A story about finding the good in whatever situation you find yourself

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A story about finding the good in whatever situation you find yourself

When I was little, my parents bought a set of World Book Encyclopedias. They came with a set of Childcraft books. The Childcraft books had a volume with Stories, Fairy Tales and Fables. I used to read them all the time when I was a kid. Ironically, my in-laws bought the EXACT same set and my husband read them too when he was a kid.

The other day, my in-laws gave us their Childcraft books to read to Collin. It was so cool to read him the same stories I remembered. But, there was one that I never had remembered hearing or reading before. But, it was beautiful! It is a story about a husband and wife and how she sees the good in every situation, even bad ones. It is a lovely story. Even if you dont have a young child to read it to, read it for yourself. You wont be disappointed! I put it in this section b/c I think it could help alot of marriages too. The story is only about 3 or 4 pages and iscalled "Gudbrand on the Hillside".

I found it online, here is the link: http://www.mainlesson.cxom/display.p...story=gudbrand

Amy, just thought I would let you know that the link you posted is not found. I don't know if I am doing something wrong or the link has been taken off or change.

It's funny about these children's books. I remember reading a book to my children, "Put me in the Zoo." A story about no matter how you look or how you are different from others you are special and that your life has a meaning.

Sending hugs, Trishann

Comment

Amy,

I also had the Childcraft books. I think they are still in my moms attic as a matter of fact. Thanks for reminding me of them I totally forgot they were up there. Hopefully I can find them and my kids, ok well 2 of the 3 will enjoy them. I just can't see my teenager giving them the time of day LOL. You have given me a reason to UGHHHHH tackle the attic for oldies but goodies.

Comment

I couldn't get the link to work either but I found it hope this one works

http://www.mainlesson.com/display.ph...story=gudbrand

Comment

Hey Leslie thanks, the site came up on this link. Hope you have a nice day.

Sending hugs, Trishann

Comment

Working...
          X