Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MakinIT
    replied
    Brittany...That is the most awesome answer yet....And it would've worked on this guy too. Oh, that makes me laugh just to think about it. Perfect. Now, I just have to remember it so I can say it next time it happens...I'll prob get confused and call myself an* A hole! L.o.L.

* Topamax...It messes with your brain and you forget what you are saying or how to say it.

Thanks much for a great reply, I will have to practice that one with a friend just to make sure I have it right.

Tracey

Leave a comment:

• BrittanysDance
    replied
    Makin It.

I'm so sorry this happend to you...I've had this happen to me before and I finally found a quite effective answer to it.

I got out of my car once when I had parked in a handicap spot and hung my placard in my window. After being harrassed MANY times over this before, I decided NOT to park in these spots any longer for a very long time because I got tired of being looked at and harrassed until my husband finally told me I WAS disabled and had just as much a right to park there as anyone else. So...he told me my next response to someone who said something was this:

The next time someone says "you dont look disabled to me..blah blah blah" To tell them "Yeah..and you dont look like an a** hole either - however looks can be decieving cant they?" and walk away.

It worked....they were so stunned they didnt know what to say or think....

the last person who said something to me...shut up very quickly as I walked WITH MY 6 year old son into the grocery store...smiling the entire time I pushed the cart!

It was the nicest thing I could possibly say given the circumstances and the best satisfaction I could get because I'd already been pushed around and harrassed enough by idiots who didnt understand. I didnt NEED to go into any explainations of WHY I was parked where I was...I WAS ENTITLED to be there by my doctor signing off on my permit, period!

Good luck and I'm so sorry you had that happen.

Hugs,
    Brittany
    Last edited by BrittanysDance; 06-11-2007, 09:22 AM.

Leave a comment:

• GriffsMommy
    replied
    Oh Tracy, we should have a support group for our girls, lol. Miranda is going to be 13 in a couple of weeks and she has similar behavior. Griffin broke a snow globe of hers that she was told to take to her room but didn't. She was so overly dramatic about it that he was walking around the house holding pieces of it saying he was sorry and then he tried to give her a hug and a kiss to say he was sorry w/o being told to do so and she shunned him! I was really upset when I heard about that, he's not quite three yet.

Leave a comment:

• MakinIT
    replied
    My youngest is 11...she is very volitile...she is the one who was with me yesterday when jerk face confronted me. My husband and I have had problems with discipling her/ie: he thought I was over reacting to her behaviors but he has actually dealt with it in the past few weeks and discovered I'm not crazy, she is hard. No...At 3 they kinda have to hang with you and you feel like you have an ever increasing weighted appendage hanging on you....but one day...it's not there. I was actually teary eyed the night before last because it was the 11 year old's "exit night" from elementary. Funny, with my oldest daughter I'm one of the very young moms (she is a Junior)...with my 11 year old, I'm an older mom. With the oldest daughter, most of the moms look like grandmothers, and no offense to anyone who is also sharing the title of a soon to be high school senior mother.....Maybe it's my perspective. When she was in kindergarten, I wasn't still 3 years from 30 so the moms were already going grey (in that neighborhood of my town...kinda upper snobby) Many stares when she was a little one, I just looked too young, around there, to be her mommy. However, now I feel old. my 11 year just left elementary, but she really has a lack of compassion. It kind of scares me. For me to sit and tell her I was hurting and a person she knew quite well was sick, and that was the source of my emotions the night before...(and she is old enough to step into empathy..she's done it before, she just won't give me a break).....She just sticks her hand up and tells me to stop...GEEEZZZZ......

Oh well...Just had my shower, feel better.............

Have a good night

Leave a comment:

• GriffsMommy
    replied
    Awww Tracy, I'm sorry, how old is your youngest? Griffin is almost 3 and he climbs into my bed just about every night. He's still too young for me to get him to leave me alone at all. I have to fight with him to stay out of the bathroom when I'm in the shower because I can't see what he's doing and he gets himself into trouble.

I know how hard it is to have them want time with you and you don't feel well enough. I fell so guilty after I yell at Griffin because he has just pushed me too far and I don't feel good. My bladder has been up and down so much lately, and now my right knee hurts everytime I walk but I'm scared to go to the dr because I don't want to find out anything else is wrong w/ me. It's probably my joints can't handle the fact that I'm becoming a fat a**.

On a brighter note I get a little break, the two boys are going to their moms tonight and then going to Hershey Park tomorrow. Their sister was supposed to go too but she did so many bad things in such a short period of time that we couldn't let her go.

Leave a comment:

• MakinIT
    replied
    I've always loved the cartoon symbols for swearing...very effective. And yes..jerk was one of the many adjectives I used.

