Feel like health issues are contributing to my sadness

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Feel like health issues are contributing to my sadness

I have been off and on depressed lately. I guess it could be that I want to lose weight and such to be more attractive to my husband. I hate IC, I hate feeling like I do today. Ugly, and in pain. On top of that i have endometriosis and IBS. I mean come one. I am about to be 26 soon here.

Anyone else feel like this???

Diagnosed with IC 3-30-2003

Flare ups 1 time a month lasts for days.

Hello There..

Yes I feel like this all the time..The medicine I was on made me gain lots of weight so now I dont only hurt and cant have sex I also feel very unatractive and this makes me feel very insecure.. I love my husband very much and I know he loves me the way I am but still I wish I didnt have this dreadful disease.. It just seems so unfair...I hope you feel better soon.. I had to go get on anti-depressants because I couldnt quit crying...

Ronda
    Hugs
    Ronda

ONE Second, ONE Bite, ONE Breath, ONE Pill, ONE Minute, ONE Teardrop, ONE Hour, ONE Sip.. ONE DAY! I will Prevail from this disease! IC Hoping for a Cure!

Link to Patient Handbook:
    http://www.ic-network.com/handbook/

Diet Reference Sheet:
    http://www.ic-network.com/diet/icndi...tsheet0909.pdf

Meds For IC: Lyrica-25mg Glucosamine-500 MSM-500mg, Prosed Ds -When Flaring

Other Meds: Levlite- Continious Birtcontrol, Micardis-40mg for High Blood Pressure

Meds I have Tried:
    Topamax,Tofranil, Elmiron, Atarax, Cymbalta, Elavil, Enablex, Detral La, Prydium.
    Lexapro< Bad reaction to this med!
    Intstills, could not continue them due to some kind of reaction after 3rd instill. Tasted the lidocaine in my mouth, tongue and lips went numb then went into what seemed like a panic attack. Shaking, racing heart, tingling face/head, blood pressure shot up..

Dx With IC in Nov 2006 with Hydro/Cysto
    Hydro/Cysto Caused Bladder to Rupture.

Other Dxs-Vulvodynia,Fibro, Endo, IBS, HPV, Migraines, Spastic Colon, Mild Dysplasia.

ICN Volunteers are not medical authorities nor do we offer medical advice. In all cases, we strongly encourage you to discuss your medical treatment with your personal medical care provider. Only they can, and should, give medical recommendations to you.

Comment

Please talk to your doctor about how you are feeling. You deserve to feel better.

Warm healing thoughts,
      Donna
      Stay safe

Elmiron Eye Disease Information Center - https://www.ic-network.com/elmiron-p...mation-center/
      Elmiron Eye Disease Fact Sheet (Downloadable) - https://www.ic-network.com/wp-conten...nFactSheet.pdf

Have you checked the ICN Shop?
      Click on ICN Shop at the top of this page. You'll find Bladder Builder and Bladder Rest, both of which we are finding have excellent results.

Patient Help: http://www.ic-network.com/patientlinks.html

Sub-types https://www.ic-network.com/five-pote...markably-well/

Diet list: https://www.ic-network.com/interstitial-cystitis-diet/

AUA Guidelines: https://www.ic-network.com/aua-guide...tial-cystitis/

I am not a medical authority nor do I offer medical advice. In all cases, I strongly encourage you to discuss your medical treatment with your personal medical care provider. Only they can, and should, give medical recommendations to you.
      [3MG]

Anyone who says something is foolproof hasn't met a determined fool

Comment

Thanks girls. Leelee I hope you are ok. I wish you well honey. I try to do things for me to make me feel better. But I do need to get seen by a new urologist. Maybe that will help things.

Diagnosed with IC 3-30-2003

Flare ups 1 time a month lasts for days.

