Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

An interesting weekend, maybe a better marriage?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• An interesting weekend, maybe a better marriage?

Hi everyone

I FOUND you all...hanging out down in the sex talk room, wondered where everyone was... just kidding....

I have had some very whiny and awful moments these past four years. I search and search and search, I can't find it because I don't know what IT is. It has made me a monster, but it has also put me in the position of stepping outside myself and watching myself just turn into a pitiful and lonely waif when I used to be very confident and self assured. I am still suffereing a huge loss of confidence (had a chat with my shrink about that last time..I guess it's normal) But I struggle with being the glue that holds my family together...I feel guilty when I am in severe pain and can't work, or my meds have me so spaced out I can't think straight. Slowly, we are learning laugh at the second part, but the first part keeps me stuck at anger.

My husband and I had a wonderful opportunity to go away for 3 whole days (and two whole nights) and hang out in Seattle, by ourselves. My birthday present. He got us a 4 star hotel room (Price line for less than half the cost..ha, ha, ha...he felt pretty studly) But it was nice. the first night we had dinner and it was wierd, almost first datish. We got back to the hotel and he flipped through the hotel channels and landed on the adult one. I was busy yapping in the bathroom. I came out...I really have never watched one of these because they looked so stupid. And my impression was correct. And so my laughter and cynical comments just didn't put either of us in the mood. (he just laughed and said "so much for that suggestion to help with the mood" It's not romance....It's just some stupid girls acting like they are turned on when they are not...geez..I made sure I pointed out all the little signs to show that blondie and pointy tit really weren't in the mood but were following the signs of someone off stage) So that stopped and we just talked about why we hadn't had sex in so long. He refused to believe that it had been 3 years. I told him when he hurt me last time it freaked him out. I saw the light bulb go on. So we spent alot of time discussing how I could accomodate and he could help... bottom line, we had a very good weekend. Nice thing it was fancy hotel room with service b/c we stayed put on Saturday (on Sunday went to Pike's place, for those of you familiar with Seattle) and I wanted to see the music experience but it was 40 bucks a person.

We also discussed probs with kids and my father in law, felt like we at least made some progess. Wnat can I say? NO anger of or frustration. just two adults talking. Nice.

well...my night night meds are nostpopping the yawns so i best sleep..take care yall. Oh, if it makes you feel any better, I have a yeast infecion.
    I.C. DX'd following my "second hysterectomy" (the remaining ovary, that kept bursting and bleeding 2 years after my hyster/right oompherectomy, was removed in 2003. I was a special ed teacher. I am now very lost, and feeling rather hopeless in my life.

Medications I CURRENTLY take:
    90 mgs Ms contin (45 mgs Am/PM)
    Percocet as needed
    Topomax 100mg day
    Ambien 10 mg bed
    desipramine 25 mgs

If people are good only because they fear punishment, and hope for reward, then we are a sorry lot indeed.
    Albert Einstein

FABULOUS!! That sounds like such a great weekend, wow. And it sounds very very productive - a great environment for meaningful talk to be sure!! And even if you didn't watch the adult stuff, lol, it was a help as it got the lines of communication open for you guys!! YAY!!!!

By the way, you sound like me - half the fun of us watching them is ripping them apart with the bad acting, bad boob jobs and really bad moaning, lmao!!!!

Gosh, don't you sometimes wish weekends like that could last forever? But maybe now you guys know how to capture that feeling wherever you may be....

HUGS!!!!!!
    Hugs,
    Tracey
    How do you eat an elephant? One bite at a time...

Harry arrived 2/23/09!

*IC Volunteers are not medical authorities nor do we offer medical advice. In all cases, we strongly encourage you to discuss your medical treatment with your personal medical care provider. Only they can, and should, give medical recommendations to you.

