Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• compounded hormones and premarin

Hi everyone,
    In reading the post from Sherry in Atlanta,I wanted to share with you my experience with hormones.I too have had a complete hysterectomy and prior to having IC have tried 7 different types of oral hormones to find a balance.I tried every one available, I think [img]smile.gif[/img] After all of them, I ended up back on Premarin.Shortly after being diagnosed with IC, I found a wonderful D.O. that worked on my IC lower back pain.While I was in his office one day he told me that he thinks Premarin is detrimental to IC patients and asked permmission to run some hormonal labs. I must say that I am 39 and have been on hormones for 6 years. I have taken 1.25 Premarin for 3 of those years. When the labs came back, he could not believe how hormoneless I was. Basically, I was operating with none of the 3 types of estrogen we produce.no testosterone and no progesterone or dhea. In other words,even tho I was taking oral premarin it wasnt being absorbed and converted enough..which is common in about 80% of women tested he said. His suggestion was to prescribe compounded cream hormones (dermal) that contained all the hormones I was lacking to specifically meet the needs of my bloodwork.The results are amazing! My cream contains all 3 estrogens testoterone and progesterone. The progesterone is very important in negating the breast cancer risk. I actually have a sex drive and a "normal" hormonal feeling again. But heres the kicker. We decided to do an experiment. After being on the cream for about 4 months, for 5 days I went off the cream and took Premarin instead. OMG I could not believe that the Premarin put me into a HUGE flare! I flared and flared for days ! So to make sure it was the Premarin, I did it again the following month,and it again happened but even worse! I KNOW that it is true, that for me premarin and who knows, maybe other oral hormones can do it as well. I never would have known that it was the premarin had I not been using the dermal cream. Just a thought [img]smile.gif[/img] By the way, The pharmacy that custom compounds is womens international pharmacy in Youngstown Arizona. You can ask your Dr to prescribe,or call the pharmacy for a listing of Drs. in your area that do prescribe custom compounds.I stongly recomend them. Feel free to contact me if you need more info. Hope this helps [img]smile.gif[/img] )) Hugs Debbie

Debbie, hi..thanks for all that info. Do you have a website for that? I have started on the patches. You ever use them? I have used many different Premarin and Estrotabs....not sure what else. I will be on there for a year or less, then suddenly my body will reject it I guess. My doctor (family doc) was stunned the last time...she dont know what is wrong. I might mention the cream to her. She is a wonderful doctor.....wished she was my uro. What is that fibromalysia? What does it do?

later....Roberta
    When I die, please bury me at Wal*Mart....I know my husband wont visit often.

Comment

OMG!!! I HAVE BEEN TRYING TO FIND OUT WHY I HAVE THIS TERRIBLE PAIN (IC BLADDER) AND HAVE BEENT O 4 DOCTORS. I WAS TO GO IN AND HAVE THE TEST, BUT HEART PROBLEMS PUT ITON HOLD UNTIL I COULD GET A RELEAS FROM A CARDOLGIST. I HAD STARTED USING PREMERIAN CREAM (RUBBINGIN ON DAILY FOR THE PAST 4 MONTHS) AND I ALSO HAVE TAKEN THE SHOTS EVERY 21 DAYS FOR YEARS, BUT THAT WAS NOT ENOUGHT FROM KEEPING ME FROM GETTING ATROPIC VAGINA ( A TERIBLE CRACKING OF THE SKIN AND MAKING INTERCOURSE IMPOSSIBLE FOR A LONG TIME) I NOTICED THAT EVERYTIME I USE IT(THE CREAM NOW)THAT I HAVE A TERRIBLE FLARE UP WITH THE IC. I DONT KNOW WHAT TO DO NOW AS I HAVE TO USE SOMETHING TO AVOID THE CRACKING AND ITS NOT WORTH GETTING A FLARE UP OF THE IC EVERTIME. HELP!! SUSIEQTEXAS

Comment

I have had a complete hysterectomy back in 2000 and have been on premarin and switched to just estradiol and then I heard about the odds of getting breast cancer and quit taking anything right now. I was wondering if anyone has done better or worse on the hormones because I thought they were suppose to be better for the bladder. I just can't seem to decide if your better by taking hormones or better by not. I would really appreciate some input on this.

Comment

I have been using compounded Estriol Vaginal Cream approximately every other night, and it has been very helpful.

Comment

Working...
          X