Periods :(

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Periods :(

I am in my 30s and never married and never had children. I was wondering if any of you ladies in your 30s have periods that are not normal. I have generally been every 28 days. It's strange. How many of you have periods that are so perfect each month that they will every 28 days? I did try acupuncture for the IC for 4 months, but I don't think acupuncture causes periods to be irregular. I know that certain anti depression/anti anxiety medications can make them irregular but I'm not on them. Could stress or overwhelming feelings cause it? I don't care if I never get married or never become a mom. That would be so much worse for me. I read about PCOS but I don't think I have it. I read the symptoms and no one on mom's or dad's family have had that issue. I freak out when 28 days pass. I got my period March 17th so that means April 14th I should have started, right? I don't want to take birth control pills. I rather not take any medications. At the acupuncture the doctor said that he can not only cure the IC but also my acid reflux. I take Nexium for the acid reflux, and I get no side effects from it. That's about the only oral medication I take. I'm not overweight or underweight. I'm 5'4, 128 pounds. I have yet to go to OBGYN. The last time I went to one the doctor gave me info on sex therapy, and I was highly upset over that. I don't want to have sex EVER! It may sound strange but I truly don't want to engage in that behavior. There is a Catholic OBYN near me that I can go to. Its just with this bladder issue having anything go down there would be painful. I did kept a chart from Sep 2010 and wrote down the dates of first period of each month. It's 28-30 days. I am on Day 31 today and nothing! Could ovarian cysts or cancers cause late periods??
    In memory of my beloved best friend in the whole world! Timmy (West Highland White Terrier)
    11/24/04-9/5/2011

God Bless,

Anna

Stress can definitely make a period late. I've also found that as I've gotten older, my periods are less regular than they used to be. I use the bc pill to reduce IC flares and reduce my PMS and cramps, not for birth control. I used to stop the pill once a month and 24 hours later, wham - I'd have a period. Now it's usually 4 days later that my period starts. This last month, I almost gave up on it after a week off-pill (did have the headache and cramps) and then the period started that night. My flow is also much lighter than it used to be, but my friends tell me their periods got heavier in their forties. My gynecologist just shrugs and says everyone is different and most women have changes of some sort in their forties.
    Kadi

-------------------------------------------------------------
    I am not a medical authority nor do I offer medical advice. In all cases, I strongly encourage you to discuss your medical treatment with your personal medical care provider. Only they can, and should, give medical recommendations to you.
    ------------------------------------------------------

New favorite quote: "God gives us only what we can handle. Apparently God thinks I'm a bad-ass" ~Author Unknown
    Source - Pinterest
    "

Current treatments:
    -IC diet
    -Elavil 50mg at night
    -Continuous use birth control pills (4-5 periods/year)
    -Heparin/Marcaine/Sodium Bicarb home instills at night 3-4x per week, more often if needed
    -Pyridium if needed,
    -Pain medicine at bedtime daily, as needed during the day several times per week
    -Antibiotic when doing an instillation to prevent UTI
    -Colace & SmartFiber to treat chronic constipation from meds, Fleet enema as needed
    -Dye Free Benadryl 50 mg at bedtime
    -"Your Pace Yoga: Relieving Pelvic Pain" dvd, walking, treadmill at gym
    -Managing stress= VERY important!
    -Fur therapy: Hugging the cat!

Comment

I think the latest I ever had it in the past was 33 days. I was on Effexor XR for almost a year for anxiety. That medication screwed up my periods. Either came late, was lighter, or didn't last as long. I'm not on any new medications. I always get stressed out when 28 days pass and nothing. Its really bad. I'm a total perfectionist and want to get periods every 28 days not one day late or one day early. Maybe I have OCD? If I don't get it every 28 days I get so depressed and I pray. Its as if I got a death sentence. It's really awful! I am only 33. I am too young to per menopuase. I'm not obese either. I take care of myself. I was 34 days in March. I was supposed to get March 11th, since I got it February 11th. But I got it March 17th. So I'm on day 32 and NOTHING. I'm so sad and want to cry but I'm holding back the tears. I was tempted to ask the female security guard downstairs if her periods are irregular. I know professional athletes, super models probably have irregiular periods due to playing sports and because super models are already thin enough. Do BC pills make periods more normal? I hate medications. I also have tiny fibroids but not sure where they rest. They don't bother me at all. When I get periods I don't roll over in pain. I take Aleve or Tylenol and the cramps go away. Fibroids are bad though. I was seriously thinking of getting rid of all my womens parts that way I don't have to worry about getting anything serious down there. The only OBYN place I will go for any womens issues is this Catholic pro life clinic. The staff are all Catholic church goers and the NP asked me last time I went if I asked Jesus for help. Prayers work.
      In memory of my beloved best friend in the whole world! Timmy (West Highland White Terrier)
      11/24/04-9/5/2011

