Caregiver information

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Caregiver information

I rely on my fiance most of the time as my caregiver with all of my medical conditions, but the biggest being my IC. He is doing the best he can, but him and I were wondering where we could find information about things that may help caregivers for people with IC. He wants to try and find ways he can understand me and my pain better, deal with the emotional stress it can cause him, and really just any other information that would be beneficial for a caregiver to know about or that would help them care for their loved ones. If you could point us in the right direction, that would be amazing! Sometimes I forget how much my disease affects my fiance and he needs help getting through this as well! Any advice or information would be greatly appreciated by my fiance and I!

Please....any help would be great! I really am having a hard time finding information to help my fiance as my caregiver!

Comment

I've not read this, but I have another book by the same primary author & that book is helpful... So hopefully this one will be as well.
      http://www.amazon.com/Please-Understand-Interstitial-Cystitis-Partners/dp/097055902X/ref=as_li_wdgt_ex?&linkCode=waf&tag=interscystita-20
      Kadi

-------------------------------------------------------------
      I am not a medical authority nor do I offer medical advice. In all cases, I strongly encourage you to discuss your medical treatment with your personal medical care provider. Only they can, and should, give medical recommendations to you.
      ------------------------------------------------------

New favorite quote: "God gives us only what we can handle. Apparently God thinks I'm a bad-ass" ~Author Unknown
      Source - Pinterest
      "

Current treatments:
      -IC diet
      -Elavil 50mg at night
      -Continuous use birth control pills (4-5 periods/year)
      -Heparin/Marcaine/Sodium Bicarb home instills at night 3-4x per week, more often if needed
      -Pyridium if needed,
      -Pain medicine at bedtime daily, as needed during the day several times per week
      -Antibiotic when doing an instillation to prevent UTI
      -Colace & SmartFiber to treat chronic constipation from meds, Fleet enema as needed
      -Dye Free Benadryl 50 mg at bedtime
      -"Your Pace Yoga: Relieving Pelvic Pain" dvd, walking, treadmill at gym
      -Managing stress= VERY important!
      -Fur therapy: Hugging the cat!

Comment

Working...
      X