Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• emilyandlouise
    replied
    We are all so different, which is why it is so important to see a physical therapist with a sold knowledge of pelvic floor dysfunction.

I have tightness on one side of my pelvic floor and am doing hip strengthening exercises, as I have been told my pf may be compensating for weak hips. Which includes the leg presses. And I've been told that I can do anything except swimming and biking. Although I stay away from too much jumping and gyrating. So much for Zumba for a while.

Leave a comment:

• icgrrl
    replied
    The only machine I can use without pain is my rowing machine. I also do very light yoga to try and stay fit.

Leave a comment:

• sailawaygrl
    replied
    I was told to try and avoid anything that causes me to engage my pelvic muscles too much. Which is hard to do since almost everything does that. My physical therapist told me to never use the eliptical machine either. I like the eliptical and don't see that it causes me any problems, but I avoid it anyway.

Leave a comment:

• emilyandlouise
    replied
    Leg Presses

My physical therapist has included leg presses as part of my exercise regime for my pelvic floor. But, I would strongly recommend seeing a physical therapist who specializes in pelvic floor disorders before trying to figure it out on your own. You don't want to hurt yourself or make things worse. My program is tailored for my issues.

Leave a comment:

• kadi
    replied
    That's pretty much what I've found - carefully selected cardio*, arm exercises, and stretches are what work for me without flaring (or flaring too much!) from exercise.

*Walking, some elliptical trainers, some treadmills, rowing machines are the best for cardio for me.

Leave a comment:

• Reg1
    started a topic Leg presses at gym

Leg presses at gym

Are leg presses a bad idea if you have pfd? I think by just using the machine your pelvic area tightens up. I thought I was being smart by just avoiding abdominal machines. I get the feeling if you have pfd you have to stick to cardio machines and arm workouts. Anyone have any thoughts? I appreciate your feedback. Thanks
Working...
X