Christine: that's ok...I wrote alot..It's just been a rotten coupla days. i haven't felt this low in a while. My bladder has reminded me in the last few days I have IC...I had to take 15 mgs of Oxycontin this AM, I haven't had breakthrough pain in awhile (at least at this level).... Then my daughter (youngest ) wanted to crawl into bed with me last night while my husband was up for awhile and I needed some time alone (I hurt, I needed to cry because of Greg...and she was a total brat...wouldn't leave until I was yelling) I tried to talk with her and apologize to her, and make her understand this morning, (by comparing times when she needs to be alone) but she just whipped her head away and said "STOP"...I just went back to bed. I hate life sometimes....

Tracey

Leave a comment:

• amartaingirl
    replied
    Jack @#$%$#

What a JACK #&$%!!

Leave a comment:

• GriffsMommy
    replied
    OMG Tracey, I didn't have time to read all of the posts this morning before I posted mine. I didn't see the one where your friends bladder cancer is back! I'm soooo sorry. I can't even imagine. Right before the end of the day yesterday one of my members (I work customer service for retirees about their health insurance) called me to tell us that her husband had died. They were in their 80's and you get used to it, it's just something you have to process on a regular basis w/ older people. Usually they seem okay when they call, like they've been sick for awhile and they came to terms with it. She told me he had had cancer and this one has just stuck with me because she really didn't sound okay. I felt so sorry for her Totally off subject, but cancer is just so scary, I'm so sorry.

Leave a comment:

• MakinIT
    replied
    Ha, ha, ha...I'd have to stop the sputtering anger, conquer the topamax memory lapses (which make me look like a total idiot...I used to be very articulate) in order to get that out...Maybe I'll print it on some business cards, stick 'em in my purse and hand them to these people. Perhaps we should all do this.... Hmm...a line of witty yet stinging comebacks to hand to people when they've completely put somebody over the edge...They'd be clean, of course...Yet just enough to let them know what a speck of mud they really are....'Course, they wouldn't understand. Because they are ignorant. Thanks for making me laugh.

Leave a comment:

• ICNDonna
    replied
    Try thinking of it this way: Those who have no idea of what others are experiencing, yet find the time to find fault are really not worth finding the time to notice! The only comment I can think of --- if you really feel they are worthy of comment is to simply say, "If ignorance is bliss, you must be totally blissful."

Warm hugs,
    Donna

Leave a comment:

• MakinIT
    replied
    Yes Christine: You must prostate yourself on the ground and cover yourself in soot, beseeching the blessing of all who pass you on what you may and may not buy because you have some assistance from the government!!!! FOR PETES SAKE!!!! It's not like cell phones are overwhelmingly expensive anymore. Many families choose cells over landlines now anyway b/c it is cheaper. And..maybe someone else in your family is helping you by paying for it, maybe not ....whatever...who cares? What is it with people sticking their damn noses into everyone else's business? My husband told me last night that one time we pulled into the same Safeway and it was a very bad day for me. He actually dropped me at the door and then turned into a H/c spot. I had to go in because it was something specific I was looking for and couldn't explain it to him. He got out of the car and jogged in to the Starbucks inside the door to wait for me. Of course, someone approaches him...he obviously looks very questionable (it was pouring rain so he ran in the door) My husband started out reasonably explaining "I dropped my wife at the door, it's hers, and we will have to go back out.." The guy went on a rant. (prob the same man...it's the same spot) I guess he saw me get out and didn't think I looked disabled although I know held up traffic because I was in a lot of pain. Oh, and I am fairly young still, and look it, so they assume I'm just lazy, ....My husband finally said, laughing at him " are you a doctor?" and then....the guy just sputtered and left. I wrote a letter to the local Columbian letter, just to explain the process a person has to go through to get a placard....I doubt it gets printed but I got alot off my chest..anyway...I'm less grumpy this AM...
    Last edited by MakinIT; 06-09-2007, 08:06 AM. Reason: addition of wording

Leave a comment:

• GriffsMommy
    replied
    I hate to say that I can believe this happened but it doesn't suprise me at all. I used to work in the call center for the DOT in my state. People would actually call us to find out how to get a handicap placard issued and stuff. I had people several times call up and say that someone had one that shouldn't. One of the reasons for one is having heart problems. I would always get really mad at these people and say that you can't see all disabilities by looking at a person and a doctor has to fill out a form to get one. If someone is using one that isn't there's sooner or later they will be asked to show the ID card that goes with it and they will get in trouble.

I had a similar situation that really upset me at a store but it was about WIC (women, infant, children) they give you free milk and stuff for your young kids. I called hubby on the cell phone one day to tell him I was on the way home while they were ringing up my stuff. The old woman behind me said, how can you afford a cell phone and have WIC, it's my tax money paying for that. I was so shocked I almost died. I said, I meet the requirements and it's a federal program so you would have to complain to your senetor or something. You could tell the check out girl was totally shocked and felt so bad for me. Some people are just stupid and don't deserve their voices to talk.