God Bless,

Anna

Comment

I have never been married, no kids, 5' 4" and I used to be 128 pounds before all the wonderful meds but my period was just like clock work like yours. With getting older it was less and less on time and now that I am in pre-menopause I have no clue when it will be or how long it will even last or finally stop. (I'm 46 years old). I was told when you age things change in there so it no longer stays at so many days apart. One time in my early twenties I skipped a month and started thinking could I be pregnant even though I had't had sex? I know stupid huh but I thought how could it skip? Wasn't going to doctors back then but it came back (oh the thrill of it coming back ) and was normal days again. My period started when I was 11 years old and the cramping was awful and got worse with age. The very first day it started I soooooooooo wanted a hystercytomy done but didn't thinking I would have kids but never did. My gyno told me there is some kind of procedure they do ( I can't even begin to spell it) where they scrap the lining of the urterus. That way you never have another period but you also can't have a baby after that. I thought about it but then thought no. I've gone this long suffering every month and I think of myself as coming in the stretch of the Miserable Mother Nature race.
        Seems strange to hear someone say they never want sex too. I feel the same way now and have for the last few years but not sure if that is due to the IC partly but the thought to me now of it turns my stomach.

Comment

I can't be near pre menopause I'm not even close to 40 yet. But I don't want to have children nor get married. I did have a boyfriend and did wanted to marry him and have a family, but that was when I was young and naive. I was in my 20s then. I was thinking of seeing this Catholic OBGYN clinic and perhaps making a list of when I got my periods since Sep 2010. I double checked and sure enough they range from 27-30 days. Effexor XR really screwed up my cycle. I wonder if acupuncture causes periods to become irregular, whether doing it and then stopping. He put the needles around the ovaries and bladder area. Perhaps the needles screwed them up? I always get stressed out around my cycle too. Things at work are so busy and there are months that is much worse. But still my periods come 27-30 days. Its day 33 and nothing. I'm praying for God to please let me get something. When I see it down there I feel happy, young and healthy. What is going on? I'm too young for night sweats and hot flashes! Some of my relatives had children well into their 40s. I'm so sad. Please God please.
          11/24/04-9/5/2011

God Bless,

Anna

Comment

Try to relax. It's not unusual to have several days fluctuation in the menstrual cycle and still be completely normal. If you go more than a week, you may want to talk to your doctor.

Sending gentle hugs,
            Donna
            Stay safe

Elmiron Eye Disease Information Center - https://www.ic-network.com/elmiron-p...mation-center/
            Elmiron Eye Disease Fact Sheet (Downloadable) - https://www.ic-network.com/wp-conten...nFactSheet.pdf

Have you checked the ICN Shop?
            Click on ICN Shop at the top of this page. You'll find Bladder Builder and Bladder Rest, both of which we are finding have excellent results.

Patient Help: http://www.ic-network.com/patientlinks.html

Sub-types https://www.ic-network.com/five-pote...markably-well/

Diet list: https://www.ic-network.com/interstitial-cystitis-diet/

AUA Guidelines: https://www.ic-network.com/aua-guide...tial-cystitis/

I am not a medical authority nor do I offer medical advice. In all cases, I strongly encourage you to discuss your medical treatment with your personal medical care provider. Only they can, and should, give medical recommendations to you.
            [3MG]

