Hormone Therapy

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hormone Therapy

I was diagnosed with hypothyroidsim in 1993. Just after my 40th birthday. Then in 1995 I had a hysterectomy. Now 12/2000 I started having IC symptoms. I have been treated for Ic since 1/01. I have been taking Elmiron and hyddrocone for pain.

For about two months I have bee way emotional thinking it was the IC. So I started DMSO. Glad to report I had my first treatment and held it for 20 minutes no problem. the first 3 days were ruff, but I feel way better. The use of the hydrocondone is non- existant.

Any way, I have been sooooo emotinal, suicidal, and like that. I thought it was my thyroid off again. Thyroid was ok. so I had the weekend from hell emotionally!!!! I am an educated women, make good money and I am fairly stable!!! I was nuts!!!!. Went to the doc and she put me on premarin.
    I have been reading alot about IC, In the book "Managing Intersititial Cystitis& Overlaping Cinditions" in links post menapausal with the onset of IC and it links Hypsothyroidism too. This is all very curios. Any one else going through this stuff.
    Today I am holding my own, I just want it to all go away, It feels like the minute I get a handle on this thing another symptoms pops up. It is really playing havoc on my realtionships.

i have had hypothyroidism since i was 13 i am 39 now so i know what you are going through. your thyroid can wak out at any given time. you can have bouts of what seems like rages for no apparent reason. i think it is because of the adrenal glands and the pitutary gland and sometimes just plain old increases in insulin that make this happen. i would try to stay on a low carb diet avoid all refined sugar. and eat only fresh foods. by fresh i mean if it can spoil thats good.
    i try to eat mainly vegetables,fresh fish,fresh chicken and avoid red meat. i also exercise daily. by exercise i mean at least 30min. cardio. a day. taking care of your body as a whole will really help balance your thyroid. you maybe able to take hrt. that helps to. i can't use the patch it always brings me into a flare. so i am thinking about using the estrogen cremes. what thyroid meds are you own? i take 3gr.armour daily. i did try a generic but changed 1 1/2 months ago back to the armour because my dr. thought it was more natural and better for the ic. also get your thyroid checked every yr. by a good dr. and they can base your t-3and t-4 levels by this.

Comment

Originally posted by Jean Ann:
      I was diagnosed with hypothyroidsim in 1993. Just after my 40th birthday. Then in 1995 I had a hysterectomy. Now 12/2000 I started having IC symptoms. I have been treated for Ic since 1/01. I have been taking Elmiron and hyddrocone for pain.

For about two months I have bee way emotional thinking it was the IC. So I started DMSO. Glad to report I had my first treatment and held it for 20 minutes no problem. the first 3 days were ruff, but I feel way better. The use of the hydrocondone is non- existant.

Any way, I have been sooooo emotinal, suicidal, and like that. I thought it was my thyroid off again. Thyroid was ok. so I had the weekend from hell emotionally!!!! I am an educated women, make good money and I am fairly stable!!! I was nuts!!!!. Went to the doc and she put me on premarin.
      I have been reading alot about IC, In the book "Managing Intersititial Cystitis& Overlaping Cinditions" in links post menapausal with the onset of IC and it links Hypsothyroidism too. This is all very curios. Any one else going through this stuff.
      Today I am holding my own, I just want it to all go away, It feels like the minute I get a handle on this thing another symptoms pops up. It is really playing havoc on my realtionships.
      I can help you with the thyroid problems. However, you might want to try another estrogen. Premarin makes a lot of icers flare. I use the Climera Patch and have also used Estrace Pills. Make sure that you are getting enough. The patch will allow cutting and pasting, so you can titrate your dosage. You can also cut pills. A good gyno will allow you to play around with your dosage until you get what you think you need. A lot of gynos don't give their patients enough estrogen. Dosages of .5 and .l are only suggested amounts. You have to find out what is right for you.

Hope this helps.

Comment

Hi Sapp,

I take synthroid .175mg. I get my thyroid checked every month!!! Its such a pain. However now they say its ok. But you know even if its on the low side of normal we can still have symptoms. I too eat a very low carb diet. since my DMSO treatment I am doing so well with the bladder pain.
        I also went out and bought primrose oil and black osh tea. I feel tons better.

Thanks Nancy, I think my doc will make me try the premarin for a while but thanks for the info. If I have problems I will request the options you mentioned.
        I am having a much better time right now.
        Thanks for the support
        (((((((((HUGS))))))))))

Comment

I've been taking premarin for many years with no IC aggravation. I take a low dose.

Warm hugs,
          Donna
          Stay safe

Elmiron Eye Disease Information Center - https://www.ic-network.com/elmiron-p...mation-center/
          Elmiron Eye Disease Fact Sheet (Downloadable) - https://www.ic-network.com/wp-conten...nFactSheet.pdf

Have you checked the ICN Shop?
          Click on ICN Shop at the top of this page. You'll find Bladder Builder and Bladder Rest, both of which we are finding have excellent results.

Patient Help: http://www.ic-network.com/patientlinks.html

Sub-types https://www.ic-network.com/five-pote...markably-well/

Diet list: https://www.ic-network.com/interstitial-cystitis-diet/

AUA Guidelines: https://www.ic-network.com/aua-guide...tial-cystitis/

I am not a medical authority nor do I offer medical advice. In all cases, I strongly encourage you to discuss your medical treatment with your personal medical care provider. Only they can, and should, give medical recommendations to you.
          [3MG]

Anyone who says something is foolproof hasn't met a determined fool

Comment

Working...
          X