Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Going off Nuvaring, and advice appreciated!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Going off Nuvaring, and advice appreciated!

So I have been on BC for a few years now and I HATE IT. I am super moody, tired, get headaches and have virtually no libido (obviously my boyfriend is NOT a fan). I have been off Nuvaring since Sunday and I notice an increase in my IC symptoms. I know that IC and hormones are related, but I was wondering if eventually, once my estrogen levels stablilize, my bladder will calm down. My IC has gotten a lot better in the past few months due to various treatments and I would hate for my month long flares to return...but I also really don't like the side effects from BC.

Any advice, experience, comments...would be GREATLY appreciated.

Lauren

When I came off the pill a few months ago my bladder flared like crazy. It seems to have calmed down now though although I have noticed I am way more diet sensitive this past month. I don't know if that is to do with coming off the pill or not.

Just to let you know you are not on your own with this one. I think once I get my period again things will settle down. *hopefully*
    TMJ Dysfunction 2009
    Vulvodynia and/or PFD 2010
    IC, based on symptoms alone 2010.
    PCOS March 2012

8 month remission following the birth of my beautiful daughter Imogen Rose 25/12/12....currently flaring and hoping to get remission back, life without IC was amazing!

Currently using: IC Diet...pain meds as needed
    Medications / treatment tried and discounted:
    Fluconazole 150mg 1 per week for 6 months (yeast)
    Endep 25mg - 4months
    Lyrica 75mg - 2 months - FLARE
    Oxytrol patch - I think this caused retention.
    Countless creams, lotions and potions.
    Cystoprotek - no change in symptoms
    PT - for 1 year
    Various herbs and supplements

Comment

So are you just using condoms? Sorry if that is TMI...I was just wondering if you have had negative reactions to them. Thanks so much for your response.

Comment

Yes

Yes. Non latex "skyn" condoms I thin they are made by ansell. They are fine with plenty of lube and don't smell horrible like the latex ones. Hubby says they feel better too

If I am sore then he just pulls out because the condom can irritate some if I am not properly lubricated. (I know naughty!!)
        TMJ Dysfunction 2009
        Vulvodynia and/or PFD 2010
        IC, based on symptoms alone 2010.
        PCOS March 2012

8 month remission following the birth of my beautiful daughter Imogen Rose 25/12/12....currently flaring and hoping to get remission back, life without IC was amazing!

Currently using: IC Diet...pain meds as needed
        Medications / treatment tried and discounted:
        Fluconazole 150mg 1 per week for 6 months (yeast)
        Endep 25mg - 4months
        Lyrica 75mg - 2 months - FLARE
        Oxytrol patch - I think this caused retention.
        Countless creams, lotions and potions.
        Cystoprotek - no change in symptoms
        PT - for 1 year
        Various herbs and supplements

Comment

Working...
        X