X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• saltire
    replied
    Thankyou,
    I will definately get in touch with her doctor and get an excuse note. The school nurse has been a wonderful help so i will speak to her too.
    They have just started the running this week, so thats why we are not aware of any probs til now.
    Saltire

Leave a comment:

• humpieumpumkin
    replied
    I was an avid runner but had to switch to elipical on the advice of my uro due to bladder irratation. Running can also cause hematuria(blood in the urine) and it is quite irratating to the IC bladder. I'm sure your doc will have no issues excusing her from that kind of exercise. Even walking would be better.

Erika

Leave a comment:

• DaniBelle
    replied
    I agree with the other posts..

I can't imagine your daughter having to run and then go back to class to sit there in agony! There are other exercises she can do without jarring her bladder. Get the note of explanation from her MD and he/she, you, your daughter and the PE teacher can find something fun for her to do. She can still get exercise and be involved with her classmates without having to worry about it bringing on pain. Just the thought of running makes me put my legs up in the air (right now!). At my best, I can only be on my feet JUST WALKING for no more than 30 minutes. The gravity is awful and the more one walks, the more the bladder gets pulled and jarred.

I hope she feels better soon...!

Danita

Leave a comment:

• ICNDonna
    replied
    I sent two asthmatic sons through the school system by getting notes from their physicians to excuse them from some physical education programs. I think it would be a good idea to do this for your daughter. Running isn't usually a good exercise for an ICer --- it's one of the "jarring" exercises.

Donna

Leave a comment:

• MerryBerryMoose
    replied
    Originally posted by saltire View Post
    My 12 year old daughter is getting running in PE at school. It seems to make her pain worse, she has called me 2 times this week to see if she can take pyridium at school cause it's so bad, both times after running, has anyone any suggestions what we can do to help.
    Saltire
    You could try getting a note from the doctor to excuse her from gym (or from the excersizes that bother her). That's what I have been doing for the last 2 years.

Leave a comment:

• saltire
    started a topic Pain after running

Pain after running

My 12 year old daughter is getting running in PE at school. It seems to make her pain worse, she has called me 2 times this week to see if she can take pyridium at school cause it's so bad, both times after running, has anyone any suggestions what we can do to help.
    Saltire
Working...
X