How many calories do you eat in a day?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

sparkpeople

Kadi---I just went to that website. I had never heard of it before! Wow ! ! !

It is soooo cool!

Thanks so much for telling us about it.

It's going to be my new addiction.

I can't wait to spend more time on it and play around with it.

Lee Ann
    Current Rx Meds:
    Atarax, Ditropan, Elmiron
    Prior to pregnancy: The above 3 meds PLUS Neurontin, Topamax, Loratadine, continuous OrthoCyclen, Lidocaine Patches PRN, Temazepam PRN, & Vicodin PRN
    Hooray for babies!
    Misc. lifesavers: Hot baths, ThermaCare Heat Wraps, Ice Packs. The IC Diet has changed my life.
    Didn't work for me:
    Detrol LA, Amitryptiline, Morphine, Percocet, TENS unit, Interferential Pain Stimulator Unit, Hypogastric Plexus Nerve Block
    IC (Mod-Severe) since 1996

UPDATE: 5/21/08 Pregnancy and breastfeeding afterwards have alleviated my IC symptoms more than anything, EVER. Most days are 100% pain free & I now have normal frequency (as long as I take these 3 meds).

My little sweetie! Jack weighed 9 lbs 12 oz and was born via c-section on Feb. 28, 2008...

Comment

help

I am not sure how to put a new thread on here so I thought I would reply to this one since it is a bit similar. I have been trying to watch my weight lately too. I was just diagnosed with IC. My doctor has not been helpful at all but the pamphlet he gave me was. I am now taking elmiron, and have been gaining weight. i also have found that I am having a hard time changing my diet. I have always considered myslef an ok healthy person when it came to eating with a few indiscretions here and there. But after reading aobut what not to eat i have found that my fruits and veggies have been hurting me. So now I don't know what to eat and have been stealing kids cookies becasue i am always hungry. I thought I would start to keep a food journal but i cheat and even started walking on MOnday, it when no further, On tuesday I was in severe pain I guess i cannot due sit ups and a 20 minute walk. I am so frustrated with the weight gain and the pain. Any and all advice will help. I just feel like there is n ot hing I can do. Another issue going on is becasue of the sever pain I have been in my husband and I have not been able to be intimate in 6months. ANd yes I have tried lubricants and they have not helped. I am beyond frustrated!!

Comment

Elmiron will do that and so will IC. I had got up to 215 from 135 until just recently starting Topamax and within 2 months I lost 60 pounds! We figure it was all water weight though because my blood pressure is down and everything. I feel great and can exercise and do so much more now!
        http://www.TheCraftyEwe.etsy.com

Comment

I try to eat 1200 cals per day, too. Any more than that and I gain weight, thanks to Elavil giving me the metabolism of a slug!
          I have: Interstitial Cystitis,Eustacian Tube Dysfunction, IBS, Sciatica.

I take: Elavil 50 mgs, Balziva birth control, and Elmiron instillations.

I am: Not my disease.

My Myspace Page: http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm...iendid=4249067

Comment

Moonheart, have you had any problems with the topomax? I've been reading how a lot of people loose so much weight with it and then there is a web site where people post their experiences and some end up like zombies for life or had really bad side effects. I have an awful time with side effects from pills so kind of scared to try it but would be so nice not to be fat anymore. I'm tired of crying over it and thinking about calories all the time. Do you have problems taking pills too? That is sooooo great you dropping all those pounds! :woohoo: Congrats! :woohoo:

Comment

I tried the sparkpeople web site too. Everyting was going good until someone complained about the post I had made. It didn't fit their group they thought and I didn't think it was right to attack me about it so I haven't been back. Some people can be very pushy.

Comment

Sarajo,

You may want to check out to see if there are other problems like pelvic floor dysfunction and vulvadynia. I went to a new doctor that ran some other tests and got me into PT. The physical therapist told me that the muscles around my pelvic area (stomach, back, and inner thighs) so so tight it was like I had a body suit on 2-3 sizes too small. Anyway, my point is that I thought it was ok to do pilates and ok to do crunchs and it was like one of the worst things for me. Also I had the same problem with you and the fruits and vegs because oh no we can't eat hardly and fruits and vegs. . I gained weight the 4 years I have had IC because of all the carbs I eat. I have started eating one pear and 1 cup of blueberries a day and try to eat some veggies like carrots and other things that are on the list. I hope this helps.

waterflow,
                I don't know how you drink those slimfast shakes with all the preservs and crap that they put in them. That would cause me the most painful flair.

Krisi

Comment

weight

Thanks everyone for your advice. I am wondering if you all see a urologist or a gynocologist. My urologist is not helpful at all and I am wondering if I need to see a new gynocologist so maybe I can get so me answers as to why I am in pain when I execrcise?

Comment

Working...
                  X