Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RE::: PAP TEST

Hello Everyone,
    Since it is almost time for my Pap Test, I was wondering, has anyone flatly turned down the test. I am 58 yrs., old and the last one I had after being dx.,ed with Ic I amost threw up on the gyn.,s floor from the pain. I'm afraid if I refuse, he won't refill my estrogen. What should I do???
    Thanks
    Susan
    Susan
    People may not remember exactly what "you did, or what you said, but- they will always remember how you made them feel"

You need to ask your doc about that but this may help. I had mine last week and my doc used a small speculum (sp) instead of a large one. It wasn't nearly as traumatic as the first one. Good Luck!

Kenzy

Comment

Hi Kenzy,
      Thanks for the reply. Thats a thought, but.... I also have trouble with the glove. I don't know how to say this but... when he examines me in both cavities at the same time. I tried to sound lady like, but it sounds worse than if I had used the right words. he! he!!
      Thanks and hugs
      Susan :o
      Susan
      People may not remember exactly what "you did, or what you said, but- they will always remember how you made them feel"

Comment

I changed to a female doctor. Smaller hands and a more delicate touch makes a difference.

Comment

I've had the same gyn for 13 years. He knows about my IC and I swear, after he's done a pap and exam, I don't feel a thing.

There just isn't enough good that I could possible say about this man. We (my daughter, my pregnant daughter) were patients on his first week of private practice and he just keeps getting better and better. He is the only dr that I don't have a problem waiting for (sometime it's a couple of hours) because he takes as long as every patient needs. He's NOT a hit and run dr:
          teri
          ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
          Courage does not always roar. Sometimes, it is the quiet voice at the end of the day saying, "I will try again tomorrow".

Comment

Working...
          X