X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pillowfight
    replied
    Re: constant need to pee during sex

I get this when I'm having a bad PFD week, and if the symptoms are all urgency IMHO I would say it's definitely the PFD doing it. Any kind of banging is going to cause the muscles by the bladder to spasm and freak out. If physical therapy is not in the cards, you might be able to head off trouble beforehand by doing some work with a Therawand (like 8 hours ahead), and downing some Toviaz maybe an hour or so before getting friendly. Maybe some Pyridium also if it's really bad. Those help me

Leave a comment:

• Danzaxx
    replied
    Re: constant need to pee during sex

I have the same thing. I have to stop multiple time during to go to the toilet. I find different positions help a bit and taking deep breaths and reasurring yourself "that you just went to the toilet you don't need to go again" I don't have sex often for this reason I know what to expect and its devestating but there's nothing I can do just make the most of it when you do get the chance.

Leave a comment:

• Trei6y1952
    replied
    Sabrina00,

I know the pain you are describing.

IC can be challenging, but it doesn't have to ruin the experience. Why not let it enhance it? Communication is key. Talk to him..After all, what is the worst that could happen? A great solution would be to use a waterproof pad. Good luck! :-0
    Last edited by Trei6y1952; 10-19-2011, 02:51 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Christinew1899
    replied
    Originally posted by DaniMSC View Post
    I'm curious about other people because I'm wondering if it can tell us anything about our pain. I have the sensation that my bladder is being poked too, but I don't know if that is really happening, or if its just PFD?
    Behind is probably my best position for pain-free. Missionary is eh... hit and miss, I've tried the spooning position and it killed my vulv.
    As for bladder pokes I don't know. It feels like it but with IC/vulv/PFD people like us, who can tell. It's just another fun step in our journeys.

Leave a comment:

• DaniMSC
    replied
    I pee before, during, and after sex. Other than that, very specific positions seemed to be the only way for me to enjoy it. THe two most comfortable for me were spooning and (sorry to be graphic, trying to help) me lying face up on top of him. Cowgirl was the most painful for me, with missionary less so, and then from behind slightly better than that. :-/ I'm curious about other people because I'm wondering if it can tell us anything about our pain. I have the sensation that my bladder is being poked too, but I don't know if that is really happening, or if its just PFD?

Leave a comment:

• Christinew1899
    replied
    Originally posted by Claire_A View Post
    Difficult because going shallow hurts my vv and deep hurts IC.
    @Christine, what is autoimune progesterone?
    Agree on the deep vs shallow
    and I'm allergic to the hormone women produce called progesterone. I think they may be the foundation of my IC. Fun fun. ha-ha

Leave a comment:

• Claire_A
    replied
    Me too

I get it also, following a flare though. Hubby makes sure I am turend on and doesn't go as deep. Difficult because going shallow hurts my vv and deep hurts IC. Poor guy.

@Christine, what is autoimune progesterone?

Thanks

Leave a comment:

• Christinew1899
    replied
    Originally posted by Sabrina00 View Post
    Whenever I have sex, I feel like I'm being poked in the bladder (sorry for the description; I honestly don't know how else to describe it) and I feel the constant need to pee because of it. I pee before I have sex and that doesn't seem to help. I have tried different positions during sex but I still feel like my bladder is being "poked". Its uncomfortable and distracting and almost makes sex not enjoyable. Sometimes, I just have to stop in the middle to use the bathroom I was diagnosed with PFD so I don't know if that is related. Also I do have issues with frequency. Does anyone else have this issue? If you do, how do you overcome it so that sex is enjoyable for you but still make it enjoyable for your partner.
    I know EXACTLY what you mean. I said the exact same thing about feeling like it's poking my bladder the other day. I also have PFD and wonder if it does have something to do with it. I get the frequency afterwards but it cures my burning
    I've also noticed the "poking bladder" feeling is usually following a menstrual cycle or a flair. (My hormones are out of their minds)
    It used to hurt really bad too but my hubby and I tried to do a lot of foreplay and "toys" just to stretch and keep the muscles from pushing (themselves or anything else) against my bladder.
    Hope this helps some!

Leave a comment:

• snowgirl
    replied
    have u tried the vaginal valium suppositories ? I read so many places here and on FB Ic gals use valum supp before sex and it helps them

Leave a comment:

• earthlady
    replied
    I've had this happen many times. I never knew what to do about it except get up and empty my bladder. Are you in pt for the PFD? It's possible it's related to that. You may want to check with your pelvic physical therapist or gyno. This has been happening way less frequently for me since I had pelvic floor therapy.

Leave a comment:

• Sabrina00
    started a topic constant need to pee during sex

constant need to pee during sex

Whenever I have sex, I feel like I'm being poked in the bladder (sorry for the description; I honestly don't know how else to describe it) and I feel the constant need to pee because of it. I pee before I have sex and that doesn't seem to help. I have tried different positions during sex but I still feel like my bladder is being "poked". Its uncomfortable and distracting and almost makes sex not enjoyable. Sometimes, I just have to stop in the middle to use the bathroom I was diagnosed with PFD so I don't know if that is related. Also I do have issues with frequency. Does anyone else have this issue? If you do, how do you overcome it so that sex is enjoyable for you but still make it enjoyable for your partner.

I don't know where the proper place to post this is so sorry if its in the wrong category.

Thanks

Sabrina
Working...
X