black cohosh and red clover

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• black cohosh and red clover

Has anyone used black cohosh and/or red clover supplements for menopausal symptoms? I have had a totaly hysterectomy and have been taking estrogen and progesterone for the past 9 months since my surgery. Even with the low doses I take I have a lot of hot flashes. I was thinking about going off the hormones and trying alternative therapies but wanted to hear from people who have tried it. Thanks!
    Live life to the fullest day to day. The best way to eat an elephant is one bite at a time!

DX: IC - November 2002 after hysterectomy
    Interstim implanted March 2006 - died May 2011
    Interstim replacement June 2011
    Meds: Pain meds, muscle relaxer, cystex, and marcaine bladder instills as needed.
    Docs: Pain management doc, urologist, family practice

hello there i have been using black cohosh and am very happy with it regarding hot flashes. i discontinued hrt aug 2002 and have been using black cohosh for quite a few months now with great results. go for it. it is worth a try.......

Comment

How long did it take for the black cohash to kick in for you? I have been taking it for 3 months now, and just recently the flashes have not been as hot, & seem to recede quicker than before. But it sure doesn't work like HRT! I'd be interested to know about your experience. :o
      We can help one another here. Sue

Comment

Working...
      X