X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DebbieB
    replied
    You are very welcome Louise!!!
    Yes I am just about a hour away from Toronto..
    I have a cousin in Edmonton, he is well known in the Edmonton ballet Company...

I am glad that I was able to help you find her transcript...

~~~~Debbie~~~~

Leave a comment:

• louise
    replied
    Debbie,

Thanks so much for your help. I had checked into the guest lectures but didn't go as far back as 1998. I have just printed it and look forward to reading it. I find Dr. Vliet's book "Screaming to be Heard" a valuable resource. Thanks again for taking the time to post - much appreciated!!
    I see you are in Ontario. I live in Edmonton.

Louise

Leave a comment:

• DebbieB
    replied
    Just go to http://www.icnetwork.com/guestlectures/ and down to the 1998 Lecture Transcripts and you will see the transcript there ok..

I hope this has help you!!

Debbie

Leave a comment:

• louise
    replied
    Hi,

I am wondering how you access the Chat Log that refers to Dr. Vliet. I would love to read the transcript. Please help. Thanks.

Louise

Leave a comment:

• Judy22
    replied
    Another view--I have been on Activella HRT for five months. I was almost positive that I couldn't find a perfect fit for me, but this particular product has been a Godsend. I am also taking Fosomax 70mg--both of these medications help my preosteoporosis condition.

Leave a comment:

• Pentimento
    replied
    Hi friends, When I have some free time I explore more of ICN by using the Browse Our Site menu above. I am awed by all the resources available here for every kind of pertinent information. Donna, Kim, Jack , Jill and Diane deserve all our thanks and appreciation for their work and contributions. This morning I read and printed the transcript of a Chat Log featuring Dr. Elizabeth Lee Vliet, author of "Screaming to be Heard: Hormonal Connections Women Suspect...and Doctors Ignore. The topic was hormones and IC and is very informative and makes interesting reading. Her replies to questions from ICN staff answers a lot of questions about the hormone connection. I noticed she has a web site of information but didn't have time this AM to check and see if it is still functioning and what it consists of. Here is the address given then: www.herplace.com She does answer some male IC questions in the transcript. Hope this is helpful to someone. [img]smile.gif[/img] Pentimento

Leave a comment:

• SueP1
    replied
    Now I see what people talk about with the progesterone flares. I've been off my cycle of Prometrium for 10 days, and it didn't cause a period, but I feel like the old PMS- like I'm going to get one, and the burning has started up,as though before a period. I'm hoping since I'm only a week away from another progesterone round of 12 day cycling that this is not going to become a problem. I felt SO good on just the Estrace. Why is everything so complicated? I'd love to hear from anyone who has cycled Prometrium, just to share experiences.

Leave a comment:

• Gabi
    replied
    FYI:

I don't know much about HRT, however, I went to an infertility clinic for four years. During those years, at certain times each month, I had to give myself progesterone injections. For me, they had no effect, good or bad, on ic conditions.

Gabi

Leave a comment:

• SueP1
    replied
    Yes, I'd advise anyone with IC, Fibromyalgia, or migraines,etc. to read "Screaming to be Heard". It really clarified my decision to do the bio-identical equivalent to the human form of estrogen, rather than Premarin or Prempro, which is made from horse's urine. I'll be adding the Prometrium in a week or so. If you have a uterus you need to add the progesterone, which scares me about the IC flares.

Leave a comment:

• louise
    replied
    Correction:

I had the name of the doctor of the book "Screaming to be Heard" wrong - her correct name is Dr. Elizabeth Lee Vliet.

Sorry for the error.

Louise

Leave a comment:

• louise
    replied
    Hi,

I just wanted to refer anyone who is looking for more medical info relating to hormones and bladder/IC issues to a terrific book entitled "Screaming to be Heard" by Dr. Elizabeth Van Vliet. She discusses in detail a lot of what has been written about here. I would highly recommend it.

Louise

Leave a comment:

• Sherry from GA
    replied
    Everyone,

Let me make myself perfectly clear so as some do not misunderstand:

Here is my point: If you are an ICer that has recently been prescribed HRT with ANY type of Premarin and you experience an increase in bladder symptoms -- PLEASE CHECK IMMEDIATELY WITH YOUR DOCTOR AND EXPLAIN THAT SOME IC PATIENTS GET WORSE ON PREMARIN. Again, every IC patient is different so Premarin may or may not be your problem. I only want people to be aware that Premarin might be aggravating your symptoms. But please be advised, other ICers have suffered similar problems with Estrace and other types of HRT. Just be aware that hormone replacement can and does affect IC. With this illness we must all pay particular attention to our HRT regiment. It is my experience that ICers trying to find an HRT that works keep track of the types and dosages they have tried and annotate an increase or decrease to IC symptoms. Soon a clinical study will be performed to study the effects of hormones upon the estridiol receptors of the bladder and vagina.

Sherry

Sherry

Leave a comment:

• KarlaUrsula
    replied
    I have learned that anything with premarin in it can make your bladder flare. Let me know if it does affect you that way. And scroll up and read Sherry from GA, what she has to say. In most IC cases, premarin is a no no. But everybody is different. Good luck, hope it don't affect you that way. I think it sure did me. I'm in a horrendous flare now. Karla [img]mad.gif[/img] [img]mad.gif[/img] [img]mad.gif[/img]

Leave a comment:

• baker16
    replied
    Mgyno just put me on premhart. Has anyone heard about this one. Makes me tired and grouchy. Will this get better on hormones as time goes on. Just started it a week ago and feel crappy. Bladder does not seem any worse?? Please let me know what experiences anyone else has had, or if they have heard aabout this med. Thanks

Leave a comment:

• debdohairdo
    replied
    Hi There,
    I too have had many experiences using most of the available hormone replacements. I have recently gone off of Premarin for a variety of reasons.First off,even with taking 1.25 dose my blood test revealed that I was basically hormoneless!!!! I also had a constant trobbing vaginal pain that we assumed had to be varicosities in the vaginal area. When I reduced my dose it was better,but I just got worse. I NEVER felt 'balanced" on premarin. Premarin is a poor substitute when we actually have 3 different types of estrogen in our bodies. As for me, I am young and have never had any sex drive on it. I thought that was just something you lose when you have a hysterectomny. NOT! I am finally feeling and knowing that I am getting hormonally well. After checking my estrogen,testosterone,progesterone, dhea...my Dr. prescribed a compounded dermal cream specifically made for MY needs...not just a pill that is poorly absorbed anyway. It is absolutely the best thing that I have done for myself...trying the cream. It has brought back all my sex drive, balanced my skin, balanced my thoughts etc....I just cant tell you ...I didnt feel bad on Premain...I just didnt feel great like now getting all of the hormones. My creme has ALL THREE of the estogens the body needs ,testosterone and progesterone to protect against estogen enduced cancers and give a feeling of well being. I was skeptical at first and didnt want to go outside 'my box" and try something new. It is the best!!!!! It is formulated by prescription by the womens international pharmacy in Arizona. They have a list of Drs in your area that prescribe it. I wil NEVERRRR go back to premarin..and feeling better helps be cope with IC much better. Feel free to contact me at [email protected] if you have any questions. Good luck!!! and take care all, Deb [img]smile.gif[/img]

Leave a comment:

Working...
X