Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tired, depressed

Things are bugging me.
    Went shopping today & size 18 shorts didn't fit. Tried 1X, those were too baggy in weird places. Left without shorts. I did find a dress for June graduation, but it comes to just below the knee & my bladder won't let me wear pantyhose. It's black & I'm very pale, so skipping stockings is bad. I'm hoping thigh highs don't set off my bladder--I'll have to try the stockings at home I guess... I'm frustrated- I cut my food in 1/2 & started exercising more a month ago & no difference at all. Why bother?

Tomorrow I have a meeting with the father of 1 of my students. The dad ranted at me on the phone about the one time 15 minute detention I gave his son (which he didn't even do) and frankly, I don't care if the kid does it or not. I want the kid not to repeat his behavior. I don't want this jerk coming at the end of my workday tomorrow. The school counselor is coming to sit in on the appt.& I plan to start with "I have about 10 minutes" and if it lasts longer, to walk him out. It's a total mountain over a molehill thing & a big waste of time. What really ticks me off, is that the father is insisting on coming after my work day is over, so I'll be listening to bs on unpaid time. But if I refuse to meet with him, I'll have hassle with administration.

My living room smells like cat pee & I can't find where the smell is coming from. And I don't have any time off to get the carpet shampooed.

I'm tired all the time. I saw my primary care doctor not long ago & I'm fine, nothing physically wrong. I don't tolerate antidepressants well, they make me very sick, so that's not an option.

I spent most of April on strike (lost 10 days pay), came back to work a week ago just in time for standardized testing. There are 6 weeks left this school year, I feel overwhelmed and don't want to get out of bed. Just tired, tired, tired. I have only 1-1/2 days of sick leave left between now & June 15th or I lose even more pay.

My IC is somewhat ok, it goes up & down during each day. Sometimes I feel fine, a few hours later, not so good. I can't tell what's setting it off or making it better.
    Kadi

-------------------------------------------------------------
    I am not a medical authority nor do I offer medical advice. In all cases, I strongly encourage you to discuss your medical treatment with your personal medical care provider. Only they can, and should, give medical recommendations to you.
    ------------------------------------------------------

New favorite quote: "God gives us only what we can handle. Apparently God thinks I'm a bad-ass" ~Author Unknown
    Source - Pinterest
    "

Current treatments:
    -IC diet
    -Elavil 50mg at night
    -Continuous use birth control pills (4-5 periods/year)
    -Heparin/Marcaine/Sodium Bicarb home instills at night 3-4x per week, more often if needed
    -Pyridium if needed,
    -Pain medicine at bedtime daily, as needed during the day several times per week
    -Antibiotic when doing an instillation to prevent UTI
    -Colace & SmartFiber to treat chronic constipation from meds, Fleet enema as needed
    -Dye Free Benadryl 50 mg at bedtime
    -"Your Pace Yoga: Relieving Pelvic Pain" dvd, walking, treadmill at gym
    -Managing stress= VERY important!
    -Fur therapy: Hugging the cat!

I'm sorry your down , keep your chin up things will inprove.
    Hugs Sandra
    "Never Give Up."

To view pictures of my creative interests and Maine Coon kittens click here: http://www.flickr.com/photos/[email protected]/

My Photobucket Link:
    http://s237.photobucket.com/albums/f...ramack_photos/

Comment

I wish I could do something to help..(((((((((hugs)))))))))
      You know I really dont know how you do it.. I admire teachers so much, but to be a teacher and have IC I just dont know how you can handle every day..Well I will say a prayer for you and ask God to give you the strenght to get through the next few weeks that is left of school...Good luck....
      Hugs
      Ronda

ONE Second, ONE Bite, ONE Breath, ONE Pill, ONE Minute, ONE Teardrop, ONE Hour, ONE Sip.. ONE DAY! I will Prevail from this disease! IC Hoping for a Cure!

Link to Patient Handbook:
      http://www.ic-network.com/handbook/

Diet Reference Sheet:
      http://www.ic-network.com/diet/icndi...tsheet0909.pdf

Meds For IC: Lyrica-25mg Glucosamine-500 MSM-500mg, Prosed Ds -When Flaring

Other Meds: Levlite- Continious Birtcontrol, Micardis-40mg for High Blood Pressure

Meds I have Tried:
      Topamax,Tofranil, Elmiron, Atarax, Cymbalta, Elavil, Enablex, Detral La, Prydium.
      Lexapro< Bad reaction to this med!
      Intstills, could not continue them due to some kind of reaction after 3rd instill. Tasted the lidocaine in my mouth, tongue and lips went numb then went into what seemed like a panic attack. Shaking, racing heart, tingling face/head, blood pressure shot up..

