Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ksearle
    replied
    I have been using compounded Estriol Vaginal Cream approximately every other night, and it has been very helpful.

Leave a comment:

• Fay
    replied
    I have had a complete hysterectomy back in 2000 and have been on premarin and switched to just estradiol and then I heard about the odds of getting breast cancer and quit taking anything right now. I was wondering if anyone has done better or worse on the hormones because I thought they were suppose to be better for the bladder. I just can't seem to decide if your better by taking hormones or better by not. I would really appreciate some input on this.

Leave a comment:

• SUSIEQTEXAS
    replied
    OMG!!! I HAVE BEEN TRYING TO FIND OUT WHY I HAVE THIS TERRIBLE PAIN (IC BLADDER) AND HAVE BEENT O 4 DOCTORS. I WAS TO GO IN AND HAVE THE TEST, BUT HEART PROBLEMS PUT ITON HOLD UNTIL I COULD GET A RELEAS FROM A CARDOLGIST. I HAD STARTED USING PREMERIAN CREAM (RUBBINGIN ON DAILY FOR THE PAST 4 MONTHS) AND I ALSO HAVE TAKEN THE SHOTS EVERY 21 DAYS FOR YEARS, BUT THAT WAS NOT ENOUGHT FROM KEEPING ME FROM GETTING ATROPIC VAGINA ( A TERIBLE CRACKING OF THE SKIN AND MAKING INTERCOURSE IMPOSSIBLE FOR A LONG TIME) I NOTICED THAT EVERYTIME I USE IT(THE CREAM NOW)THAT I HAVE A TERRIBLE FLARE UP WITH THE IC. I DONT KNOW WHAT TO DO NOW AS I HAVE TO USE SOMETHING TO AVOID THE CRACKING AND ITS NOT WORTH GETTING A FLARE UP OF THE IC EVERTIME. HELP!! SUSIEQTEXAS

Leave a comment:

• bert334
    replied
    Debbie, hi..thanks for all that info. Do you have a website for that? I have started on the patches. You ever use them? I have used many different Premarin and Estrotabs....not sure what else. I will be on there for a year or less, then suddenly my body will reject it I guess. My doctor (family doc) was stunned the last time...she dont know what is wrong. I might mention the cream to her. She is a wonderful doctor.....wished she was my uro. What is that fibromalysia? What does it do?

later....Roberta

Leave a comment:

• debdohairdo
    started a topic compounded hormones and premarin

compounded hormones and premarin

Hi everyone,
    In reading the post from Sherry in Atlanta,I wanted to share with you my experience with hormones.I too have had a complete hysterectomy and prior to having IC have tried 7 different types of oral hormones to find a balance.I tried every one available, I think [img]smile.gif[/img] After all of them, I ended up back on Premarin.Shortly after being diagnosed with IC, I found a wonderful D.O. that worked on my IC lower back pain.While I was in his office one day he told me that he thinks Premarin is detrimental to IC patients and asked permmission to run some hormonal labs. I must say that I am 39 and have been on hormones for 6 years. I have taken 1.25 Premarin for 3 of those years. When the labs came back, he could not believe how hormoneless I was. Basically, I was operating with none of the 3 types of estrogen we produce.no testosterone and no progesterone or dhea. In other words,even tho I was taking oral premarin it wasnt being absorbed and converted enough..which is common in about 80% of women tested he said. His suggestion was to prescribe compounded cream hormones (dermal) that contained all the hormones I was lacking to specifically meet the needs of my bloodwork.The results are amazing! My cream contains all 3 estrogens testoterone and progesterone. The progesterone is very important in negating the breast cancer risk. I actually have a sex drive and a "normal" hormonal feeling again. But heres the kicker. We decided to do an experiment. After being on the cream for about 4 months, for 5 days I went off the cream and took Premarin instead. OMG I could not believe that the Premarin put me into a HUGE flare! I flared and flared for days ! So to make sure it was the Premarin, I did it again the following month,and it again happened but even worse! I KNOW that it is true, that for me premarin and who knows, maybe other oral hormones can do it as well. I never would have known that it was the premarin had I not been using the dermal cream. Just a thought [img]smile.gif[/img] By the way, The pharmacy that custom compounds is womens international pharmacy in Youngstown Arizona. You can ask your Dr to prescribe,or call the pharmacy for a listing of Drs. in your area that do prescribe custom compounds.I stongly recomend them. Feel free to contact me if you need more info. Hope this helps [img]smile.gif[/img] )) Hugs Debbie
Working...
X