X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CarolinaGal
    replied
    Flowerangela,

Just remember you ARE beautiful. Put it on an index card and tape it to your mirror.

Let me say it again just so you remember ..

YOU ARE BEAUTIFUL!

Leave a comment:

• flowerangela
    replied
    thanks jereme im still getting through the grieving process with the help of my therapist. its hard.carolina i dont think its silly to tell yourself you are beautiful ive started trying to do that everyday as well. my self confidence took a hit right before ic and then after ic its a struggle to keep it up.

Leave a comment:

• Jereme
    replied
    IC isn't a reason to stop living and self compassion is very important. You can never have too much of that. Everone who gets a chronic disease has some sort of grief reaction due to loss. It is important to go through and feel that to get to an acceptance and new life philosophy. Pain and illness are inevitable. Suffering is optional. It does get better and life can be good.

Leave a comment:

• CarolinaGal
    replied
    You are so right about self love! I've always chuckled at those quotes that say, "you can never truly love another human being if you don't love yourself" but they are so true!

I lost a lot of my self confidence over the past few years and lately I've decided that I need "me" time! My favorite thing to do is spend a few extra minutes in the morning in the mirror saying "I am beautiful". It sounds silly, but it really helps me get into the mindset that I am beautiful. We are all beautiful!

Leave a comment:

• ICNDonna
    replied
    When the weather is lousy here --- and it rains a LOT in Oregon --- I like to plug in a good movie and just relax.

Donna

Leave a comment:

• 4realtho
    replied
    I will do the same... I walk my little yorkie and take the 2 kiddos around the block a few times and that will help me to relax and get some exersize in a as well.

Leave a comment:

• Linda May
    replied
    i pray alot and go to church, i try to sing and just take 1 minute 1 day at a time.

Leave a comment:

• cmclien
    replied
    Glad you found something to brighten your day!

When the weather permits this time of year, walking my little yorkie gives me happiness. It just feels good to get outside.

Leave a comment:

• flowerangela
    started a topic made a little bit of progress today

made a little bit of progress today

i swear with this disease its like one step forward one step backward. an emotional rollercoaster for sure.today was a gloomy day cloudy/rainy and has been making me feel even more depressed..so i decided to do something that would raise my spirits i used to do before ic. took a nice long hot shower,shampooed/conditioned my hair,shaved my legs and used some of my aromatherapy stuff. it helped. im learning i got to start doing more things i enjoy in life and the concept of self love. loving yourself no matter what youre going through..
Working...
X