Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Best pants ever!

Hi everyone,

I had posted a question a while ago asking about clothing for the lower half of my body. I have what I guess is called "IC Belly"? It means that my abdomen is SO tender that I cannot take any pressure on it...that meant that all the pants and skirts I've owned were no longer wearable, not even sweatpants or PJs or leggings because of the elastic waist. I also recently got diagnosed with vulvodynia and that has made wearing clothes tough too because I didn't like anything squishing my area.

I just found a pair of lounge pants that are cute and have no elastic waist! It is held up by a tie string, and it is THE most comfortable pants I have ever worn. I even wear to pelvic floor PT sessions and it does not aggravate me.

I got it from Athleta and it is called the Organic Tool Around Pant. They have a sale now, so I am going to stock up.

Note: I do not work for Gap, I just had a lot of trouble find bottoms, and being 100 lbs and short, well that made finding clothes even tougher. Hopefully this info will be helpful for someone =)
    Last edited by ICNDonna; 12-22-2010, 03:23 AM. Reason: Removed link to sales site per IC Network guidelines.
    Current treatment:
    Elmiron 100mg 3x a day
    Hydroxyzine 75mg
    Lyrica 100mg 3x a day
    Pelvic Floor Physical Therapy started 12/10
    Ativan 1-2mg as needed

Bloging my thoughts at www.thispatientperspective.blogspot.com

Thank You!!!!

I have ic belly too and I've been wearing the same pj pants and boxers forever!! Those are cute and they look like real clothes!!! I'm getting some to0!! Do you know how they fit?I mean, I wear a sm, do the run big or just right? Thanks so much for this!! :woohoo:
    Katie-46 yr old female dx'd with IC after 15 years of symptoms off and on long term antibiotic use, GERD,IBS and now IC diet, gallbladder removed, endometrial ablation w/tubes tied
    Lexapro-20 mg
    Aciphex
    Ambien-as needed
    Percocet-7.5 up to 3 per day as needed
    Valium-10 mg x2 per day
    Phenergan-1 at night
    Prelief w/everything
    Now recovering from acute pancreatitis

Currents treatments that help somewhat:
    Heating pad
    Hot baths
    Ice
    Being VERY still while lying down with legs elevated

Comment

Update

I got a giftcard for Christmas and I used it to buy 3 pairs!! I can't wait til they get here! Then I won't have to wear my pj bottoms all day, hopefully!!!
      Katie-46 yr old female dx'd with IC after 15 years of symptoms off and on long term antibiotic use, GERD,IBS and now IC diet, gallbladder removed, endometrial ablation w/tubes tied
      Lexapro-20 mg
      Aciphex
      Ambien-as needed
      Valium-10 mg x2 per day
      Phenergan-1 at night
      Prelief w/everything

Heating pad
      Hot baths
      Ice

Comment

best pants

Hi,
        Those pants sound wonderful. I've been looking for pants with no elastic, forever!
        Would I look for those on the web under Athleta or under Gap? Do they sell them in brick and mortor stores and would you happen to know, size-wise how they run? I wear a woman's 16.
        Thanks so much,
        Laurie

Comment

If your buying online you just go to Gap or Old Navy and at the top of the page they have a section for Athelta. I don't know how they run in size but I just ordered the size I order from Gap or Old Navy.
          Don't know about brick and mortar stores.
          Lexapro-20 mg
          Aciphex
          Ambien-as needed
          Valium-10 mg x2 per day
          Phenergan-1 at night
          Prelief w/everything

Heating pad
          Hot baths
          Ice

Comment

pants

Thanks!

Comment

Hi everyone! Oops, I guess I wasn't supposed to post a link. It is on the Athleta website, which as another person posted, it is on the top of the page for Old Navy and Gap websites.

As for the size, I think it runs bigger than BR and Gap, and is closer to the sizing of Old Navy. They kind of loosen up with wear. But these pants also really shrink! I think they shrink about 1-2 inches after the first wash and dry, so that's important to keep in mind. According to the Athleta website, items purchased between now 1/31/11 can be returned for free; the return shipping fees are waived, so then you don't have to worry about buying multiple sizes to try out. And exchanges are free anytime.

They are also a bit thin, so it won't be very warm for those of you living in colder climates. And they are fitted in the rear and thighs, which I think is what keeps the pants from falling down since it has no elastic. It is by no means constricting on the rear and thighs though (for reference, I find thigh high socks/stockings to be suffocating!). I also don't think they are the best quality for the price I'm paying, so I hang dry them and hopefully their shelf life will be longer.

I think dealing with IC, PFD, endo, vulvodynia, etc is already a lot to deal with. Having to worry about clothing should not be something that is another issue to contend with. We should not have to buy men sweatpants, PJs, or boxers 3-5 sizes too big to avoid the elastic binding us, and then have to pull up our pants with every step we take. In the big scheme of things, worrying about appearance is silly, but for me, looking frumpy on top of feeling crappy does not help my emotional wellbeing. I also enjoy being able to have both my hands occupied and not worry about my pants falling down at the same time. Haha!

I really hope these pants are comfortable for you all, since I know our symptoms and needs can vary.
              Last edited by SFGirl; 12-22-2010, 09:47 AM.
              Current treatment:
              Elmiron 100mg 3x a day
              Hydroxyzine 75mg
              Lyrica 100mg 3x a day
              Pelvic Floor Physical Therapy started 12/10
              Ativan 1-2mg as needed

Bloging my thoughts at www.thispatientperspective.blogspot.com

Comment

Thanks for the post. I have tried on so many pairs of pants only to have them hurt. I have only one pair of pajama pants that I wear everywhere because they don't put pressure on my ic belly. I am looking forward to having something else to wear (even if it is only around the house). Thanks, again!
                Teresa

We are not HUMAN BEINGS going through a temporary SPIRITUAL EXPERIENCE. We are SPIRITUAL BEINGS going through a temporary HUMAN EXPERIENCE....so that we may become more SPIRITUAL.

Comment

Best pants ever!

Silly Question

BJ Jeans that u see on TV?

Do those really work?

Comment

Working...
                  X