Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kathi
    replied
    It could be the Nicorette. I went cold turkey in March & still am smoke-free, 5 months! I don't even think about them any more & hubby is still smoking. Just want to lose this weight *sigh* Not bad enought to go back to smoking like I did last time. HANG IN THERE!!! wink Kathi

Leave a comment:

• SusieK
    replied
    Hello! Congratulations - I quit also two weeks ago, maybe we are Quit Day buddies (Aug 5.) BUT, I was symptom free of IC when I quit, and within a week started flaring. Is it the Nicorette? Anyone experienced that?
    I became symptom free about six weeks ago after IC dieting for a year and getting off Neurontin. That's a whole different topic. My flare-up may not be related to smoking or not smoking but it is the worst I've ever had.
    Congrats again!

Leave a comment:

• Teri
    replied
    What a GREAT Christmas gift
    My HB quit in Oct and hasn't picked up since and he's been living under 24/7 stress so I'm pretty darn proud of him. And, I sure miss that coughing and hacking he did every morning for an hour. Oh, he also missed his broncitis 3 times this winter.......sure with I had the guts~

Leave a comment:

• alyson
    replied
    I'm not a smoker, but I lived with a dad who smoked two to three packs a day for over thirty years. He coughed ALL the time. Anyway, just before Christmas of 2002, he gave us all a big present and said,"I've quit smoking." Well, it's been over seven months now and he's still smoke-free! He notices the "smoke" smell now and ya know what? After just a couple weeks of being "clean," he had stopped coughing all together. Yay!!!!!! It makes me so happy to see how proud he is of his accomplishment!!!!!
    Even though I haven't had to deal with quitting myself, I have seen what a struggle it can be and all of you deserve a big hand!!!!!! Good job!!!
    grouphug

Leave a comment:

• auntiedeb
    replied
    I just want to wish you all on congrats for stopping to smoke. You should be pretty proud of yourself and give yourself a pat on the back. I know thaty ou can do it. Hang in there.There's hope. one day at a time.

Leave a comment:

• Kathi
    replied
    Good job JJ & hubby! I quit in March & still am smoke free. Hubby is down to 1/2 with filters & is getting ready to quit totally, he has to. That was why I quit, to give him the incentive. I really don't miss them, every now & then I think I might like one (stress) but I won't. I did take a drag of hubby's cig when we put the cat to sleep. I got so dizzzy & said "yuck". No more for me. Now if I could just lose the weight & urge to eat. Oh well. Kathi baby

Leave a comment:

• jjmowen
    replied
    Congratulations everyone. I quit in August 2002. My husband, a 17 year 3 pack a day smoker came home on his birthday, July 23 and said he had quit that day. Cold turkey. I was so skeptical, I told him if he made it 2 weeks I would quit too. He did. I was so angry, I wasn't ready to quit. (not very supportive was I?) Anyway I quit cold turkey also and we almost killed each other the first week. I think the competition helped. I thought if he can I can, and he wanted to prove me wrong. But now I don't even miss them. Sometimes I smell other people smoking and think "Wow, that smells so bad." My husband still misses them a lot, but we saved so much money we are taking the kids to Disney World in July. That really makes it worth it. We were spending $70 a week literally up in smoke.

So I'm happy that we quit now, and hope all of you are still not smoking.

Leave a comment:

• ICNDonna
    replied
    A couple of days ago when I was in our little community grocery store, there was a woman there with two little kids --- she was very carefully counting out her money to see if she could buy a whole gallon of milk --- or maybe just a quart --- then she walked up to the register and bought the gallon --- and then spent almost $5.00 on one package of cigarettes.

I am soooo thankful that I quit smoking. I couldn't begin to afford the expense, in addition to the health problems.

Congratulations to all you quitters!

Donna

Leave a comment:

• Teri
    replied
    I'm still smoking but my husband has been smoke free for 8 months and if he lives another 8 it will be a miracle cussing cussing wink

Leave a comment:

• Kelli
    replied
    ok everyone, it's been a couple months, how are you all doing?????

Leave a comment:

• Kathi
    replied
    Way to go Cak! It's always nice to have another join us in this very difficult situation. I'm over 2 months now & still going strong. Who's stronger the ciagrettte or ME. MEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Kathi baby

Leave a comment:

• cak
    replied
    I ve quit smoking for almost 1.5 months (moderate smoker for 13 years). I quit on March 30th 2003. I just quit for no reason. Went cold turkey. Did not have any major withdrawl symptoms.

But the sad thing was symptoms of IC started after i quit smoking (not a confirmed IC sufferer yet). I dont know if it is just a coincidence. Or may be i had these symptoms for quiet sometime and tobacco was masking these symptoms. Once i quit the whole thing started showing. May be / May be not.

Any way my respiratory system seems to be in good form and function now

Leave a comment:

• tigger_gal
    replied
    wwwwwwwoooohhhhhooooooo congrats congrats wish i could give up this nasty habit..
    kissing
    brat

Leave a comment:

• Muggy
    replied
    Hello:

Gabrielle, Kathi, Jane...congrats on quiting! It is one of the hardest things to do but it will makes us feel so much better.

I have lost a friend to smoking cancer and know another who has no voice box, he speaks through a hole now.

One of the reasons I quit was for my cats,I don't want them to get get sick. Pets can get the same second hand smoke diseases as us.

Again, thank you for the support.

Hugs, grouphug kissing

Leave a comment:

• kat
    replied
    As a little more incentive not to have a cigarette, I want to tell you that a very dear friend of mine who smoked all his life had a chest cold this winter that lasted for a couple of months . Because he was also having incredible pain, they did a chest x-ray and found cancer which had already spread thru his body. Two weeks later (one month ago)he died. No opportunity for chemo or anything...it was just too late. We couldn't believe how fast it happened!

I think people think it can't happen to them. But I'm here to tell you it can.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X