IC Diet Cheat Sheet:
    http://www.ic-network.com/diet/2009icdietlist.pdf

Dx's:
    IC dx'd Nov 2004
    Lymphocytic Colitis dx'd July 2005
    Possible IBS
    Current IC Meds
    Vistaril 25mg in the evening
    Previous IC Meds taken:
    Cystoprotek - 2 caps 2x's a day
    Elmiron, 100mg 3x's a day
    Ditropan, 5 mg 3x's a day
    Others:
    Wellbutrin 150mg 2x's a day for Anxiety/IBS
    Pepcid 40mg a day for GERD
    Zytrec for Nasal Allergies
    Align Probiotic daily for IBS

Comment

That is so nice to be able to reconnect... I am glad you all came up with other ideas about sex and romance.. I know exactly how you feel about being the glue of the family but now with IC I just feel like a runny mess..You know I have learned alot of good tip on WSH website It actually helped my relationship with my husband.. Sex is sex but making love can be soooo many differan and wonderful things.. Well glad you and hubby got that connection back..Good luck and God Bless...

Ronda
      Hugs
      Ronda

ONE Second, ONE Bite, ONE Breath, ONE Pill, ONE Minute, ONE Teardrop, ONE Hour, ONE Sip.. ONE DAY! I will Prevail from this disease! IC Hoping for a Cure!

Link to Patient Handbook:
      http://www.ic-network.com/handbook/

Diet Reference Sheet:
      http://www.ic-network.com/diet/icndi...tsheet0909.pdf

Meds For IC: Lyrica-25mg Glucosamine-500 MSM-500mg, Prosed Ds -When Flaring

Other Meds: Levlite- Continious Birtcontrol, Micardis-40mg for High Blood Pressure

Meds I have Tried:
      Topamax,Tofranil, Elmiron, Atarax, Cymbalta, Elavil, Enablex, Detral La, Prydium.
      Lexapro< Bad reaction to this med!
      Intstills, could not continue them due to some kind of reaction after 3rd instill. Tasted the lidocaine in my mouth, tongue and lips went numb then went into what seemed like a panic attack. Shaking, racing heart, tingling face/head, blood pressure shot up..

Dx With IC in Nov 2006 with Hydro/Cysto
      Hydro/Cysto Caused Bladder to Rupture.

Other Dxs-Vulvodynia,Fibro, Endo, IBS, HPV, Migraines, Spastic Colon, Mild Dysplasia.

ICN Volunteers are not medical authorities nor do we offer medical advice. In all cases, we strongly encourage you to discuss your medical treatment with your personal medical care provider. Only they can, and should, give medical recommendations to you.

Comment

Sounds like a wonderful weekend.

Comment

How wonderful. I am so happy for both of you. :woohoo:

Now...Come on over to "the other site" and tell us all the juicy stuff.
          Sharon

Shopping??? Did someone mention shopping? I'll get my hat... ;-)

Where I can be found most days.

Link to the ICN Patient Handbook:

Link to the IC Diet:
          http://www.ic-network.com/diet/

IC Volunteers are not medical authorities nor do we offer medical advice. In all cases, we strongly encourage you to discuss your medical treatment with your personal medical care provider. Only they can, and should, give medical recommendations to you.

Comment

Ha, ha..."le Amour" some secrets not to be revealed, eh... (except he's built like an elephant) How's that for a little tidbit....That 's the ouch part.
            I.C. DX'd following my "second hysterectomy" (the remaining ovary, that kept bursting and bleeding 2 years after my hyster/right oompherectomy, was removed in 2003. I was a special ed teacher. I am now very lost, and feeling rather hopeless in my life.

Percocet as needed
            Topomax 100mg day
            Ambien 10 mg bed
            desipramine 25 mgs

If people are good only because they fear punishment, and hope for reward, then we are a sorry lot indeed.
            Albert Einstein

Comment

WHAT...now you all get all lady like on me? Ok, ok....his maleness is excessive....IMHO! (I've seen a few malenesses....is that a word?)