Dx With IC in Nov 2006 with Hydro/Cysto
      Hydro/Cysto Caused Bladder to Rupture.

Other Dxs-Vulvodynia,Fibro, Endo, IBS, HPV, Migraines, Spastic Colon, Mild Dysplasia.

ICN Volunteers are not medical authorities nor do we offer medical advice. In all cases, we strongly encourage you to discuss your medical treatment with your personal medical care provider. Only they can, and should, give medical recommendations to you.

Comment

I am sorry that you are so down right now. I have definately been there alot lately too. The size things kills me too. I think I could deal with it better if I was just the same size all the time, (even at my biggest.) But, what happens to me is that I will loose weight and start getting hopeful that I might actually get down to a normal size again, and then, it all comes back again. Sometimes, it is the Prednisone causing the gains and then the losses when I go off it. Other times, it can be the IC belly. I hate the IC belly the worst, b/c I can wear one size in the morning, and then by 1pm, my stomach has grown 3 sizes! Now, I just wear elastic waist or no waist stuff all the time b/c if I dont, things either fall off of me in the morning or are so tight they are killing me at noon! Anyway, I definately can empathize with ya there!

I cant wear pantyhose either. I have found several brands of self tanners that I really like. They have been a God-send! They cover up the bruises and also give me some color. Lastly, I swear that everytime I use it, someone asks me if I lost weight! EVERY TIME! Gotta love that! If you havent tried any recently, you oughta give it a go again. I really think you'd be hooked too!

I hope things get better soon. Hopefully, the kid's Dad wont show. **crossing fingers** It stinks that you have to stay just for him and dont even get overtime, (let alone paid for it!) GRRR!!! Just keep repeating to yourself, "School will be out soon. School will be out soon!"

I hope that the rest of your week gets better!

Sending big hugs your way,
        Amy

Comment

I've worn thigh highs quite a bit, but if I have to wear stockings for an entire day, I snip out the crotch of pantyhose and can get away with them with cotton underpants.

And I hope the meeting with that irate dad goes well. I remember when I was a kid that if I got detention, I got extra chores at home too.

Sending gentle hugs,
          Donna
          Stay safe

Elmiron Eye Disease Information Center - https://www.ic-network.com/elmiron-p...mation-center/
          Elmiron Eye Disease Fact Sheet (Downloadable) - https://www.ic-network.com/wp-conten...nFactSheet.pdf

Have you checked the ICN Shop?
          Click on ICN Shop at the top of this page. You'll find Bladder Builder and Bladder Rest, both of which we are finding have excellent results.

Patient Help: http://www.ic-network.com/patientlinks.html

Sub-types https://www.ic-network.com/five-pote...markably-well/

Diet list: https://www.ic-network.com/interstitial-cystitis-diet/

AUA Guidelines: https://www.ic-network.com/aua-guide...tial-cystitis/

I am not a medical authority nor do I offer medical advice. In all cases, I strongly encourage you to discuss your medical treatment with your personal medical care provider. Only they can, and should, give medical recommendations to you.
          [3MG]

Anyone who says something is foolproof hasn't met a determined fool

Comment

Well, I'm home sick today. I was up til 2am flaring, then from 2-6 kept waking up uncomfortable, but had already taken 2 Darvocet & an instillation, so there was nothing to do. Now I have a headache, nausea & flaring.

I feel bad that I'm home sick, but the last few times I've forced myself to go in to work, I've wound up crying at work & going home midday, with coworkers having to cover my classes b/c too late to call a sub.

I called the dad to let him know I'm home sick & can't make the appt. He'd calmed down quite a bit & was ok.

I guess if I miss any more days at work between now & June 16th, I'll just have to take the loss of pay.
            Sigh.
            Kadi

-------------------------------------------------------------
            ------------------------------------------------------

New favorite quote: "God gives us only what we can handle. Apparently God thinks I'm a bad-ass" ~Author Unknown
            Source - Pinterest
            "

Current treatments:
            -IC diet
            -Elavil 50mg at night
            -Continuous use birth control pills (4-5 periods/year)
            -Heparin/Marcaine/Sodium Bicarb home instills at night 3-4x per week, more often if needed
            -Pyridium if needed,
            -Pain medicine at bedtime daily, as needed during the day several times per week
            -Antibiotic when doing an instillation to prevent UTI
            -Colace & SmartFiber to treat chronic constipation from meds, Fleet enema as needed
            -Dye Free Benadryl 50 mg at bedtime
            -"Your Pace Yoga: Relieving Pelvic Pain" dvd, walking, treadmill at gym
            -Managing stress= VERY important!
            -Fur therapy: Hugging the cat!

Comment

Sorry you are sick today. I hope you get to feeling better soon!

Comment

Working...
              X