Anyone who says something is foolproof hasn't met a determined fool

Comment

I cried so much when I got home yesterday. My West Highland White Terrier gave me kisses and rolled on his back so that I can rub his belly. I just want to be normal, happy and young. This is very very rare for me to be more than 30 days. I should have kept my calendar from 2010. But all I have is from September 2010 till end of 2011. I know skipped periods can only mean stress or pregnancy. Cancers don't run in my family. Someone had ovarian cysts but they go away on their own. It is so sad not knowing what is going on with me. I haven't gained or lost any weight. I haven't done any new sports either. Work has been more busy but it was busy in the past too and my periods were fine. When my grandpa died my period was on time. I have been praying and listening more to Christian music.
              11/24/04-9/5/2011

God Bless,

Anna

Comment

Please don't laugh at me....

There is a huge Catholic church near my office. I am going there around my lunch break to pray for however long I need to. Listening to tons of Christian music now.
                11/24/04-9/5/2011

God Bless,

Anna

Comment

At the acupuncture the doctor said that he can not only cure the IC but also my acid reflux

Please do not be fooled, there is NO CURE for IC. You may get remission, but it will never go away. Acid reflux can be tamed by acid reflux meds or surgery.

About your periods. I relly would not worry to much, seeing yo are not having sex and know you are not going to get pregnant. If you want regulated you may need to get on bitrh control pills. Prayers never hurt. Good luck. and keep us posted.
                  'The will of God will never take you where the Grace of God will not protect you.'

Comment

I thought acupuncture would help me. I have the worst of luck. I just want to cry but I'm at work. I can always close my door, but there is a tiny window on my door that people can see. At my other office I had more privacy. Good thing mom is working later tonight and its just me and Timmy (My West Highland White Terrier) I can cry and cry all I want to and Timmy won't judge me. Acupuncture made me feel good for a day or so. What a waste of money. $40, 2 times per week, for nearly 4 months. The acupuncture also told me to stop using antibiotics and to avoid any liquids after 7pm. But I can't help it! Sometimes my parents and I have dinner after 7pm. But I did stop acupuncture March 28th so I'm wondering if stopping it causes irregular periods.

I did go to St Matthews a HUGE Catholic church near my office in DC. I prayed but then there was some loud noise in the background that disturbed me! It should quiet and no noise in church! It annoyed me! I did at least ask my grandpa if he's ok up in heaven. I do talk to him still as if he's still here. I did ask Jesus and grandpa to please let me get my period. I wish I kept my dates of all my periods at least for a year. But Sep 2010 is the most oldest month I have. I am getting this lower back pain too. I am too young for this! All of this stress, anxiety and depression isn't making me happy and healthy. I wish I can turn back the clock and go back to 1988 when I was young, happy, and healthy. Well not really happy since I had to deal with bullies. But I still deal with them.

No more ghost stories or shows where they show murder victims. It's quite sad, depressing and makes me upset. No more The First 48, Disappeared, Solved, Cold Blood, I Almost Got Away With It, Ghost Hunters, Ghost Adventures, etc. I will now listen to Christian music while I work out in our basement. At least its comforting, and doesn't show any images of violence. Even shows like NCIS or CSI make me upset and sad, even though its all acting. Perhaps I should stick with cartoons and comedies. I Love Lucy is the best comedy show out there. I wish there were more like that. Lucille Ball was one amazing comedian. Comedies these days aren't like that. I definitely will see African Cats. It's G so it shouldn't be scary or sad.
                    11/24/04-9/5/2011

God Bless,

Anna

Comment

Anna,
                      I am sorry, I feel bad now that I told you that your acupuncture could not cure IC, man it would be great if it could I would be there in a minute. People use all sorts of this will work methods to make a profit. I have tried instills, I mixed 2 meds together and they did help for a while. My best help was a hysterectomy and and quitting smoking believe me I thought people were joking about the stop smoking it will help me thing. THANKS GIRLS!! There is the IC diet to try, Elmiron, Hydroxizine, stay away from citrus drinks and fruits, chocolate( I can tolerate in moderation) stay away from coffee and teas (I rink them, but I can handle it) I can't eat pork chops, oranges, and stuff like it due to flaring.
                      'The will of God will never take you where the Grace of God will not protect you.'

