Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• HYPOTHYROIDISM ANYONE??

Hi everyone,
    It's been a couple years since posted with a new question. My IC feels like it's calmed down, i almost feel normal when i take care of myself which is good b/c i'm 22 and i have alot of time for it to get worse. I'm off my Elmiron due to it's side effects (lethargy, and then the hair loss didn't help)

But the hair loss promted my new GYN to test my thyroid and the results reveal that my thyroid is barely if at all working!
    And i don't know how long it's been this way and i'm surprised my URO never thought to test it b/c when i used to comoe here all the time i'd hear alot about thyroids but i never thought it applied to me.

Does anyone have this, i'm curious as to what to expect treatment wise and if my symptoms will go away.
    I have dry eyes really bad at night,
    always anxious and moody but always have been
    i'm still thin, no weight gain so far
    IC
    hair loss
    anyone know if this relates to IC or if you have this?
    just thought i'd ask,
    hope everyone is doing well!!

NB - If you go to the "Related Conditions" board and browse through past topics you will find much discussion of thyroid disorders and people here who do have thyroid problems. You should be able to click to bring up topics for the past year.
    Kim

Diagnosed August 2001

Current IC meds: Elmiron (since 2001), Levaquin (one pill after intercourse to prevent UTIs), Effexor (for depression & anxiety)

Past IC meds: Amitriptyline (Elavil), Hydroxyzine (Vistaril), Detrol LA, Lexapro (for depression & anxiety, but also helped my IC) (They all helped, but I was able to discontinue them.)

I've been virtually symptom free and able to eat & drink whatever I'd like for about 8 years now.

“We who lived in concentration camps can remember the men who walked through the huts comforting others, giving away their last piece of bread. They may have been few in number, but they offer sufficient proof that everything can be taken from a man but one thing: the last of the human freedoms -- to choose one's attitude in any given set of circumstances, to choose one's own way.” ~ Viktor Frankl

“You cannot control what happens to you, but you can control your attitude toward what happens to you, and in that, you will be mastering change rather than allowing it to master you.” ~ Brian Tracy

Comment

Working...
    X