Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

therapist knows about IC and bladder removal!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• icnmgrjill
    replied
    Love your willingness to ask for help!!! I agree... it's definitely serendipity!

Jill

Leave a comment:

• Portia17
    replied
    I AM VERY HAPPY FOR YOU

Leave a comment:

• mom_in_ma
    replied
    That is wonderful news!

Leave a comment:

• Trishann
    replied
    That is great, I hope you continue to get good help.

Sending hugs, Trishann

Leave a comment:

• Kara29
    replied
    That's so encouraging!

Good luck with your decisions. If you need any help with the Cystectomy just holler or PM me!

Kara

Leave a comment:

• Berkshire Road
    replied
    Wow, thanks Kim! I love word derivations; I studied linguistics as an undergraduate (in the U.S.). I think serendipity will be one of my favorite words now too. Now, sagacity, I knew that one...

But who were the Duke of York and Mrs. Hyde?

Leave a comment:

• vm
    replied
    Hey, I just found this - never knew:

Serendipity is the effect by which one accidentally discovers something fortunate, especially while looking for something else entirely. The word derives from an old Persian fairy tale and was coined by Horace Walpole on 28 January 1754 in a letter he wrote to his friend Horace Mann (not the same man as the famed American educator) an Englishman then living in Florence. The letter read,

"I once read a silly fairy tale, called The Three Princes of Serendip: as their highnesses travelled, they were always making discoveries, by accidents and sagacity, of things which they were not in quest of: for instance, one of them discovered that a mule blind of the right eye had travelled the same road lately, because the grass was eaten only on the left side, where it was worse than on the right—now do you understand serendipity? One of the most remarkable instances of this accidental sagacity (for you must observe that no discovery of a thing you are looking for, comes under this description) was of my Lord Shaftsbury, who happening to dine at Lord Chancellor Clarendon's, found out the marriage of the Duke of York and Mrs. Hyde, by the respect with which her mother treated her at table."[1]

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Serendipity

Leave a comment:

• vm
    replied
    LOL N'importe. It is one of my favorite words - I love when the opportunity arises to actually use it.

Leave a comment:

• patricia1
    replied
    I am glad to hear this. I am sure it is nice to have someone actually sit there and listen to you. And to not look at you like you have some strange weird thing going on. I hope he helps and you are able to straighten some things up...

Leave a comment:

• Berkshire Road
    replied
    That is the best news! My therapist actually has IC herself, and it's so much easier to talk with her because I don't have to explain things over and over. Like you, I had no idea before I went to see her that she was an IC patient too. She has been in remission for 14 years, so that also gives me hope.

Good luck to you, it sounds like you've found a perfect place to be. Like VM said, it's serendipity. (I had to look that word up in my French/English dictionary and it turns out, there is no such word in French. LOL It just gives the French words, "Happy and unexpected discovery." What a wonderful word, I'm glad to have discovered it. Thanks, VM. Does this count as a serendipitous moment?)
    Last edited by Berkshire Road; 03-24-2007, 09:52 AM.

Leave a comment:

• vm
    replied
    Serendipitous. I love when stuff like that happens. Yay, you.

Leave a comment:

• Sarojini
    replied
    Wonderful news

Leave a comment:

• ICNDonna
    replied
    That's so good to hear.

Warm hugs,
    Donna

Leave a comment:

• SrMaggie
    started a topic therapist knows about IC and bladder removal!

therapist knows about IC and bladder removal!

I decided I needed to see a therapist. There is just too much going on in my life. I am contemplating the cystectomy, I'm moving, I'm changing jobs, I just lost my sister, not to mention the ordinary stresses of my job.
    I had asked this gentleman about helping with some children in school who were having trouble with sexual orientation and cutting. He is a member of my church. His wife is a therpist working with one of the students in my school. I thought he seemed very kind. He is!
    I was listing my stresses and he shook his head very knowingly about IC and then the cystectomy. He had a patient who had both. Actually - a man with IC. Anyway, I think this is going to be a very productive session with him. I think I will be able to do some good work with him.
    What a surprise when someone doesn't say, "What's that?"
    I go again Tuesday.
Working...
X