Comment

I feel you inlove96!! Medical conditions can be so freaking frustrating that many times they can make me depressed. When times are bad with my body, I just lay on my bed when I get home from work and cry on my bed, not sure if it makes me feel better or not, but it's my "I give up!!" cry. It just feels like it's one thing after another with my body, and when I feel like things are going good right now, I very soon another bad thing will pop and dmaoer my spirit.

Hang in there!! Many of us are with you on these medical caused depressions. I try to get to get ouf of the house, go on any kind nature walk, or just get out and get some sun

Comment

I think we have all felt like that at one time or another, so I really understand how your feeling. Some days you just wonder why you even bother to get out of bed. I really mourn for my life before IC. I used to be so active and enjoy so many things and now I get so angry about all the things that I can't do anymore. I get so drained just from having to explain to people over and over again why I'm not feeling well or why I can't do things, it's just so frustrating sometimes. Yes, I get sad and depressed about it myself sometimes, then when it lasts for too long, I have to just kick myself in the butt and have a mental fight with myself and make myself get it together, otherwise, I could really lose it......It seems to be a never ending battle. But hang in there and hopefully tomorrow will be better for you. Try to remember that you do have people that really love and care about you and need you in their life.
            Feel better,

Kari
            Kari

I'm 47 years old, married 27 years. I have two wonderful boys and two wonderful grandchildren. I was diagnosed in 1994. Life has certainly thrown me many many surprises, all of which I'm trying to stay positive and hopeful, and I try to think about my blessings not my misfortunes, when possible. Stay Strong!

Comment

im on a diet too

I am on a diet too.
              I used to do Slim Fast...but since getting IC..im not sure if that would be ok or not (i read somewhere on here..that is aok..but im chicken)

anyway
              ive modified it for IC
              a bowl of cereal for breakfast
              a bowl of cereal for lunch
              and a sensible dinner

healthy snacks in between if needed...green apples, cheese or hard boiled eggs.

combine that w/ Pilates video every am (20 minutes each)
              and 20 minutes on the treadmil...at least 3xweek

the most important part...is to get right back on track
              everyone will get off track. everyone.
              like yesterday...had a baby shower...i ate cake and chocalte
              but got right back on track w/ the very next meal.

my friend lori...has been struggling w/ weight for years.
              her problem..she thinks she can only start diets on Mondays.

so..come thursday...she cheats with a cookie or something.
              so rather than get right back on track..the next meal..
              she figures she will wait till NEXT Monday to start over/
              well. thats never going to work..
              and she contines to eat the cookies and junk until next monday.

so thats the most important part. dieting hard. no bodys perfect.
              just dont get to far off track
              Quit ELMIRON due to hair loss
              Cystoprotek ROCKS!

find me on FACEBOOK -
              search my email [email protected]

Current Meds:
              AM Cystoprotek & ATARAX 50mg
              Dinner CYSTOPROTEK
              PM Elavil 25mg

Comment

Feel The Same..

I have felt the same way too. I started weight watchers and it has helped with some weight loss. I quit smoking and on new medications and have lost four pounds. I got dxed with FM on top of the IC and that really depressed me. I was crying everyday. I finally gave in and started Lexapro 10mg. It has helped me alot with the being depressed and my FM & IC pain levels.

P.S.
                Don't try the slimfast. I used to drink it everyday for two years and that was killing my bladder.
                Meds on now:

dextro 10mg

5000mg Vitamin D- when tested, I was sooo low.
                Compound Hormones- Had hysterectomy when 24, ovaries out 37

At night:

4mg Zanaflex- Fibro & PFD
                plendil- Raynalds

I have Fibro, IC, IBS, PFD, Raynauds.

Tried:

Past Meds
                Lexpro- changed to Cymbalta for better pain relief –off both
                Ultram – three times a day. Helped , I was tired of always being so tired.
                Elmiron-took for a year-
                Topamax-Did not need anymore since on dextro.
                Atarax- did not need anymore

Pictures: Hubby & Me, Ozzy, My three Sons!!
                What a proud Mother I am!!

Comment

Working...
                X