Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MakinIT
    replied
    You know, I saw the title of the thread and thought it was one of mine!. I go up and down so often I ought to charge my family for riding the roller coaster with me. (ha, ha, ha!) Seriously, It's ok. It's normal. It wouldn't be right if you didn't have pity parties. Look at how your life has changed. Hell, I can't work, and took my diplomas, licenses off the office walls last year in a fit of depression. Couldn't handle having a master's degree that I worked so damn hard for, and a teaching license with endorsements for a wide variety of subjects and grades. (My husband put them back up last year at Christmas, I couldn't quite throw them away)

Ups and downs are normal, I'm learning this. just hang onto the the bronc's back and don't let go.

Leave a comment:

• stac7_8
    replied
    Thanks again ladies for the support!!!

Well today is a lil better, I'm in pain really every day just some days worse then others u know.

But I'm in way better spirits today then a few days ago.

Oh and my son is teething.....lol He has one on the top and the bottom coming in. The top is almost cut and the bottom is starting to cut. So that now makes a total of 8 teeth at 8 months old. Wow

Oh and guess what.....he is walking!!! Yes, walking...he took his first steps a few weeks ago, but now he will walk from my chair to another chair. He is not off and running but he is walking. It is so cute to see.

Take care ladies and again Thank you

Leave a comment:

• Bethrlk
    replied
    AMEN Diana!!

We are all entitled to a pity party occasionally. IC is awful - some months (or weeks or days) are much better than others.

Using the boards is a great way to "talk" with people who really DO understand how you feel. Taking your meds, and even changing some with your doc's approval, can help you over this hump. (My last flare lasted 3 months and is finally letting up...)

Here's hoping you feel better soon - that we ALL can have a better tomorrow!

Hugs,
    Beth

Leave a comment:

• dg2901
    replied
    Everybody deserves the occassional pity-party; dont feel bad about it.

Hope you start feeling better soon!
    Diana

Leave a comment:

• GriffsMommy
    replied
    Oh wow Little that just sucks. I can't imagine how that must make you feel. My hubby has ADD so it is hard for him to sit around and wait and he by no means made me feel like I was being an incovience to him when I had my hydro done in April. He took the laptop with him so he would have somethig to do while I was having the procedure done. He was great during the whole thing even though everything was running behind.

I hope all goes well tomorrow and your mother shows some compassion about the whole thing.

Leave a comment:

• Sunflower2
    replied

Leave a comment:

• littlemyrn
    replied
    I just lie, I try not to tell anyone how I feel ever, unless it is here on the boards. For one, I knew people get tired of hearing people complain, two, they don't understand this disease, (I don't even know if doctors do), and three it makes people feel uncomfortable in how they should react. Like tomorrow, I am having my hydro done, god I wish I could drive myself, but of course I can't, we do not have cabs here so I can't do that, and I have to rely on my mom and last time she threw such a fit because my dr. was running late that I left recovery before I should have and threw up in car coming home. Now she is already complaining that she wished my dr. would call in my meds today so she wouldn't have to wait on them or go back to pharmacy to get them. So, I will probably just call a friend that lives not to far away and have her go get them. I wish she was available to drive me, but she has two kids and can't.

Leave a comment:

• stac7_8
    replied
    Thank You

Please let me say THANK YOU for all the words of encourgment. I truly appreciate it and needed to vent.

Thank you again ladies.....it is so wonderful to have friends that really understand. I'm glad that I can call you all a friend even if we have never met. :woohoo:

Have a great day

Leave a comment:

• dancemomof2
    replied
    Feel free to vent away. I will listen, I have my own pity parties also.

Leave a comment:

• SharonA
    replied
    (((Hugs)))

Leave a comment:

• amartaingirl
    replied
    Try Cystoprotek

I quit elmiron 62 days ago...due to hair loss.
    Please know..that by day 62..the hair loss has just about stopped.

My bladder is well.
    Please try Cystoprotek
    It helped immensly with Frequency

Atarax helped w/ the stress of it all

Leave a comment:

• mary124
    replied
    Sorry Elmiron didn't help you!. There are other things out there that can help you, ask your doctor. Sorry that your friends just don't understand, I think that we all have friends like that (please, don't let that get you down!!) You still have us to come too!) I stopped telling my friends about my problems a long time ago, because most of them just don't or didn't understand- saying, "oh, you will get better" or " you look just fine!" or something like that. So please, just remember, we are here for you.
    Hope you feel better soon.

Leave a comment:

• lasrlsrps
    replied
    I am sorry your going though a rough time, I can relate to you feelings about your friend having MS and not understanding what you are going though. My sister-in-Law has RSD and that is not too much different than MS but there systems seem to be worse and there is no cure for this either. I would say something about a flair up and she'd say oh it's your back not your bladder as if I can't tell the differnce where my pain is. I have spinal stenosis in my lower back so if my IC flair's up really bad it makes my pinch nerve make everything go haywire, so I try to keep everything under control and I am still learning. It seems it all comes together if I just have a bland diet, witch depresses me. I had very little hair fall out with Elmiron, but I had gasses bloated and felt sick the first month I was on it, and now I don't have any and I need a refil on them. They cost so much without insurance, and I am still not sure if it is working or not. I heard some people on this net say they use Elmiron and Prelief and it works very well, but I don't know because I have not tried it, you might want to give it a try? Ask your Docotor about it another alteritive is Gabitin, it gave me a headach at first but it is gone not, I take 900 mg now a day three 100 tabs a day, I hate taking them, but it makes me feel better. I have to get refills on those two Yuch I hate taking so much stuff.

I hope your baby gets better and passed the teething stage I remember Ryan and Russell with there's and I gave them IBM, and they handled it much better. Ryan always ran a fever and was so sick with them, but he is four now, and trying to potty train at night witch is no good right now! Fusterating. Sending you a hug and support!

Lori

Leave a comment:

• humpieumpumkin
    replied
    Don't let it get you down! We are your friends here too. We always care about how you are doing and how you feel. I am very sorry you are having a hard time. I hope that you feel better soon. Elmiron didn't work for me either. I lost some hair and had SEVERE nausea. THere is always something else to try so don't feel bad about that. Wishing you a better afternoon...

Erika

Leave a comment:

• ICNDonna
    replied
    I'm sending well wishes your way. I hope you feel better soon.

Warm hugs,
    Donna

Leave a comment:

Working...
X