Friends opinion about my illness

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Friends opinion about my illness

So I am writing today because I am very upset with a friend. No one else understands so I thought I could find some people to talk to on here.

So the other day he text me wanting me to do something in the morning. I said it would have to be in the afternoon as I am very tired and need my sleep. I am in serious pain and on allot of morphine just to get through the day. Pain takes allot out of you so I need my rest. I am tired. So anyway he starts saying I should force my ass out of bed at 7 a.m. than I would be exhausted and be able to sleep. I have no problems sleeping I just need more rest than some people because my body is healing.

He says time to get into life, how is staying at home and sleeping away you're days helping you heal? He says I have to accept the fact I am sick and figure out a way to work. Also that I won't be anymore sick if I'm working. He said my tummy might hurt a little bit... It is not a little bit, I am in severe pain in my back and it pulsates through my whole body, its not my tummy. He never listens to me I have tried to explain to him my illness but instead of listening he just assumes. I can't work because I am in so much pain. I've tried in the past.

I have been doing things to help myself I do a cleansing bath everyday, take probiotics and a natural antibiotic, use oils, go for walks.

I don't understand why he would say these cruel things. Why is it any of his business, its my life not his. I don't think he is a good for me. He makes me sicker and gave me a panic attack. He says he is trying help but how is attacking me and telling me how to live my life gonna help me heal. Any amount of stress makes me sicker and he loves to stress me out. He is really good friends with my Mom so I am gonna still see him. I will be civil but he has no right to talk to me like that.

Thanks for reading. I would appreciate any advice.

Thank you,

Laura

You don't have to listen to this.

You know your body best.

Pain is exhausting and IC is exhausting, but it is the kind of thing unless people expirence it first hand they will never truely understand.

If this person is a signicicant other I would talk him to my Dr. and ask Dr. to explain it to him, but if this is just a friend, he is not being supportive, therefore not acting like a friend I would just ignore him.

You don't have to be rude, you just don't have to pick up the phone to listen or chose to spent time with this person. Maybe he feels he can get away with treating you like this because you are sick and he figures you can't defend yourself and feels like he has some sort of power over you.

He will only have power over you if you allow him too.

Sorry you are having to deal with this on top of everything else in life.

Hugs MG
    My are with you all. May you all find a way to peace and joy in your lives.

Comment

friends with opinions

Laura,

I completely agree with MG. Don't let someone else dictate how you take care of yourself. You know your body best and as MG said, people who are not sick, don't get it.

Perhaps your friend, if he is someone important to you, should read some of the posts on this forum. It can be a real eye opener. If, as MG said, he's just a friend, perhaps he's not the right person to be in your life at the moment.

Take care of yourself,

Hugs,
      Laurie

Comment

Working...
      X