Barbara Kleine,Thyroid Info For You

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Barbara Kleine,Thyroid Info For You

Hi Barbara and fellow readers!!LONG!BUT INFORMITIVE!!

Read you post on thyroid,was awhile ago so thought id address you attention!!
    I know so much about hormones,thyroid,etc..
    First of i was put on ELAVIL in 1996.
    I went from 123lbs(im 5'7 very thin WAS! )
    to 193lbs in 5 months on ELAVIL!!
    For 2 years got thyroid tests!!even after ELAVIL couldnt loose weight!(water retention,bloating,hair thinning and loss,
    constipated,tired,no sex drive,i could go on..classic thyroid symptoms)
    Researching i read "IF YOU TAKE ESTROGEN IN INCREASES THE T4 ON A THYROID TEST CREATING FALSE RESULTS ON READINGS OF TESTING!!!"
    So i stopped estrogen(had complete hysterectomy at 27 for endometreosis,thats why was on ert)and BINGO!!2 years 5 tests later finally found HYPOTHYROID!
    So Barbara just some info! ~~IF~~ your on ert? tell dr!it gives a lower reading on thyroid tests!NEEDLESS SUFFERING DUE TO DRS NEGLEGENCE!!! EDUCATE YOURSELF!!i found that info in a Betty Kamen book at health food store,about estrogen and T4!!!!
    And if you ever considering ELAVIL for ic be prepared for weight gain and a messed up metabolism!!Top drs say ELAVIL INDUCED MY HYPOTHYROIDISM!!
    be carefull!!
    OK TO YOUR THYROID AND IC QUESTIONS!!
    MY IC STARTED ON AFTER SWITCHING TO SYNTHETIC SYNTHROID(T4) AND DR ADDING SYNTHETIC CYTOMEL(T3)endocrinologist said previuos patients had bladder pain like i did on SYNTHETICS!!!!(I didnt convert T4 to T3 on synthroid alone so dr added Cytomel=T3 ) GOT OFF SYNTHETIC THYROID REPLACEMENT! He said dont be suprised after putting me on ARMOUR THYROID(natural dessicated animal-derrived T4/T3 combination---yes need perscription for Armour)bladder will improve!!!
    Ya see Barbara bladder is very connected with thyroid,bladder has thyroid sensitive receptors!!!Also low thyroid means LESS OXYGEN!!!GET IT!!LESS OXYGEN TO THE BLADDER!!!!thats why L-Arginine(amino-acid) is given as an alternative for icers!!!it releases oxygen!!Bladder need oxygen to function properly! So if you have low thyroid functioning alot of times correcting the imbalance elimniates the bladder problems or improves it!
    Immunity plays a big role in IC!!Your thyroid plays a big role with your immune system(so do adreanals!!!check them too!)
    Thats why ic is an all over body balance
    needed to be addressed here!and yeast is adressed to clean the your body systemically
    then treat any imbalances and strengthen your immunity!!!ITS A GOOD START!!
    Were all differant and unique individuals,thats why theres no one plan of attack from one icer to the next!!
    But Barbara YES THE BLADDER HAS THYROID RECEPTORS,A HEALTHY FUNCTIONING THYROID DOES BASE ON BLADDER AND ALL OTHER GLANDS IN BODY!
    Very long!hope you found helpfull!!

Best of luck to you in getting well
    Barbara!!Your IC friend and supporter!
    Deedee

[This message has been edited by ICNDonna (edited 11-09-2000).]
    Deedee
Working...
X