and IBS Oct 2006.
    Currently taking Amytriptaline 50mg, regular pain killers and birth control!
    Also doing IC diet and regular use of heat packs.
    Still struggling with IC and controling my symptoms so looking for some help

also recently had abnormal pap, CIN III and just had LEEP done 2007

Comment

In 1967, I married the most perfect man. He was everything to me. I put him first in everything. Then one night in 1972, he came home and announced that he no longer loved me and I was to take our son (1 &1/2 years old) and go to my parents house and live there. 3 days later, I was served with divorce papers. In 6 months, I was a single mother and trying to live on my own. I was devastated and so scared.

Two years later, he came back and asked me to marry him, again. I looked him square in the eyes and told him, "You are two years too late. I am over you and there is no way I would ever think of letting you back into my life".

In 1980, I met the most perfect man. He was absolutely gorgeous and so very kind. Six weeks after we met, we got married. This past October, we celebrated our 26th Anniversary. He is still gorgeous and still so very kind. He has stuck with me through thick and thin and IC.

I wondered why I had to go through the heart ache of a divorce and being a single parent. Today I can tell you that, even though it was one of the worst times in my life, I am so glad that the 1st one left. If he hadn't, I would never have had the blessing of meeting my husband.

I sometimes wonder if the 1st one would have been able to handle everything that IC can change. I sorta doubt it. After all, he couldn't handle it then even though I was healthy.
      Sharon

Shopping??? Did someone mention shopping? I'll get my hat... ;-)

Where I can be found most days.

Link to the ICN Patient Handbook:
      http://www.ic-network.com/handbook/

Link to the IC Diet:
      http://www.ic-network.com/diet/

IC Volunteers are not medical authorities nor do we offer medical advice. In all cases, we strongly encourage you to discuss your medical treatment with your personal medical care provider. Only they can, and should, give medical recommendations to you.

Comment

You are better off without this guy sweetie. He would only drag you down further. Any person who runs when the chips are down is not worth having around. I know you are hurting right now,but it will get better with time. Sending BIG ))))gentle((((( hugs your way.
        Jen

Comment

Dear sweet friends, (and I do think of you all this way!) I so appreciate the support you have given me. I have reread so many of your messages and you have helped me. It is so true that what you say is right. I am still trying to get over this and it sounds like many of you have had to deal with this kind of heartbreak as well. If it wasn't IC, it would have been something else as many of you have pointed out. And your kind gentle reminders that I will be ok has helped with my flare as well. I feel like this is the most supportive thing I have done, joining with all of you to share, support, cry, and rejoice the happy times. Thank you a million times to all you truly beautiful girls...no matter what our ages....we are all here to give support and you all also give great advice!
          If I can ever help any of you out online, I am ready to do just that. I have a lot to learn about stress and my body, but you all have helped me.
          Love, Katheryn

Comment

Kat,
            Sorry I haven't responded sooner but as you know this topic is very real to me right now too and some days I have a hard time dealing with my own issues and am no help to others. Please, please, please PM me. You have some very empathetic ears for ya.

Hugs,
            Barb
            (Babs passed away in April 2009. We honor her memory and remember her fondly. - Jill O. ICN President & Founder)

[SIZE="1"]Proud mama of a gift named Lindsey who taught me through her autism what is important in life:angel:
            :angel: IC Angel Volunteer Coordinator :angel:
            :) Contact me via PM or e-mail if you would like to help
            I have learned all about life in 3 words: It goes on! :D--Robert Frost
            PCOS 7/85
            RSD 7/94 :headbang:
            Endometriosis 9/98 :toilet:
            Antiphospholipid antibody syndrome 9/99
            Kidney stones--too many to count
            Factor V Leiden mutation 10/02
            IC 6/03 :evilsmile
            Deep Venous Thrombosis and Cellulitis 12/05 :loco: DVT and Greenfield Placed 3/14/08
            "Spirit is an invisible force made visible in all of life"--Maya Angelou
            "Ohana means family--no one gets left behind or forgotten." Stitch[/SIZE][/SIZE][/SIZE]

Comment

Hi I just caught your thread. I am so sorry that you are going thru this. A man is not worth tears of sorrow, only tears of happiness and joy. If he cannot provide the love, support, and happiness to you, then HE is NOT worthy enough for your love
              You know I really have no words of wisdom here, because when you are hurting you really just want to vent out your frustrations and want someone to listen to you and give you sympathy. That you need and deserve. so I am throwing in a crying towel, when you are done toss it to someone else so they will have it.. Or back to me, cuz I am sure I'll need it again..
              Hold your head high and proud, you don't need a man, we want them, but they are an accessory They look good on our arm, not on theres..
              'The will of God will never take you where the Grace of God will not protect you.'

Comment

Everyone, your kind supportive words are such a comfort, and I truly, appreciate all of you who have come forward with your own stories, of sorrow and triumph over heartbreak. I wrote because I needed you, and it makes me feel cared for, and it means so, so much.

I am hoping for a good guy to come along at some point, (when I am not even thinking about it!) and I pray now for strength and guidance to be ok by myself if that is what has to be...but I swear ya'll; I have a lot of love to share with some ** lucky** guy!!! Ha! Well, a girl's gotta hope!

Love to you all,
                katheryn

Comment

I'm so sorry about all this happening to you, but it sounds like this guy was definitely not ready "for better or for worse, in sickness and in health." As Jen says, time heals all wounds, and as my dad always said, time wounds all heals, too.

It looks from your picture like you have a faithful companion there, anyway. Dogs are the best anti-depressants ever.

Things will get better. They will. Just hang in there!
                  Je vous souhaite de la joie, de la bonne santée, et tout ce qu'il y a de bon dans la vie.
                  Wishing you happiness and good health, and all the best out of life.

Peace, Carolyn

Laura (11), Susannah (12 1/2) and Maman (that's me!), North Wildwood NJ, September 2007

On the Beach with IC

Comment

Working...
                  X