I'm Engaged!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I'm Engaged!!

My boyfriend finally popped the question!!

Having him in my life makes me so happy. Just recently, I posted about feeling like damaged goods and worrying about the future. Alot of you responded and the posts really helped me. I've been working on making the most of the present and trying to not worry about the future.

We are not making any plans right now. We want to wait until after the holidays. But we will probably get married sometime August or Sept '04.

This is a dream come true for me!! After many failed relationships, I finally have a wonderful man!

Nicole

Congratulations!!!!!! That is soooo wonderful!!!!

(And your message will probably help others who are scared that they will never find a man who will love them, IC and all. )
    Kim

Diagnosed August 2001

Current IC meds: Elmiron (since 2001), Levaquin (one pill after intercourse to prevent UTIs), Effexor (for depression & anxiety)

Past IC meds: Amitriptyline (Elavil), Hydroxyzine (Vistaril), Detrol LA, Lexapro (for depression & anxiety, but also helped my IC) (They all helped, but I was able to discontinue them.)

I've been virtually symptom free and able to eat & drink whatever I'd like for about 8 years now.

“We who lived in concentration camps can remember the men who walked through the huts comforting others, giving away their last piece of bread. They may have been few in number, but they offer sufficient proof that everything can be taken from a man but one thing: the last of the human freedoms -- to choose one's attitude in any given set of circumstances, to choose one's own way.” ~ Viktor Frankl

“You cannot control what happens to you, but you can control your attitude toward what happens to you, and in that, you will be mastering change rather than allowing it to master you.” ~ Brian Tracy

Comment

Congratulations!!!! WOOHOO!!!! scream scream

grouphug grouphug kissing
      Mommy to 2 crazy, wonderful kids and wife to the most amazing man in the world!

Comment

Congrats to you
        Hang in there , There is hope.
        There is hope. Prayer works.

Love, Debbie

Comment

Congratulations! I remember your post about being 'damaged goods', obviously you are plenty more than that to him. YAY!

Comment

That is so great! And he is getting a real treasure.

Warm hugs,
            Donna
            Stay safe

Elmiron Eye Disease Information Center - https://www.ic-network.com/elmiron-p...mation-center/
            Elmiron Eye Disease Fact Sheet (Downloadable) - https://www.ic-network.com/wp-conten...nFactSheet.pdf

Have you checked the ICN Shop?
            Click on ICN Shop at the top of this page. You'll find Bladder Builder and Bladder Rest, both of which we are finding have excellent results.

Patient Help: http://www.ic-network.com/patientlinks.html

Sub-types https://www.ic-network.com/five-pote...markably-well/

Diet list: https://www.ic-network.com/interstitial-cystitis-diet/

AUA Guidelines: https://www.ic-network.com/aua-guide...tial-cystitis/

I am not a medical authority nor do I offer medical advice. In all cases, I strongly encourage you to discuss your medical treatment with your personal medical care provider. Only they can, and should, give medical recommendations to you.
            [3MG]

Anyone who says something is foolproof hasn't met a determined fool

Comment

how wonderful i hope ya'll both have a wonderful life together! i'm sure ya'll will.
              Medicine taken daily or as needed:
              1. Heaprin and Marcaine rescue installment 1 to 3x daily as needed.
              2. MS.Cotin 100mg 3x daily
              3. MSIR 30mg 1 or 2 every 4-6hrs as needed for breakthrew pain.
              4. Fentanyl 100 mg Change every 48hrs.
              5. Gentamicin 80mg install after each rescue treatment
              5 Leviquin 500mg self start as needed.
              6. Klonopin 1 or 2 daily as needed.
              7. Prosed/DS as 1 every 6hrs as needed.

I have IC, but IC doesn't have me anymore!

Comment

blink CONGRADULATIONS!!! blink

Im with Karen, you obviously are a lot more to him

And, Kim was right too. Your post has given me hope. Its possible!!

CONGRADULATIONS AGAIN!!!! kissing
                Rachel grouphug
                @[email protected]
                "Well the Secret O'Life is enjoying the passage of time." ~James Taylor

Comment

CONGRATUALTIONS!!!!!!!!!
                  grouphug
                  Faith, Hope, and Love,
                  Katrina

I believe God is using me. He uses me for God. Things I gain from all my suffering are meant to help others. I hope I can help you too. Email me or start a chat if you like my help or anything. I CARE!Illnesses: IC,IBS, IBD, GERD, PFD, Epilepsy, Endo, Allergies, RLM,Rapid heart beat, low blood pressure,Gastritis,Gall stones,Tendonitis,migraines, Shingles, Prolapsed pouch,ext. fatigue (current problem) I have seen periods of remission and I have seen them end and return. At this time remission is over and working on getting it back!

IC Volunteers are not medical authorities nor do we offer medical advice. In all cases, we strongly encourage you to discuss your medical treatment with your personal medical care provider. Only they can, and should, give medical recommendations to you.
                  or find me on facebook http://www.facebook.com/kat671?ref=profile
                  Be the Miracle! & Pay it Forward!

[email protected] please contact me...I am here to help!

Comment

Congratulations, what wonderful news, I know you will be having a great Thanksgiving and Christmas and what a wonderful event, your wedding next year. Best wishes to you both and a hug Iris
                    Today and every day you are loved, so don't be anxious about tomorrow, God will take care of you tomorrow; Live one day at a time.

Comment

Thanks so much everyone!!!

It is exciting and fun to be engaged. Your advice and comments to my "damaged goods" post was right on.

I know Ben sees me as Nicole, not IC Nicole or IC patient. I need to remember to look at myself the same way.

Thank you so much for your kind words...please put up with me when I am stressed about the wedding and flaring b/c that will probably happen.

But I am going to work very hard at managing my stress.

I love you guys!! Happy Thanksgiving!

Nicole grouphug

Comment

WWWWOOOHHHOOOO CONGRATS kissing grouphug
                        Brat
                        'The will of God will never take you where the Grace of God will not protect you.'

Comment

Okay Cinderella
                          You have found your prince. He knows ALL there is to know about YOU and he loves YOU, love him, enjoy him and let him love and enjoy you right back I am soooooooooooo happy for you blink blink blink blink
                          teri
                          ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
                          Courage does not always roar. Sometimes, it is the quiet voice at the end of the day saying, "I will try again tomorrow".

Comment

Congrats to you. Things like this are so special during the Holidays.

Comment

awwww Nicole that is WONDERFUL news.....CONGRATS hun. I don't know how you could ever think you were damaged goods. You are way too special to be damaged!! And obviously your FIANCEE feels the same way. I am so happy for you, I love to hear news like this, makes me feel all funny inside....lol

Congrats again,

Kelli grouphug
                              IC Angel: Proudly supporting the Children and the Elderly with IC.

E-Mail: [email protected]

http://www.myspace.com/lilmiss200595

Revelation 21:4
                              "And he will wipe out every tear from their eyes, and death will be no more, neither will mourning nor outcry nor pain be anymore. The former things have passed away."

Comment

Working...
                              X