Don't think she likes me

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Don't think she likes me

I have a feeling my PT lady doesn't like care for me. Think she puts up with me because I am her one and only IC patient and I'm an experiement in progress. I always do the heating pad on my back before I go and she came in and asked if it was still hot. I told her yes so she said I could give it another 5-10 minutes. She came in not too long after that saying "That's enough of that" with a sort of attitude. Like I was taking up the chair for longer then what I should have been doing. I just don't have an easy feeling to her you know? Not about to spill any problems I might have with life that would affect how the bladder feels. Is just me maybe or are my insticts right? I will say she seems to know more about the bladder then the other PT I went to. She is looking into doing an e-stim thing later on.

Mary,
    I dont think she does not like you, she might just be that kind of person who comes on a little to strong...Some people are like that..
    Well glad you are continuing your therapy, I really hope it works for you...
    Hugs
    Ronda

ONE Second, ONE Bite, ONE Breath, ONE Pill, ONE Minute, ONE Teardrop, ONE Hour, ONE Sip.. ONE DAY! I will Prevail from this disease! IC Hoping for a Cure!

Link to Patient Handbook:
    http://www.ic-network.com/handbook/

Diet Reference Sheet:
    http://www.ic-network.com/diet/icndi...tsheet0909.pdf

Meds For IC: Lyrica-25mg Glucosamine-500 MSM-500mg, Prosed Ds -When Flaring

Other Meds: Levlite- Continious Birtcontrol, Micardis-40mg for High Blood Pressure

Meds I have Tried:
    Topamax,Tofranil, Elmiron, Atarax, Cymbalta, Elavil, Enablex, Detral La, Prydium.
    Lexapro< Bad reaction to this med!
    Intstills, could not continue them due to some kind of reaction after 3rd instill. Tasted the lidocaine in my mouth, tongue and lips went numb then went into what seemed like a panic attack. Shaking, racing heart, tingling face/head, blood pressure shot up..

Dx With IC in Nov 2006 with Hydro/Cysto
    Hydro/Cysto Caused Bladder to Rupture.

Other Dxs-Vulvodynia,Fibro, Endo, IBS, HPV, Migraines, Spastic Colon, Mild Dysplasia.

ICN Volunteers are not medical authorities nor do we offer medical advice. In all cases, we strongly encourage you to discuss your medical treatment with your personal medical care provider. Only they can, and should, give medical recommendations to you.

Comment

I've noticed from dealing with several PT's over the years that for starters, they're on a very tight time schedule so they tend not to have much time for anything other than what the patient is scheduled for; and secondly, they all tend to have very strong personalities, which can sometimes come off as appearing arrogant and/or standoffish
      I highly doubt your PT "doesnt care for" you; and even if she doesnt, who cares, just as long as she's doing her job and you come away from there showing improvement.

Have a great day!

Diana
      (\__/)
      (o.O )
      (> < ) This is Bunny. He's on his way to world domination.

Comment

Hey Mary, I am with the others, I think it just must be the PT mentality/personality. When I went for 12 weeks last summer for my back, it was a few sessions in before mine finally kind of warmed up - I kinda felt like you did, seemed no matter how hard I tried to start conversation, it just didn't go anywhere. I was getting a bit frustrated, ha ha ha. But after a few weeks, we actually clicked along nicely, I was even bummed out when my 12 weeks were up!

So, no worries - like Diana said, if she doesn't - keep on keepin on, a good therapist is hard to find, hee hee. Too bad for her, cause you're a good person!!
        Hugs,
        Tracey
        How do you eat an elephant? One bite at a time...

Harry arrived 2/23/09!

*IC Volunteers are not medical authorities nor do we offer medical advice. In all cases, we strongly encourage you to discuss your medical treatment with your personal medical care provider. Only they can, and should, give medical recommendations to you.

