X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• suzannes
    replied
    Pheobe,

Before IC I ran 6 days a week. It is probably the thing I miss the most. Right now I can only walk. Surprisingly I've been able to maintain my weight with walking. When I first got IC I couldn't even walk up the stairs. After a few months I started walking only a 1/4 mile, now I'm up to 2. I still hope some day I can run, but I'll take this for now!

Leave a comment:

• Phoebe M
    replied
    Katie!

Ya- ive seen people with treadmills used for storage and clothing- i can see myself doing that

Id use it for a while and then the novelty would wear off.

maybe one day i will afford a treadmill and then hang all of my work out clothes that are too small on it

Leave a comment:

replied
    Do NOT do sit-ups! This can make your pelvic pain worse. I would suggest speaking to a physical therapist who specializes in IC or pelvic pain before doing anything involving sit-ups. Walking is fine and great cardio!

Leave a comment:

• KatieB
    replied
    Originally posted by Phoebe M View Post
    I suppose one day when I can afford a treadmill I will buy one, hopefully it doesn't become a clothes rack.
    LOL, I'm not laughing about your inability to exercise, but we just gave away our treadmill which had become a clothes rack in the bedroom until we moved it to the garage and then it became an expensive shelving system!!

I hope you're feeling good enough to walk soon. That's all I can do and only in very short bursts.

Leave a comment:

• Albern
    replied
    I agree with Donna's advice of having walk for about 10 min's on daily basis.... You should also use the treadmill. That help's you more in this winter......

Leave a comment:

• kadi
    replied
    I like the Leslie Sansone walking dvds - very very low impact & I can exercise in my living room no matter what weather! They have the option for 1, 2, or 3 mile "walks", so it's easy to start out slow. I got mine for $5 each at Ross in their video bin. I'm sure you can get them inexpensively at amazon or free at your local library!

Leave a comment:

• Phoebe M
    replied
    treadmill

I suppose one day when I can afford a treadmill I will buy one, hopefully it doesn't become a clothes rack.

Leave a comment:

• ICNDonna
    replied
    Walking is a good exercise --- even if you just walk around in your house for even ten minutes at a time. We have so much rain in Oregon that I gave up a couple of years and bought a treadmill. There are days when I can only walk for ten minutes, but I usually can do 45 minutes if I don't set it to go too fast.

Donna

Leave a comment:

• Phoebe M
    started a topic Afraid to exercise

Afraid to exercise

Since my big flare began in December things have really been going downhill. I quit my dance class. Its been a very cold winter so I don't feel like walking but worst of all I am in daily pain so I am afraid to go to any aerobics classes or go out walking.

when the pain comes on it comes out of nowhere and its BAD. I can hardly walk sometimes.

i suppose i could do sit ups or excercise on good days at home but Ive gained weight from the amitryptaline and from laying down with my heating pad as soon as i get home from work (i stand all day)

in a really bad funk

anyone else feeling like this?
Working...
X