Comment

Tigger_gal

It's not your fault. I know there is no cure for IC or acid reflux. Just another medical person giving me false hope. I rather get a cure for my aspergers then I will be a different happier person. Day 34 and nothing. This is totally rare. I had an awful dream and I'm scared. WHAT is going on with my body?
                        11/24/04-9/5/2011

God Bless,

Anna

Comment

I talked to two of my college women friends.

Heather is 33 years old and very much overweight. She's 5'6 and at least 200 pounds. She has borderline personality disorder and is on medications for that amongst other things. If she stops these medications, she will more than likely end up in mental hospital. One time she was in one for a whole month! I wonder if her medications causes irregular periods. She told me sometimes she went 3 months without a period. She was around 140 pounds when I met her in 1998. When she became an RA at George Mason for a semester she lost so much weight that she was thinner than me. I wonder about really skinny young women and their periods. Or about actresses who have to lose or gain a lot of weight for a particular role. Renee Zelwegger for example had to gain a lot of weight for her role in Bridget Jones Diary. Would that make any womens cycle be irregular?

Fara just turned 30 in January. She's about my height and a little more heavier than me. She has skipped a month or so. She has raised testosterone levels according to blood tests and she tried Yaz. Not sure how long she was on them. She told me that she has hot flashes. WHAT???? This woman is only 30! Not 40! She is too young to be having hot flashes. Sometimes at night I too sweat in my sleep. Not this over pouring sweat like working out, but just a little hot. Maybe I'm having them too. I do know that Fara has a lot more hair around her belly button area compared to me. Maybe because I am half Korean and she's full white? I read about raised testosterone levels in women. More hair on upper lip, almost like a man! I have seen some women with so much hair on their upper lips. I don't have alot of arm hair I think compared to women who are completely white. Maybe because of my Korean genes. Fara's mom never had raised testosterone levels when she was young. So how come Fara has issues? How come Heather has issues? Should their mothers, grandmothers or aunts have them? I wonder if my aunt on dad's side or aunts on my mom's side have issues. Mom and grandma both said to me it's fine to skip a month or so since I'm in my 30s. But I have ALWAYS been regular for as long as I can remember It's as if I'm 33 in Feb then all of a sudden in March I aged 5 years! My grandma had my uncle when she was 40! I'm too young for skipping periods and so! This isn't normal for me at all. Perhaps I should get a blood test to see what is causing these issues. Thyroid? I don't need anti anxiety meds to make the periods more worse. I was on Effexor XR for a year and it made them light, didn't last as long and didn't come the normal 27-30 days.

I don't like BC pills. I rather do acupuncture than take some medications. But I rather take anti anxiety medications than do acupuncture. The needles for anxiety patients goes into your wrists and that is so painful. It hits a nerve! My arm was painful for days that I couldn't even turn a door knob! I don't do acupuncture anymore. If I fell like an UTI is coming, I take antibiotics and the pain goes away much quicker than acupuncture. I tried drinking corn silk tea to relieve the pain, but it doesn't approve.

God Bless,

Anna

Comment

Anna, I think it would be a very good idea to see your doctor to help alleviate your concerns.

Donn
                            Stay safe

Elmiron Eye Disease Information Center - https://www.ic-network.com/elmiron-p...mation-center/
                            Elmiron Eye Disease Fact Sheet (Downloadable) - https://www.ic-network.com/wp-conten...nFactSheet.pdf

Have you checked the ICN Shop?
                            Click on ICN Shop at the top of this page. You'll find Bladder Builder and Bladder Rest, both of which we are finding have excellent results.

Patient Help: http://www.ic-network.com/patientlinks.html

Sub-types https://www.ic-network.com/five-pote...markably-well/

Diet list: https://www.ic-network.com/interstitial-cystitis-diet/

AUA Guidelines: https://www.ic-network.com/aua-guide...tial-cystitis/

[3MG]

Anyone who says something is foolproof hasn't met a determined fool

Comment

I agree with Donna, a medical professional would be . I take zanax for my anxiety. I have a son with many problems. I adopted him and know the complete mental background, and the things he endured during and after pregnancy. One thing he has is Asperger's syndrome. Have you seen a neurologist?

Comment

Working...
                              X