No announcement yet.

I quit smoking

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

wwwwwwwoooohhhhhooooooo congrats congrats wish i could give up this nasty habit..
    kissing
    brat
    'The will of God will never take you where the Grace of God will not protect you.'

Comment

I ve quit smoking for almost 1.5 months (moderate smoker for 13 years). I quit on March 30th 2003. I just quit for no reason. Went cold turkey. Did not have any major withdrawl symptoms.

But the sad thing was symptoms of IC started after i quit smoking (not a confirmed IC sufferer yet). I dont know if it is just a coincidence. Or may be i had these symptoms for quiet sometime and tobacco was masking these symptoms. Once i quit the whole thing started showing. May be / May be not.

Any way my respiratory system seems to be in good form and function now
      I am not a confirmed IC patient, still on the way to be diagnosed. It is my assumption that i have IC based on the symptoms i have. It can be anything else more serious and life threatning too.

Comment

Way to go Cak! It's always nice to have another join us in this very difficult situation. I'm over 2 months now & still going strong. Who's stronger the ciagrettte or ME. MEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Kathi baby
        One Day At A Time
        Kathi

Comment

ok everyone, it's been a couple months, how are you all doing?????
          IC Angel: Proudly supporting the Children and the Elderly with IC.

E-Mail: [email protected]

http://www.myspace.com/lilmiss200595

Revelation 21:4
          "And he will wipe out every tear from their eyes, and death will be no more, neither will mourning nor outcry nor pain be anymore. The former things have passed away."

Comment

I'm still smoking but my husband has been smoke free for 8 months and if he lives another 8 it will be a miracle cussing cussing wink
            teri
            ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
            Courage does not always roar. Sometimes, it is the quiet voice at the end of the day saying, "I will try again tomorrow".

Comment

A couple of days ago when I was in our little community grocery store, there was a woman there with two little kids --- she was very carefully counting out her money to see if she could buy a whole gallon of milk --- or maybe just a quart --- then she walked up to the register and bought the gallon --- and then spent almost $5.00 on one package of cigarettes.

I am soooo thankful that I quit smoking. I couldn't begin to afford the expense, in addition to the health problems.

Congratulations to all you quitters!

Donna
              Stay safe

Elmiron Eye Disease Information Center - https://www.ic-network.com/elmiron-p...mation-center/
              Elmiron Eye Disease Fact Sheet (Downloadable) - https://www.ic-network.com/wp-conten...nFactSheet.pdf

Have you checked the ICN Shop?
              Click on ICN Shop at the top of this page. You'll find Bladder Builder and Bladder Rest, both of which we are finding have excellent results.

Patient Help: http://www.ic-network.com/patientlinks.html

Sub-types https://www.ic-network.com/five-pote...markably-well/

Diet list: https://www.ic-network.com/interstitial-cystitis-diet/

AUA Guidelines: https://www.ic-network.com/aua-guide...tial-cystitis/

I am not a medical authority nor do I offer medical advice. In all cases, I strongly encourage you to discuss your medical treatment with your personal medical care provider. Only they can, and should, give medical recommendations to you.
              [3MG]

Anyone who says something is foolproof hasn't met a determined fool

Comment

Congratulations everyone. I quit in August 2002. My husband, a 17 year 3 pack a day smoker came home on his birthday, July 23 and said he had quit that day. Cold turkey. I was so skeptical, I told him if he made it 2 weeks I would quit too. He did. I was so angry, I wasn't ready to quit. (not very supportive was I?) Anyway I quit cold turkey also and we almost killed each other the first week. I think the competition helped. I thought if he can I can, and he wanted to prove me wrong. But now I don't even miss them. Sometimes I smell other people smoking and think "Wow, that smells so bad." My husband still misses them a lot, but we saved so much money we are taking the kids to Disney World in July. That really makes it worth it. We were spending $70 a week literally up in smoke.

So I'm happy that we quit now, and hope all of you are still not smoking.

Comment

Good job JJ & hubby! I quit in March & still am smoke free. Hubby is down to 1/2 with filters & is getting ready to quit totally, he has to. That was why I quit, to give him the incentive. I really don't miss them, every now & then I think I might like one (stress) but I won't. I did take a drag of hubby's cig when we put the cat to sleep. I got so dizzzy & said "yuck". No more for me. Now if I could just lose the weight & urge to eat. Oh well. Kathi baby
                  One Day At A Time
                  Kathi

Comment

I just want to wish you all on congrats for stopping to smoke. You should be pretty proud of yourself and give yourself a pat on the back. I know thaty ou can do it. Hang in there.There's hope. one day at a time.
                    Hang in there , There is hope.
                    There is hope. Prayer works.

Love, Debbie

Comment

I'm not a smoker, but I lived with a dad who smoked two to three packs a day for over thirty years. He coughed ALL the time. Anyway, just before Christmas of 2002, he gave us all a big present and said,"I've quit smoking." Well, it's been over seven months now and he's still smoke-free! He notices the "smoke" smell now and ya know what? After just a couple weeks of being "clean," he had stopped coughing all together. Yay!!!!!! It makes me so happy to see how proud he is of his accomplishment!!!!!
                      Even though I haven't had to deal with quitting myself, I have seen what a struggle it can be and all of you deserve a big hand!!!!!! Good job!!!
                      grouphug
                      Alyson
                      -------------------------------
                      If you have time to worry, you have time to pray!

Comment

What a GREAT Christmas gift
                        My HB quit in Oct and hasn't picked up since and he's been living under 24/7 stress so I'm pretty darn proud of him. And, I sure miss that coughing and hacking he did every morning for an hour. Oh, he also missed his broncitis 3 times this winter.......sure with I had the guts~
                        teri
                        ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
                        Courage does not always roar. Sometimes, it is the quiet voice at the end of the day saying, "I will try again tomorrow".

Comment

Hello! Congratulations - I quit also two weeks ago, maybe we are Quit Day buddies (Aug 5.) BUT, I was symptom free of IC when I quit, and within a week started flaring. Is it the Nicorette? Anyone experienced that?
                          I became symptom free about six weeks ago after IC dieting for a year and getting off Neurontin. That's a whole different topic. My flare-up may not be related to smoking or not smoking but it is the worst I've ever had.
                          Congrats again!
                          "The more you read, the more you know!"

Comment

It could be the Nicorette. I went cold turkey in March & still am smoke-free, 5 months! I don't even think about them any more & hubby is still smoking. Just want to lose this weight *sigh* Not bad enought to go back to smoking like I did last time. HANG IN THERE!!! wink Kathi
                            One Day At A Time
                            Kathi

Comment

Working...
                            X