Underpants tip!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Underpants tip!

I was reading in The Better Bladder book that wearing your underwear inside out with the smooth side inside may help with irritation. Thought I would pass it along.

Thanks! I turned my underpants inside-out today!

Suzi

Comment

Hope it helps!

Comment

Underpants tip!

Cool Thanks

I'll Try That

Comment

Underpants tip

I have been doing that and it has been doing great

Great Great Tip

Comment

I swear sometimes the little things help the most!

Comment

I'll do ya one better

Ill do ya one better and say a fresh pantiliner sure is nice. Make sure to get the long ones with wings so you don't get caught up on the adhesive lol. I don't wear all the time, just when I need to, they can stop airflow somewhat depending on the design.

I have NEVER understood the advice for cotton underwear/crotch!! Just stupid!!

Cotton gets wet and stays wet and it chafes!
              Some of the worst UTIs I ever got were when i was wearing all cotton underwear and then exercising until I sweated. It took me years to learn to disregard that little gem of bad advice. In fact, thin nylon works best, wicks moisture right through and they are smooth. Just can't find them without the cotton crotch anymore.

I haven't had a real UTI since I switched to nylon and microfiber, and I used to get them all the time!!

I wonder if all those sweaty cotton underpants contributed to my IC??

Comment

Most ladies are irritated by nylon, meagain, but if that works for you, just cut the cotton crotch out of the nylon undies nowadays!
                Tierney
                Message me and add me http://facebook.com/tierneybrielle.

Diagnosed with IC at 12-years-old, but have had IC much longer, now 24-years-old - fibromyalgia (diasnosed 07/30/12) - CFS - migraines - diagnosed with myofascial pelvic pain syndrome in January of '12 - scoliosis since ~12-years-old & s/p spinal fusion (06/21/10) T10-L3 w/ metal implants & nerve damage - post laminectomy syndrome - lumbar spondylosis - mild dextroscoliosis now - menorrhagia and dysmenorrhea (both controlled) - IBS - chemical sensitivity - allergies - chronic nose bleeds - heartburn - rosacea - and that is just the relevant stuff

Do you have a question? Feel free to ask me anything; I am an open book!

I am not a medical authority; I do not offer medical advice. Talk to your doctor, and if you are not comfortable talking to your doctor, find another one. It is OK to advocate for yourself as well as not be satisfied with your doctor! You deserve the best medical care.

Comment

The only kind of underpants I can wear are those with cotton crotches. Nylon is a really bad irritant for me.

Donna
                  Stay safe

Elmiron Eye Disease Information Center - https://www.ic-network.com/elmiron-p...mation-center/
                  Elmiron Eye Disease Fact Sheet (Downloadable) - https://www.ic-network.com/wp-conten...nFactSheet.pdf

Have you checked the ICN Shop?
                  Click on ICN Shop at the top of this page. You'll find Bladder Builder and Bladder Rest, both of which we are finding have excellent results.

Patient Help: http://www.ic-network.com/patientlinks.html

Sub-types https://www.ic-network.com/five-pote...markably-well/

Diet list: https://www.ic-network.com/interstitial-cystitis-diet/

AUA Guidelines: https://www.ic-network.com/aua-guide...tial-cystitis/

I am not a medical authority nor do I offer medical advice. In all cases, I strongly encourage you to discuss your medical treatment with your personal medical care provider. Only they can, and should, give medical recommendations to you.
                  [3MG]

Anyone who says something is foolproof hasn't met a determined fool

Comment

You know, I never gave this much thought! I have always wore underwear with the cotton crotches (usually the cotton kind--I remember one of my best friends always said that I wore "granny panties" thats because she wore thong type (too much infor I guess).

Comment

OH! I thought of something. If you are irritated by undies made of a material other than cotton, but still want to wear your lacy or stretchy panties, use a 100% cotton pantyliner; this works for me, but it may not help those of us who have a sensitive bottom or vulvodynia around the anal area.
                      Tierney
                      Message me and add me http://facebook.com/tierneybrielle.

Diagnosed with IC at 12-years-old, but have had IC much longer, now 24-years-old - fibromyalgia (diasnosed 07/30/12) - CFS - migraines - diagnosed with myofascial pelvic pain syndrome in January of '12 - scoliosis since ~12-years-old & s/p spinal fusion (06/21/10) T10-L3 w/ metal implants & nerve damage - post laminectomy syndrome - lumbar spondylosis - mild dextroscoliosis now - menorrhagia and dysmenorrhea (both controlled) - IBS - chemical sensitivity - allergies - chronic nose bleeds - heartburn - rosacea - and that is just the relevant stuff

Do you have a question? Feel free to ask me anything; I am an open book!

I am not a medical authority; I do not offer medical advice. Talk to your doctor, and if you are not comfortable talking to your doctor, find another one. It is OK to advocate for yourself as well as not be satisfied with your doctor! You deserve the best medical care.

Comment

I had problems with constant yeast infections so I switched to all-cotton. I must say I miss my prettier nylon undies, but I don't miss the yeast infections!

Comment

I wear Macy's Jenny cotton string bikinis... love them and they are very sexy!!! Think about it!
                          Would you like to talk with someone about your IC struggles? The ICN now offers personal coaching sessions that include myself, Julie Beyer RD on the diet and Dr. Heather Howard on Sexuality. http://www.icnsales.com/icn-personal-coaching/

Looking for books, magazines & reports on IC? Please visit the ICN Shop at: http://www.icnsales.com: Your ICN subscription & purchases in our shop support these message boards, chats and special events. BECOME AN ICN ANGEL TODAY!

Please remember that the information on the ICN is provided with the understanding that ICN, its founder, staff, volunteers, and participants are not engaged in rendering medical or professional medical services. We cannot and do not give medical advice. Only your personal physician can do this for you.

Comment

Originally posted by tierney View Post
                            OH! I thought of something. If you are irritated by undies made of a material other than cotton, but still want to wear your lacy or stretchy panties, use a 100% cotton pantyliner; this works for me, but it may not help those of us who have a sensitive bottom or vulvodynia around the anal area.
                            Yeah I had this idea too and tried it. Did not breathe properly - yeast infection heaven.

I miss my old undies. I have boxes and boxes of beautiful lace underwear I can't wear anymore
                            TMJ Dysfunction 2009
                            Vulvodynia and/or PFD 2010
                            IC, based on symptoms alone 2010.
                            PCOS March 2012

8 month remission following the birth of my beautiful daughter Imogen Rose 25/12/12....currently flaring and hoping to get remission back, life without IC was amazing!

Currently using: IC Diet...pain meds as needed
                            Medications / treatment tried and discounted:
                            Fluconazole 150mg 1 per week for 6 months (yeast)
                            Endep 25mg - 4months
                            Lyrica 75mg - 2 months - FLARE
                            Oxytrol patch - I think this caused retention.
                            Countless creams, lotions and potions.
                            Cystoprotek - no change in symptoms
                            PT - for 1 year
                            Various herbs and supplements

Comment

I actually had my gyne tell me to stop wearing underwear. ( though when I go out I wear them, I do not feel right not wearing them when out), but at home I do not wear them. Best thing I ever did! Gyne said this is the best thing to do in terms of preventing yeast infections....

Originally posted by Claire_A View Post
                              Yeah I had this idea too and tried it. Did not breathe properly - yeast infection heaven.

I miss my old undies. I have boxes and boxes of beautiful lace underwear I can't wear anymore

Comment

Working...
                              X