Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Not Your Daughter's Jeans (NYDJ) -- very comfy for IC patients

Aloha ladies,
    I have found a brand of jeans that I can wear even if I have a slight flare or bloat. They are called "Not Your Daugher's Jeans" (NYDJ) and are available at Macy's. They are not cheap. However, they are made from sturdy fabrics, come in a variety of designs and colors, and are cut to conform to a woman's body. Best yet: NO MUFFIN Top!

I tried to figure out why my old, cheaper jeans did not fit that well. They are cut for somebody who has a perfectly flat belly. Trying on my cheaper jeans, I noticed that the front was pressing against my belly but there was extra space/fabric in the back waistline area, making the waistline area too large. This is especially noticeable when you sit down.

With the NYD jeans, there's no gapping/space of the waistline in the back; they conform to your waist and behind. The front of these jeans can accommodate a less-than-perfect abdomen or a slightly swollen IC belly.

It is best to get a higher natural waist style rather than low rise, and ones with lycra for extra stretch. The lower waist styles, while they do accommodate my swollen belly, hit me right at the lower abdomen area. If you're like me, you can't stand to have anything touching you in that area during an IC flare or if you're bloated.

I suggest you try on a pair on one of your flare days to see how they feel. They do go on sale, but only certain styles. Also, if you want to buy from Macys.com, I recommend you try on an actual pair at the store, note the style and model number before ordering online.

On my worse days, I wear high-waisted sweat pants, though.

Hope this helps!

I have had such a hard time with jeans. I will try and find these and try them. I had purchased a pair from Lands End. They were soft and stretchy but bulged out in the lower abdominal area too much. For now they are my go to for bad days when I have to leave the house. While at home I wear elastic waist pants and shorts. Thanks so much for this recommendation.

Comment

Working...
    X