A Friend

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A Friend

Just wanted to say that I met another girl with IC the other day! She actually happend to be WORKING WITH ME too! She just started last week! :) Also I know one other lady in my town who has confided in me a few times about some of her symptoms. I was able to give her links to the diet and help with some of her symptoms. It felt so good to help someone else :)

Even though I wish she didn't have it, I have to say that it is nice to be able to TALK to someone who knows! FACE TO FACE, which I never thought could happen.

She lives her life just like me, she works, she has a boyfriend, she is happy and she does very well!!! Proof that IC can be successfully lived with :D

Jenn
    28 yrs old,

I have little to no problems now with my bladder, unless I am very stressed out, I forget to take Elmiron for a few days, or I eat or drink something that I know is a trigger...(i.e) like eating a tomato or drinking tea.... Took a long time to get here, but it IS possible to feel good again I just want people who are new to know that IT CAN get better, and for every one person who is suffering, there are hundreds of others who feel GREAT because they have control of thier IC.

What Works: Tylenol 3's, Pyridium, Elmiron (Going on 4 years now!) HOT showers!!!

Medications/ Vitamins: Elmiron-100mg 4x's daily Tylenol 3's/Advil (flaring) Vitamin D, WILD salmon oil 4x gels in the morning, Women's ONE a DAY multivitamin (the gummy kind doesn't make me flare) and PROBIOTICS!

Me in my graduation gown!

A Friend

Yes Jenn you are right it is very nice to see someone face to face that has this , I was in a conference in 2005 I think here in San Diego and meet a few people with IC but there is nothing like having a friend face to face to talk to ? I am glad you have meet some ladies you guys can help each other now and place IC with a face!
    Blessings,
    Ruth

Comment

A friend

PS my mom and daughter want to go to Canada on a trip I have seen all of the Anne of Green Gable movies, so we are going to plan on that for next year? if everything goes well.
      Blessings,
      Ruth

Comment

At my last job, a coworker also had IC. I was sorry she had it too, but it was a relief to occasionally talk to someone who understood. And when we had treat days at work, we'd look at each other's plate and laugh. That helped keep it in perspective somehow.

I'd say meeting Ruth was one of the high points of the 2005 IC conference for me! To actually meet someone I'd posted with was really great:) To meet some of the doctors who care so much for us and are trying every day to find a cure was also enormously encouraging.

I love Canada! But you know that from my vacation post already:) I'm planning another trip to Quebec City next year and thinking maybe Nova Scotia after that! (Vancouver BC was a very IC-friendly vacation also - went with my mom a few years ago & we rented a hotel room with a kitchennette, saw the whole city on one of those hop-on/off buses! I really recommend it.)
        Kadi

-------------------------------------------------------------
        I am not a medical authority nor do I offer medical advice. In all cases, I strongly encourage you to discuss your medical treatment with your personal medical care provider. Only they can, and should, give medical recommendations to you.
        ------------------------------------------------------

New favorite quote: "God gives us only what we can handle. Apparently God thinks I'm a bad-ass" ~Author Unknown
        Source - Pinterest
        "

Current treatments:
        -IC diet
        -Elavil 50mg at night
        -Continuous use birth control pills (4-5 periods/year)
        -Heparin/Marcaine/Sodium Bicarb home instills at night 3-4x per week, more often if needed
        -Pyridium if needed,
        -Pain medicine at bedtime daily, as needed during the day several times per week
        -Antibiotic when doing an instillation to prevent UTI
        -Colace & SmartFiber to treat chronic constipation from meds, Fleet enema as needed
        -Dye Free Benadryl 50 mg at bedtime
        -"Your Pace Yoga: Relieving Pelvic Pain" dvd, walking, treadmill at gym
        -Managing stress= VERY important!
        -Fur therapy: Hugging the cat!

Comment

Friend

Oh Kadi that is so nice, thanks I felt the same way. You know I was thinking why don't we have a conference of our own so we can all meet each other? I mean who ever would want to attend? I know I would.
          Blessings,
          Ruth

Comment

Thats great Jenn!

I want a friend! :( xx
            TMJ Dysfunction 2009
            Vulvodynia and/or PFD 2010
            IC, based on symptoms alone 2010.
            PCOS March 2012

8 month remission following the birth of my beautiful daughter Imogen Rose 25/12/12....currently flaring and hoping to get remission back, life without IC was amazing!

Currently using: IC Diet...pain meds as needed
            Medications / treatment tried and discounted:
            Fluconazole 150mg 1 per week for 6 months (yeast)
            Endep 25mg - 4months
            Lyrica 75mg - 2 months - FLARE
            Oxytrol patch - I think this caused retention.
            Countless creams, lotions and potions.
            Cystoprotek - no change in symptoms
            PT - for 1 year
            Various herbs and supplements

Comment

Working...
            X