I love swimming!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I love swimming!

Does anyone else out there get as much from being in water as I do? I can have a pretty bad flare and still make it to the pool to swim laps. It's a great way to make your body think about something else besides the bladder!

Also, when pain is not so bad, I love to do hill walking just out side my house. There's a wonderful 45 min. loop walk right from where I live.

Sure wish I had some IC buddies to walk with!

Hi dminton, that's great that swimming doesn't bother your bladder...I can't swim because of the chlorine and other chemicals irritating my IC. Keep it up!

Alexa
    My story of healing and hope http://www.ic-network.com/patientstories/alexa.html

Comment

I love to swim we have a pool out back it a 4ft but still it is great i like to go up to the hole where it is throwing the water out and let it hit my bladder it feels so good. I hate this time of the year i feel like i'm tied down to the house because the weather is so nasty. I think the sun has disappered on up i havent seen it in a week now the clouds keeps it covered up frown
      Medicine taken daily or as needed:
      1. Heaprin and Marcaine rescue installment 1 to 3x daily as needed.
      2. MS.Cotin 100mg 3x daily
      3. MSIR 30mg 1 or 2 every 4-6hrs as needed for breakthrew pain.
      4. Fentanyl 100 mg Change every 48hrs.
      5. Gentamicin 80mg install after each rescue treatment
      5 Leviquin 500mg self start as needed.
      6. Klonopin 1 or 2 daily as needed.
      7. Prosed/DS as 1 every 6hrs as needed.

I have IC, but IC doesn't have me anymore!

Comment

I also like to swim and most of the time can tolerate it ok. There are times though it will cause more pressure on my bladder and I am out frequently to go to the bathroom. But I do enjoy it.

Jolene
        Jolene

"Life is what happens when you are making other plans" John Lennon

IC diet cheat sheet....http://www.ic-network.com/diet/dietcheatsheet.html

Information for Patients can be found here.
        http://www.ic-network.com/patientlinks.html

Jen's tips for great IC sex..http://www.ic-network.com/forum/showthread.php?t=22522&highlight=jens+tips[/url]

Newbie Angel...I will be happy to answer any questions or just listen. Email me at [email protected]

"IC Angel Volunteers are not medical authorities nor do we offer medical advice. In all cases, we strongly encourage you to discuss your medical treatment with your personal medical care provider. Only they can, and should, give medical recommendations to you."

Comment

That's great that you can swim. I have always found that swimming pools affect my bladder - I guess now I know why! Since I've been diagnosed there are lots of little things that have bothered me over the years (which I've just put up with) that make sense. I'm only hoping that the way I feel now is as bad as it ever gets (I don't have pain - only burning and occasional urgency).
          October

Comment

I like the swimming pool too! I just recently went back, but instead of doing laps, I'm trying to do aquafit! I went twice last week. I have not this week, but I hope to get back to it next week! So far, I have found that the chlorine does not bother me. THe only thing that bugs and this is funny! When we are bouncing around in the pool doing aquafit, everything is bouncing, let me tell ya! I find that I have to get out of the pool to go to the washroom! Ha, ha, ha! Oh well, I guess I will just have to adjust! Or not drink so much before I go! As for walking, I like walking to, but I find that I can't go very far unless I walk where I know there will be bathrooms along the way. Then I suppose I could walk forever! It just the bathroom thing that stops me. I hope one day that I can do more walking, because it is good exercise and it is cheap!

Comment

When I swim or get into WATER I get a major flare...perhaps that could be your problem also....

Comment

For those who have problems with chlorine, try a therapeutic pool (hospital, Easter Seals, etc.) which uses hydrogen peroxide & a sand filter instead. Far less irritating.
                IC & fibromyalgia since ~'77. Osteoarthritis since ~'88. Idiopathic Thrombocytopenia Purpura (autoimmune blood disease) since '96. IBS for who knows how long. Interstim implant 2/04, revised 6/06, replaced 11/12 & again in 9/17. Antibodies to thyroid since at least '92 (finally diagnosed & treated 1/06). Asthma & vocal cord dysfunction 12/06. Hypoglycemia '07. Perimenopausal at 37, menopause at 45. Pituitary & adrenal failure. Osteopenia. Grade 3 sacral fracture by S3-S4 at age 12, healed 14mm out of place.

Comment

Working...
                X