PLEASE HELP DOODLEBUG WITH HOMEWORK

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PLEASE HELP DOODLEBUG WITH HOMEWORK

My Daughter doodlebug is in tenth grade and was assigned the asignment from hell.. It is a College freshmen science Journal. He will not give the children the links but says he will provide them if needed... hello! they are. she asked and was told, late I dont have time.. so I called and asked for the teacher to phone me and ask myself.. no call back... so I called again... and left a message.. please give her the web links... nope didnt happen... ggggggggggggrrrrrrrrrrrr
    she has to find these things every day from 11/6 to 12/6.
    1)paleontology (dinosaurs, fossils, ect) where on earth will i find dino!!! lol
    2) astronomy
    3)geology (mining, exploration, volcanoes, earthquakes, minerals, landslides, ect)
    4)meterology (weather, hurricanes, tornadoes, ect)
    5)oceanography (el-nino tidal waves, icebergs, ect)
    6) evironmental geology (spills, contamination,wid fires, smog, acid rain. lead posioning, ozone layer, ect)
    this is not as easy as it appears
    any suggestions PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE
    hugs brat
    'The will of God will never take you where the Grace of God will not protect you.'

Hi Brat.

Can you be more specific about the information your daughter needs for this journal?

By doing a web search you can find links on the internet covering those topics.

Here's a link to help find recent earth science news articles:

http://www.inboxrobot.com/newsletter.php3?brief_id=8278

Just type the topic in the search box on that page.

Hope this helps a little.

Cricket
    "The beauty of the human mind over the body is that if you can't run, you can walk; if you can't walk, you can crawl; if you can't crawl - stay still and imagine getting there. ~ Johnnetta B. Cole ~"

Comment

I am an old science teacher so I'll do what I can to help here. Not sure if I understand the assignment correctly but believe it may be that Doodlebug needs to keep a daily journal of news reports for each of the areas you mentioned. Correct?

Some good links for daily science news:
      sciencenews.org
      usgs.gov (geology news-daily earthquake reports, volcanic activity, etc.)
      sciencedaily.com
      zdaily.com
      naturenews.com
      nationalgeographic.com (has a nice section on homework help including a news link)
      sciam.com (Scientific American)
      worldweather.com
      CNN.com (use the science & space link for news)

There are many other links. If you do a Google Search for science news or each specific topic followed by the word news you will find lots of resources.

Hope this helps!

Annie
      Annie

IC
      Ulcerative Colitis and IBS
      Pelvic Floor Dysfunction

Comment

thanks so very much yes she needs to keep a journal every day for these items. I will most diffently check out these sites tank you again
        love
        brat and doodlebug
        'The will of God will never take you where the Grace of God will not protect you.'

Comment

grouphug grouphug grouphug I don't understand this teacher. He or she should be more willing to help the studnets. That seems like a hard course to take. I will pray for you and your daugther. Hang in there Cindy. I love your hair by the way.
          Hang in there , There is hope.
          There is hope. Prayer works.

Love, Debbie

Comment

Grrrrrr...poor Doodlebug. I love that nickname by the way, it's cute.

Here's some good links to Astronomy:

http://dir.yahoo.com/Science/Astronomy/

For research on astronomy:

http://dir.yahoo.com/Science/Astronomy/Research/

For weather, you could try the weather channel's website:

www.weather.com

I'll give ya a hand later if you come online, so just buzz me.

Hugs and love,
            Jess
            Mommy to 2 crazy, wonderful kids and wife to the most amazing man in the world!

Comment

Thank you Thank you from the bottom of my heart I so appricate all your help...

Jess, shes had that nick name since she was born. She was called granma's and papa's doodlebug..

thanks auntie debbie, as a licensed cos and liscensed instructor, I should have know the meds would have messed up my hair lol, oh well I was colorful for fall

brat

Comment

Hi! I had posted here but it seemed to have disappeared. I just thought of another good website to go to for information. I used it for my college astronomy class a lot.

www.nasa.gov

I hope this helps!
                Cali

Comment

Working...
                X