Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• dg2901
    replied
    I dont have a clue as to what to suggest regarding a cycling class. Have you discussed your issue with the instructor or the owner of the gym? Perhaps they've dealt with similar issues and can suggest something to you.

Regarding your own bicycle--if you go into your local bike shop and tell the cycling pro your issues s/he can recommend the proper seat for you, and you'll be able to try it out prior to purchasing. There are seats specifically designed for pelvic issues that compensate both male and female anatomy.

Leave a comment:

• JustmeGemmy
    replied
    Originally posted by KaraY View Post
    I am curious if anyone here has had success bike riding without causing pain and flares.

I'm desperate to try taking a spinning class at my gym again -- maybe there are special "cycling" shorts or something that would help take pressure off the urethra?

I exercise 5-7 days/week and would love to put this class back into my rotation since its such an awesome calorie burn.

Any advice?

I've been doing intervals on a recumbent bike, which is very comfortable, but isn't the same as this class, which is super motivational! I anyone wants the recumbent routine, I can email it to you.
    I'm quite interested to know this too.. Riding my bike causes ridiculous frequency & I need it to get to my clients!

Leave a comment:

• KaraY
    started a topic Riding an upright bike?

Riding an upright bike?

I am curious if anyone here has had success bike riding without causing pain and flares.

I'm desperate to try taking a spinning class at my gym again -- maybe there are special "cycling" shorts or something that would help take pressure off the urethra?

I exercise 5-7 days/week and would love to put this class back into my rotation since its such an awesome calorie burn.

Any advice?

I've been doing intervals on a recumbent bike, which is very comfortable, but isn't the same as this class, which is super motivational! I anyone wants the recumbent routine, I can email it to you.
Working...
X