Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Britgal
    replied
    oh Teri, I loved the last line of your post, it was priceless, take care Iris wink

Leave a comment:

• Solfish
    replied
    Just replied to another topic area too...just bummed out. I did try the white board. The 7 year old was very enthusiastic and was quite the drill sargeant about getting everyone else on board. The 13 year old is grumpy, threatening to quit cheerleading and everythng else fun in life because she has to occasionally dump the bathroom garbage can and wipe down the counters. She'll have no time inlife if "forced" to do these horrendous activities. (She is not completely spoiled, she's expected to do things around the house, she just doesn't like having stuff added to her list) I threatened to give her the toilet scrub down job but Idon't know if Icanlet that one go. I really like my toidy clean....( I can relate t o above posts) Of course the jobs my hubby was assigned are not complet ed. Grrrr....Oh well......

Thanks all....appreciate you all...Now I need a nap.

Leave a comment:

• auntiedeb
    replied
    grouphug grouphug grouphug grouphug angel angel angel You all deserve hugs and special treatment. I am single but just reading your posts made me feel so much compassion for you all.

Leave a comment:

• Teri
    replied
    Tracy~do you have more than one bathroom in your house The last fit I went into with my husband was when I literally had to pour buckets of water over the toilet to dilute it before I'd even touch it with gloves on. Now, he is only allowed to pee in his toilet, not the others. If it doesn't bother him to live that way, so be it. I don't like the mucky orange the spots turn after a couple of days and when I get my socks wet just cuz I needed to pee.....well, that tends to put me right over the edge.
    We have a cottage with 1 bathroom and mostly males in the family. Unless my husband wants to witness me standing on the top of the hill, screaming my guts out because I can't set on the toilet, he does a damn good job of keeping it clean......he doesn't want the neighbors to know what EVERYONE knows....... why, when they have that great big bowl to aim at with that not so great big object,can't they hit the friggin' hole!

Leave a comment:

• Rainbird
    replied
    Man Solfish I feel for you. You have it alot harder than me. I think the board is a good idea. I'd do it and really stick to your guns.
    The only person in my house that is a slob is my 14 year old stepson and now thats mainly confined to his room so I just shut the door and don't think about it. I hope you can feel better and whip your family in shape!! I know somedays you feel like this banghead cause I know I do!

Leave a comment:

• Solfish
    replied
    I did have a rather lenghty conversation with my hubby on the phone last night while he was in Wenachachee (outta town). I told him I couldn't handle the disaster of the house, and I couldn't handle being the household nazi anymore either. He actually had a great idea!! As we live with both hubby, myself, 13 year old daugher, 7 year old daughter, father in law and 22 year old brother in law (none of whom know how to pick upafter them selves except for me)...We've decided I'm going to buy a white board. Every morning, I'll make a list of jobs of what people need to do that day....me excluded. (Husband thinks I needs to be away from cleaners and from cleaning in general, he's just always assumed the good fairy would come along and do it.) When folks get their jobs completed, they erase it. I'm sure this will make me a popular woman in the ol' homestead, but at this point, I don't care. I'm sick of the house being disgusting. I'm sick of trying toget people to clean. I'm sick of getting either passive/aggressive attitiudes or flat out rude nasty attitudeds.

How do you all deal with this bull crap,

Tracey baby

Leave a comment:

• mayray518
    replied
    Hey Solfish, I love the response your co-worker gave to your boss. There are always going to be people out there who will say that. I wonder if he would have told a male employee the same thing I doubt it. Anyway, you can always give them the answer I do, the morphine one is good and also "Oh i wonder why there is a specific drug (elmiron) for IC alone if no such thing exists." And we must have bribed an awful lot of social security judges also.

Leave a comment:

• sandram333
    replied
    I know how u all feel! HUGGS to u all love Sandra! grouphug grouphug

Leave a comment:

• queenbeemig
    replied
    my husband has been very supportive of me and said some wonderful things like how he would never leave me because i was sick. I expressed my guilt to him about not being able to have sex that often anymore and how things might change from now on. He said it did not matter to him...there are other things we can do! I thought that was wonderful. It made me feel so loved and secure. Then i went into a 2-1/2 week remission and he swore this whole night mare was over! Wrong...i have the symptoms again. My husbands reply to me was "don't you think you are concentrating too much on your bladder and that is why you are getting symptoms" !!! DUH...if that were true than i would concentrate on how i DONT FEEL my bladder and then maybe this will go away! I can see where this is going. I'm only into this ordeal since August and he still thinks it is a UTI clearing up!!! Most days i do not even tell him how i feel anymore. I just deal with it. It's just the beginning, dear lord!

Leave a comment:

• Solfish
    replied
    I kinda get the feeling from people I know that they think I should be done now. "How much longer are you going to be sick?" "Isn't it just your bladder?"....."geez..how bad can it be?" One of the ladies I supervise told me that my boss asked her "how much was in my head?" . She, bless her heart, gave him an earful and asked him how many doctors did he know that would prescribe morphine for something that was "all in the head". I sure do get frustratred trying toexplain all this to my workers and my family. My extended family expect me to do stuff I can't do...(Host family meals, birthdays, etc....) especially when I look pretty good. Better, in fact, than I've looked in a long time.(I've lost 80 pounds)

Anyway....Nice to have folks who understand. Best wishes to you all.

Leave a comment:

• mayray518
    replied
    Don't want to rain on anyone's parade and I am sure there are supportive husbands out there, but I have always been very independent and could not have imagined dealing with a husband when my IC was horrendous, particularly if he wasn't supportive. I had to convince family and friends that I "really ill" and I was at my breaking point with that. Good luck to anyone going through that stage!!

Leave a comment:

• tigger_gal
    replied
    hi HATE TO SAY IT... but add me to the list of neglected wifes that there husbands are uncapable of compassion, understaniding, hell just emotionless men! ok guess i am a little down these days too..
    Brat

Leave a comment:

• Solfish
    replied
    Thanks to all. Feeling better today. Could be because my hubby is going away for 3 days, could be because I just feel a little better. I get to where the pain becomes so overwhelming I'm looking for support and my husband says the wrong thing. I think he has a gift for that. I can see the pain in the people in my family, and am running around trying to make them comformtable. Heck..I've been known to give my husband backrubs in t he middle of the night because he hurts so bad and is so miserable. I don't want everybody "poor babying" me. But, I'd appreciate a little TLC.

I just started physical therapy, Pelvic Floor Dysfunction therapy...what a trip. Anyway, Thanks again.

Leave a comment:

• Rainbird
    replied
    I can sure sympathize with all of you. If I didn't do anything around the house it wouldn't get done. If I don't feel good he'll say what is it today. No empathy, sympathy or caring. Once in agreat while he'll take the kids and let me have a couple of hours. Man if he doesn't feel good he wants the full treatment!! He is getting me new carpet and vinyl,But I say wheres the backrubs and the kind thoughtful deeds!!!! I hope things get better for you, maybe as others said look to your friends and family for some help if possible that is what I do. grouphug

Leave a comment:

• dancemomof2
    replied
    Tracy,
    grouphug I know exactly how you feel, I pretty much have the same complant with my house also. i hate to see things out of place,a nd get scolded for picking up whenI on't feel well, but yelled at when unexpected company comes, and the house is a mess. We wouldn't want to embarrass his family and friends and tell them the truth that wife has IC and hubby won't help. I am totally on your side. I know exactly how this feels.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X