PMS headache/menstrual migraine

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

question

Well it's that time of the month, today I started my period and I am in so much pain. I just got digaonsed with IC at the end of July. I have been in tears all afternoon. Is this normal? Or does anyone else hurt more when they are on their period. I don't even know what to do, and I am not looking forward to work tomorrow if I feel like this.

Comment

Beverly, it's very common for IC to get worse around the time of your period. Wish I could help, but the only thing that helped me before IC was Midol, but it has caffeine in it so it's not good for IC. Hope you feel better soon!
      ~Ashley

Comment

I always feel bad around the time of my period and also during ovulation. It's terrible and I have yet to find a way to relieve the symptoms during that time. I want you to know you are definitely not alone.
        Frances

Diagnosed: 2011 - have had symptoms for over 20 years. Diagnoses so far: Overactive Bladder, then IC, and now Myofacial Pelvic Pain Syndrome.

Medicines: For IC am doing PT, and will be taking Gabapentin, Ativan, Tramadol and Ambien. Ice packs and drinking vanilla shakes help. Foods that cause a flare, tomatoes, yogurt, coffee, soda, all sports drinks, and most teas. Take Verapamil, Naproxen (as needed), Omeprazole, Frova (as needed) and receive Botox shots(every three months) for migraines. For allergies I use Claritin and Flonase. (Feel free to ask me any questions about meds.)

Other conditions: Migraines, allergies, mild IBS.

"If you believe, you will receive whatever you ask for in prayer." (Matthew 21:22)

Comment

You know, I did find something that works. I take continuous birth control...I don't take the placebo pills, ever, so I don't get periods. I haven't had once since December and only had spotting briefly. My doctor suggested it, so you could ask your doctor about that...
          ~Ashley

Comment

Working...
          X