Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• humpieumpumkin
    replied
    What great news Jen! Your current employers loss will be someone elses gain! You are a very intelligent caring person, and any boss should be proud of an employee like you. Your boss will realize his mistakes when you give him your notice and reality kick in. I hope to hear of interviews soon!

Erika

Leave a comment:

• Sarojini
    replied
    I know... my boss at least needs a kick in the butt!!! LOL... I'm sorry you guys are having lousy days/weeks too. Let's all try and have a GREAT weekend, and hope that next week is better.

At least my Friday is looking up -- I got leads on two cool new jobs, so... maybe one day soon I'll be posting that I am out of this lab

Leave a comment:

• charmedx3
    replied
    Hope you have a wonderful weekend! I am sorry you have had a bad week. Heres hoping for a better next week!

Leave a comment:

• humpieumpumkin
    replied
    Banks are all uptight...At least my boss doesn't bug me about not being there 80 hours a week like Jen's boss ...that guy needs JESUS!

Erika

Leave a comment:

• petrie86
    replied
    It's like nasty city over here at the bank! Man... TGIF!

Leave a comment:

• humpieumpumkin
    replied
    :woohoo:

I know thatnk God. I got into it with the VP of the bank. It was a complement gone wrong. She took it the wrong way...Yikes TGIF!

Erika

Leave a comment:

• Sarojini
    replied
    Hi all, and thanks for this support... means the world to me when it seems like everything is crumbling around me! Yesterday ended up turning out okay by the end of the day, and at least today is Friday!!!

I love the quote about bad things being cowards -- thanks Rivet Kitty

Leave a comment:

• Rivet Kitty
    replied
    Wow, that really is a stinky week! Here's to things looking up! It can't rain all the time.

Which reminds me...Neil Gaiman once wrote something like: Bad things are cowards, and therefore they come in packs.

I try and remember that when things come crashing down, like the $600 hospital bill I opened *right* before we were about to go out to dinner.

So, hopefully good things are cowards too and will come in packs for you!
    (That rhymed. Hehe...)

Anyway, I hope your week gets better, and I'm with everyone else. TGIF!

Leave a comment:

• GriffsMommy
    replied
    Jen,
    I'm so sorry that you've had a hard week. I know exactly what you're talking about. I've had those days lately where from the moment I get out of bed I can tell it's going to be a bad day. At least tomorrow is Friday, I have been telling myself that, and Friday at my job is jean day, woohoo, lol. Hope your Friday goes fast and your weekend goes slow.

Leave a comment:

• Moonheart
    replied
    ((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((Jen))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))

You don't deserve any of that hon. I hope things get better.

Moonheart

Leave a comment:

• SandyRN
    replied
    Jen, I'm so sorry that you're having a rough go of it. I know you'll be so much happier when you are doing a job that you love. Your boss sounds like a real piece of work. Why in the world is he making you take a 2nd year class??? What an insult!

I'm sure it doesn't help that your hubby picked the absolute worst time to be critical of you.

I'm glad that you have such a supportive doctor and I hope that her tip for a new job works out for you.

Take it easy and don't overwork yourself. It's not as if you're going to gain anything from it anyway...your boss doesn't seem to acknowlege all the time you actually put in, so why bother?

I hope you feel better soon!

Hugs, Sandy

Leave a comment:

• vm
    replied
    Sorry your week has been sucky. The first part of mine was that way, too - but it's looking better now. I hope yours takes a turn for the better, too.

(Nasty PMs suck. Nasty posts do, as well. I've gotten some myself - sometimes people forget moderators have feelings, too. )

Leave a comment:

• ICNDonna
    replied
    One thing you might do is to keep track of how you spend your work time, then let your supervisor know that you took a full time position, but didn't expect it to be a position and a half! I did that once and I got a substantial salary increase.

Some dirty dogs eat sour owl dodo and bark at the moon!

Donna

Leave a comment:

• aprilmae
    replied
    Jen

Sorry you are having such a rotten week. I am glad your hubby has apologized and hopefully you two can enjoy the weekend and spend some time together. As for your boss and work situation - I hope this lead pans out so you can get away from them. They are way to horrid to be around. I have no doubt that you work very hard and are very good at what you do and the fact that you do it all feeling as bad as you too so often is such a testament to your strength as a person. As for the mean PM - people are just mean and I wish we could all remember that if you can't say anything nice just keep your thoughts to yourself!

I hope your day gets better.

hugs,

April

Leave a comment:

• SharonA
    replied
    (((hugs))) being sent to you, Jen. I am so sorry that mean ol boss is taking his aggressions out on you. Here's one for him... I am also sorry that someone felt the need to send you a less than nice PM.

Hope your contact with the doc's husband works in your favor.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X