No announcement yet.

Want to cry

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I did have a rather lenghty conversation with my hubby on the phone last night while he was in Wenachachee (outta town). I told him I couldn't handle the disaster of the house, and I couldn't handle being the household nazi anymore either. He actually had a great idea!! As we live with both hubby, myself, 13 year old daugher, 7 year old daughter, father in law and 22 year old brother in law (none of whom know how to pick upafter them selves except for me)...We've decided I'm going to buy a white board. Every morning, I'll make a list of jobs of what people need to do that day....me excluded. (Husband thinks I needs to be away from cleaners and from cleaning in general, he's just always assumed the good fairy would come along and do it.) When folks get their jobs completed, they erase it. I'm sure this will make me a popular woman in the ol' homestead, but at this point, I don't care. I'm sick of the house being disgusting. I'm sick of trying toget people to clean. I'm sick of getting either passive/aggressive attitiudes or flat out rude nasty attitudeds.

How do you all deal with this bull crap,

Tracey baby

Comment

Man Solfish I feel for you. You have it alot harder than me. I think the board is a good idea. I'd do it and really stick to your guns.
      The only person in my house that is a slob is my 14 year old stepson and now thats mainly confined to his room so I just shut the door and don't think about it. I hope you can feel better and whip your family in shape!! I know somedays you feel like this banghead cause I know I do!

Comment

Tracy~do you have more than one bathroom in your house The last fit I went into with my husband was when I literally had to pour buckets of water over the toilet to dilute it before I'd even touch it with gloves on. Now, he is only allowed to pee in his toilet, not the others. If it doesn't bother him to live that way, so be it. I don't like the mucky orange the spots turn after a couple of days and when I get my socks wet just cuz I needed to pee.....well, that tends to put me right over the edge.
        We have a cottage with 1 bathroom and mostly males in the family. Unless my husband wants to witness me standing on the top of the hill, screaming my guts out because I can't set on the toilet, he does a damn good job of keeping it clean......he doesn't want the neighbors to know what EVERYONE knows....... why, when they have that great big bowl to aim at with that not so great big object,can't they hit the friggin' hole!
        teri
        ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
        Courage does not always roar. Sometimes, it is the quiet voice at the end of the day saying, "I will try again tomorrow".

Comment

grouphug grouphug grouphug grouphug angel angel angel You all deserve hugs and special treatment. I am single but just reading your posts made me feel so much compassion for you all.
          Hang in there , There is hope.
          There is hope. Prayer works.

Love, Debbie

Comment

Just replied to another topic area too...just bummed out. I did try the white board. The 7 year old was very enthusiastic and was quite the drill sargeant about getting everyone else on board. The 13 year old is grumpy, threatening to quit cheerleading and everythng else fun in life because she has to occasionally dump the bathroom garbage can and wipe down the counters. She'll have no time inlife if "forced" to do these horrendous activities. (She is not completely spoiled, she's expected to do things around the house, she just doesn't like having stuff added to her list) I threatened to give her the toilet scrub down job but Idon't know if Icanlet that one go. I really like my toidy clean....( I can relate t o above posts) Of course the jobs my hubby was assigned are not complet ed. Grrrr....Oh well......

Thanks all....appreciate you all...Now I need a nap.

Comment

oh Teri, I loved the last line of your post, it was priceless, take care Iris wink
              Today and every day you are loved, so don't be anxious about tomorrow, God will take care of you tomorrow; Live one day at a time.

Comment

Working...
              X