Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Big Red
    replied
    Fiber con seem to be working very welll . I have not had any problems with it. I still have a side ache but it is helpoing. My IC pain is almost not noticable at all. I don't know if its the Fibercon or the PT or that I have turned my inter-stim off. The inter-stim gave me PFD pain big time.

Leave a comment:

• petrie86
    replied
    I love the feeling after working out. I bought this ab bench which is awsome. I do the tape and then after I'm all warmed up from my ab workout... I go running. I came home yesterday sweating like a pig. Yucky I know but lord did I feel good. I also had alot of anger to get out yesterday and I ran it out. I ran up this huge hill by my house. Wow my legs hurt today. haha but it's worth it. Gotta try to get the flat stomach again. lol I'm still young and gotta look good you know?!

Rach

Leave a comment:

• Berkshire Road
    replied
    There a quite a lot of studies indicating that exercise releases endorphins; I think it's accepted medical orthodoxy by now. But it's good to be reminded, because it sure is hard to get started, especially when you're hurting!

Leave a comment:

• jjt001
    replied
    Exercise was always part of my pain management routine (I rarely have pain now since I've been on Elavil). I talked to the medical student at my uro's office about it and she offered a couple of theories. One was that there are two types of pains, with organ pain (such as bladder pain) being "visceral". When we work out we put stress on our organs (i.e., heart and lungs) and the brain reacts to that stress as it would to pain. So, an added benefit is the brain's reaction to our bladder pain. I'm sure it is more complex than that, but that's the gist of it!

Also, I found that by exercising early in the day I was drinking a lot of water and keeping my urine very diluted, which aslo helped my pain.

Now that I'm on Elavil I can work out pretty easily without pain -- my only problem is finding a time to go work out because it's hard to get up at 5:00 a.m. and go when I used to because I'm sleepy! I'm still working out though, and getting positive benefits, even if pain and symptom management isn't my #1 goal of the workout anymore.

Good luck!

Leave a comment:

• HGC
    replied
    I always feel better after I exercise even if my bladder hurts. I think for me exercising releases a lot of stress so even if it causes me some pain it is definitely worth it.

Leave a comment:

• Big Red
    replied
    I have been doing the exercise my PT gave me. It seems like by doing them I have felt better. Most of them are stretching or abdomonal strengthining.

Leave a comment:

• kadi
    replied
    I often have the same thing, after exercising I feel a lot better

Leave a comment:

• delfin
    started a topic Post-exercise endorphins

Post-exercise endorphins

I find I feel so much better after I exercise... thinking it must be the endorphins. I was feeling lousy today, and forced myself to get on the treadmill. Mild pain in my knee and great tunes in my ipod took my mind off my bladder... and now, after working out, I feel pretty good! Has anyone else noticed a positive effect after exercising? I wonder if any studies have been done on this?
Working...
X