question-I need help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• question-I need help

HELP!!!! I Can't stand along time (2hours or less) without feeling like things are going to fall out!!!!:hm
    I spoke with another IC buddy and she said her doctor told her to get nurses shoes. Is there anyone who has heard of these helping? If so, can you please give me a suggestion of what to buy.

Thanks,
    Ang

things are going to fall out?? that doesn't sound good. if better shoes would help my bladder, i need to invest in some fast!
    lucky to live in hawaii but having a hard time and have a lot of questions.

vesicare

detrol la
    pyridium

ditropan
    buspirone

?(new medications)
    chinese herbs: golden form with rehmannia

triggers: alcohol, coffee, soda, chocolate, citrus, sex, spicy food, soy, running/jumping, pms, birth control pills, stress, and lack of zzz.

Comment

It depends. I've noticed that generally, my bladder feels better with good quality shoes & Birkenstock arch supports (they were about $50 and can be transferred between most of my shoes). But, if I'm in a full blown flare, that doesn't stop my bladder from feeling like a bowling ball and yes, with every step it feels like it could fall out.
      Kadi

-------------------------------------------------------------
      I am not a medical authority nor do I offer medical advice. In all cases, I strongly encourage you to discuss your medical treatment with your personal medical care provider. Only they can, and should, give medical recommendations to you.
      ------------------------------------------------------

New favorite quote: "God gives us only what we can handle. Apparently God thinks I'm a bad-ass" ~Author Unknown
      Source - Pinterest
      "

Current treatments:
      -IC diet
      -Elavil 50mg at night
      -Continuous use birth control pills (4-5 periods/year)
      -Heparin/Marcaine/Sodium Bicarb home instills at night 3-4x per week, more often if needed
      -Pyridium if needed,
      -Pain medicine at bedtime daily, as needed during the day several times per week
      -Antibiotic when doing an instillation to prevent UTI
      -Colace & SmartFiber to treat chronic constipation from meds, Fleet enema as needed
      -Dye Free Benadryl 50 mg at bedtime
      -"Your Pace Yoga: Relieving Pelvic Pain" dvd, walking, treadmill at gym
      -Managing stress= VERY important!
      -Fur therapy: Hugging the cat!

Comment

That "falling out" sensation is a classic symptom of pelvic floor dysfunction. You need to call your obgyn and make an appointment for a pelvic floor assessment and please emphasize to them that you have this "falling out" sensation. It is a sign of weak muscles, perhaps leading to a prolapse.

Jill
        Would you like to talk with someone about your IC struggles? The ICN now offers personal coaching sessions that include myself, Julie Beyer RD on the diet and Dr. Heather Howard on Sexuality. http://www.icnsales.com/icn-personal-coaching/

Looking for books, magazines & reports on IC? Please visit the ICN Shop at: http://www.icnsales.com: Your ICN subscription & purchases in our shop support these message boards, chats and special events. BECOME AN ICN ANGEL TODAY!

Please remember that the information on the ICN is provided with the understanding that ICN, its founder, staff, volunteers, and participants are not engaged in rendering medical or professional medical services. We cannot and do not give medical advice. Only your personal physician can do this for you.

Comment

Thank you everyone for the tips!

Comment

My doc says that my bladder is typical for someone whos had 2 kids. I've never noticed a difference with shoes but I've never really tried to notice either. Interesting thought. I feel like mine is falling out sometimes too
            symptoms when in a flare:

I feel everything in my urethra but I know its really my bladder. Pressure, stinging, urgency,tingling feeling thats hard to describe.
            *I have a fibroid on my uterus near my bladder.

Medication
            100mg Amitripyline ( I have seriously gained almost 50lbs on this drug but I feel it works)
            Flexoril 10mg (doesn't work)
            Hydrocodone 5/325 PRN
            Cetalopram 40mg *severe anxiety over flare

Physical therapy hasnt really helped but I love her! I've learned so much! She states that my muscles around
            My urethra are very tight.

currently seeing a Gyn in my town and a Uro in Seattle (4 hrs away)

I have had lots of long term remissions. Currently been struggling with good & bad days since Jan 2012

find me on Facebook! Brandy Schildknecht Covington

Comment

I sure wish that was the answer for me! I've been a nurse for 17 of the 18 years I've had IC and have always worn the most comfortable nursing shoes I could find.
              Unfortunately, the sensation of a hot, heavy bladder is just something I've had to accept.
              I hope it helps you or that you are able to find an answer!
              (formerly DonnaRenee1)

Diagnoses: IC, fibromyalgia, inflammatory arthritis, connective tissue disease, reynaud's, APS, (the lupus anticoagulant, also known as "sticky blood syndrome")
              Meds: low molecular weight heparins, synthroid, methadone for pain, tizanidine, cymbalta, pyridium plus, urelle, phenergan for nausea, ambien, lisinopril, norvasc, plaqenuil for arthritis, and over the counter Prelief
              Treatments: DMSO, occasional hydrodistentions, hot baths, strategically placed heating pads and ice packs, TENS unit, and everything from pity parties to prayer.
              I have lots of support from my family. My husband and my parents are amazing! I have a wonderful daughter who also has IC, and she has given me 2 precious granddaughters. They are my heart and soul! Thank you God for my family!

Comment

Working...
              X