IC Diet Cheat Sheet:
        http://www.ic-network.com/diet/2009icdietlist.pdf

Dx's:
        IC dx'd Nov 2004
        Lymphocytic Colitis dx'd July 2005
        Possible IBS
        Current IC Meds
        Vistaril 25mg in the evening
        Previous IC Meds taken:
        Cystoprotek - 2 caps 2x's a day
        Elmiron, 100mg 3x's a day
        Ditropan, 5 mg 3x's a day
        Others:
        Wellbutrin 150mg 2x's a day for Anxiety/IBS
        Pepcid 40mg a day for GERD
        Zytrec for Nasal Allergies
        Align Probiotic daily for IBS

Comment

Maybe I've just gotten tougher over the last few years with IC, but whether my medical people like me or not is really not a big concern for me. My question is, "are they helping me get better?". I'm not looking for a friend at the doctor's office, I'm looking for competence.

And frankly, the less they know about my personal life, probably the better. It reduces the chance of getting written off as a stress or depression case... I want medical treatment for my medical problem. I'll go to my friends, my pastor, or these message boards if I need emotional support.
          Kadi

-------------------------------------------------------------
          I am not a medical authority nor do I offer medical advice. In all cases, I strongly encourage you to discuss your medical treatment with your personal medical care provider. Only they can, and should, give medical recommendations to you.
          ------------------------------------------------------

New favorite quote: "God gives us only what we can handle. Apparently God thinks I'm a bad-ass" ~Author Unknown
          Source - Pinterest
          "

Current treatments:
          -IC diet
          -Elavil 50mg at night
          -Continuous use birth control pills (4-5 periods/year)
          -Heparin/Marcaine/Sodium Bicarb home instills at night 3-4x per week, more often if needed
          -Pyridium if needed,
          -Pain medicine at bedtime daily, as needed during the day several times per week
          -Antibiotic when doing an instillation to prevent UTI
          -Colace & SmartFiber to treat chronic constipation from meds, Fleet enema as needed
          -Dye Free Benadryl 50 mg at bedtime
          -"Your Pace Yoga: Relieving Pelvic Pain" dvd, walking, treadmill at gym
          -Managing stress= VERY important!
          -Fur therapy: Hugging the cat!

Comment

I can't imagine anyone not liking you Maybe she was just having a bad day. I know that this week for me has been hell, I apologized to my co-workers right when I got to work today for anything that I may say later. Told them it was just one of those weeks and not to take it personally.
            Leah

Comment

You are all more then likely right. Just must be me once again. One good thing she didn't boot me out. I'm not looking for a friend just want that trust kind of thing going you know? Maybe with time we will finally click. It has only been 3 weeks.

Comment

hi mary,
                I am a PT and sorry to hear you have been having bad luck with your PT. I have been in the field for over 15 years and have come across a few PT's like you ar describing but most of us are nice. I definitely do not have an arrogant nature and most of the PT's I have worked enjoy working with people and come across that way. Hang in there. I wish I could find a PT who specializes in women's health in my area.
                nancy

Comment

Mary, I don't know what the issue is with this but I would hang on especially if it is helping you. Sometimes people do have bad days and get crappylike and it might not be you at all. I would give it couple of tries and see if it continues. I hope it don't continue because I am like Meme, you are a very nice person.

Sending hugs, Trishann

Comment

It was probably just me taking it wrong. I am very sensitive now to everything. Can't wait to tell her how great yesterday and today have been. Never in my wildest dreams would I ahve thought I could have some good days again. Still on the vicodin and tens but I feel somewhat better. Most people think I am mad all the time or at them. I'm not mad I just don't feel good. So, I won't worry about it anymore. She is helping and knows what she is talking about. The other PT I liked a lot but she didn't do any of what she is having me do. I went there for over 1 month and didn't feel better at all. Just so glad I thought about giving it another try.

Comment

Mary that is great that they are able to do more for you and help you. It is so good to hear that good things do happen.

Have a great day,
                      Trishann

Comment

Working...
                      X