Leave a comment:

• MakinIT
    replied
    Part of my anger today

I am really angry with the guy from Safeway and if prior history has any indication, I'll stew for a while. I did when some dude did that in Bellevue..And it's because that there is nothing I can say or do that changes their ignorant minds. I grew up with disabilities all around me, I participated in service projects as youth..between summer camp counseling and actually working with youth who were disabled in summer camps when I was in college...My sister was disabled...I spent a year paralyzed...I know WHAT he believes to be the typical disability. And everything else is a boo boo you can take a pill for. I hate this.
    I'm also very sad and very angry b/c my best friend's bladder cancer is back. I saw him on Tuesday, he looked great....spent 30 minutes just trying to work this painful area out on my neck, then he worked down to my lower back. I neededto see him today because my neck went nuts again and my arm was numb. So, when I saw him at his office, he looked terrible. No sleep, hair messy, eyes red....I knew. He was talking robotically...I finally just grabbed his hand and said "Greg...what is going on? There's something with your cancer..." and he had a PET scan, which he needed prior to starting his mega chemo next week. (Lance Armstrong's treatment) His lymph nodes are mild to mod swollen in 6 places instead of 2, a small tumor has started back on his bladder and he is having difficulty urinating again, and the Coup de grace is 2 spots on his liver. He says the team at OHSU will most likely not treat him now and tell him to let nature take its course. I am so, so, so in shock. He was doing well. And he suddenly goes down the toilet. His urologist did a distention/cystoscopy under anastesia less than a year ago. He had to have seen the original tumor then, but he called it I.C. I've always been very fond of Greg and he of me, we've just had a great relationship from the start. If we were single we would have ruined our friendship by dating He is very in tune with people's bodies, and he know's mine and all of it' little quirKs (except , you know,,,, ) AND amazingly can take the pain from my bladder in a very odd way...Too strange to explain on the board, he has quite literally saved me. AND dammit, it was a lazy doctor whoscrewed it up. I want to do something but I dont know what.

Thank goodness I have you guys to talk to.

Leave a comment:

• MakinIT
    replied
    Yeh, I'll bet he's fun to be married to.... I like your reply to the ass at the airport.

You know, there are times when I do feel a little guilty, when I pull into a spot and someone pulls into a spot next to me and is getting out with oxygen and can barely walk..they stare at me like "***...you're abusing someone's DMV card..." which I'm sure this guy thought...but I guess I need to somehow figure out how to put a visual meter on myself to show my pain level...but even then, I don't think people would care...Unless you have equipment attached to you, you don't count.

Thanks..I'm glad I'm not the only one who uses these...Oh...and kadi...My eldest daughter, when she was 4 we lived in apts that had garages attached to ours. People could rent the garages, usually for storage. Someone had rented one to put her car in and she would start her car in the AM and we could smell fuel in our house, figured out it was coming in through the daughters closet. We complained to managers, they said we were just smelling cars going by in the AM. But he put a CO detector in...I went around one morning when I could smell the fumes and she was just starting to back out. When she had pulled out, I got her attention and she scowled at me but put her window down a crack. I explained the problem and asked if she could warm up her car with the garage door open and tail pipe out the door...her exhaust was going into a 4 year old's room. She told me to F.Off...that was not her problem, she paid for that garage. I was shocked. First time it occured to me that people wouldn't care about small children.
    (AND the CO detector went off a few days later and we were immediately moved to their executive suite for a month ,,,it was furnished....while they waited for a three bedroom to open...we got 3 free months, they moved our stuff for free and only charged us a 2 bedroom price....we only wanted the seal fixed between the garage and apartment. I think they were afraid we were going to sue.)

Tracey

Leave a comment:

• kadi
    replied
    You know, he was probably just waiting to pick a fight with someone.

I nearly got run over at the post office. A car backed out of a space so fast I had to jump out of the way & I was so startled I yelled. The woman backed the car up, put her window down & started screaming & swearing at me. I lost my temper & yelled back, "You almost ran me over, watch where you're going." She called me a "b----" & kept screaming as I walked into the post office. I figured she probably wouldn't come inside to beat me up in front of witnesses, but it was scary.

I had some trouble on a plane when I got pre-boarded so I could have a seat near a restroom. I didn't want the pre-boarding, but that was the only way I could get the seating. Some guy said snidely, "Gee, I'd like to be pre-boarded too." & since I was in an airport far from home & figured I'd never see anyone again, I said, "Maybe if you're very very lucky, Santa will bring you a disabling bladder condition & then you too can get a seat near a restroom by pre-boarding with people making comments." His wife looked like she wanted to crawl under the tarmac.

Yeah, it's probably not the safest thing to go off on people, but sometimes it's just really really hard not to.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X