Tell me if you think I'm being scammed...I'm trying to sell my diamond/emerald earring jackets. Mom gave them to me last year on my birthday, I will never have diamond studs and already have a magnificent set of Emerald and diamond earrings/necklace/Ring that I never wear for fear of losing. Anyway, I put the jackets on craigslist (also tried on e-bay but the bids were too low) So a guy says he'll take them, without inspecting them, (I included pics) as a GIFT FOR HIS SON...???? He wants to send a money order with an excess amount for shipping and contact his shipping company. I just sent back a sentence "why does your son want earring jackets?" if he comes back with a reasonable explanation, I'll offer to go through my own shipping. Apparently, these clowns do these counterfit Money orders to get stuff. You cash it, send the stuff (and use their "broker" to mail/ship it so they actually get some cash from the deal) and leave you with your ****** off bank...And you have to repay the bank. Nice, eh? I think I shall pass. Anyway...anyone want a nice pair of earring jackets? Go to Craig'slist on Portland Or under Jewelry posting for today...I'll even lower the price without dickering. Ha, ha...There have to be May babies out there. (They are very pretty, genuine and I'm only asking $120)

Anyway...I forgot to my morning meds today...it didn't hit me til I got home from therapy...I had a reallly difficult time driving home, I kept falling asleep. Pain started setting in and I opened my med chest and saw Weds AM meds were still in their box...I was 8 hours late...no wonder I was so out of it...and I am still out of it. Wow am I tired....I slept for four hours and still feel like my arms and legs are filled with cement. Hate when I forget. Not quite meself yet. (I take 120 mgs MS contin each AM and topamax...but it was the MS contin that did it...)

Anyway...have a good night...you guys are goofy..thanks for the smiles reading your comments. And I hope I didn't offend anyone...I was being silly.

Take care

Tracey

Percocet as needed
              Topomax 100mg day
              Ambien 10 mg bed
              desipramine 25 mgs

Albert Einstein

Comment

LOL, I don't think you have to worry about offending anyone, as Sharon was voted in to be the one to ask for the juicy details...hee hee hee
                Hugs,
                Tracey

Harry arrived 2/23/09!

*IC Volunteers are not medical authorities nor do we offer medical advice. In all cases, we strongly encourage you to discuss your medical treatment with your personal medical care provider. Only they can, and should, give medical recommendations to you.

IC Diet Cheat Sheet:

Dx's:
                IC dx'd Nov 2004
                Possible IBS
                Current IC Meds
                Previous IC Meds taken:
                Others:

Comment

Traceann

Ok..I just read the "how do you eat an Elephant?...One bite at a time"....I think my mind is in le gutter.(go to my post re: some things should be secret)
                  Last edited by MakinIT; 05-16-2007, 03:05 PM. Reason: additional wording

Percocet as needed
                  Topomax 100mg day
                  Ambien 10 mg bed
                  desipramine 25 mgs

Albert Einstein

Comment

Offended...No. Impressed...Yes. Happy for you...Indeed!!!!!!!!!!!!
                    Sharon

Link to the IC Diet:

IC Volunteers are not medical authorities nor do we offer medical advice. In all cases, we strongly encourage you to discuss your medical treatment with your personal medical care provider. Only they can, and should, give medical recommendations to you.

Comment

Ok Tracey, that got me laughing! I see your mind works like mine and Sharon's lol!!! Ah what good is anything if we can't have fun, eh??
                      Hugs,
                      Tracey

Harry arrived 2/23/09!

IC Diet Cheat Sheet:

Dx's:
                      IC dx'd Nov 2004
                      Possible IBS
                      Current IC Meds
                      Previous IC Meds taken:
                      Others:

Comment

"Girls just wanna have fun"...
                        Sharon

Link to the IC Diet:

Comment

Have any of you seen the Bull Elephant "Packy" at the Washington Park Zoo? (in Portland) He's a year older than I am....that's why the visual got a little scary...I've seen the "elephant" in his glory (he has like 12 offspring) ....Yipes. speaking of offspring...off to get my own...I hope she actually wore the sunscreen I packed for her...The annual safety patrol picnic they've had since I was in safety patrol (the local permanant amusement park..ha,ha....It is kinda corney) Anyway, I'm she sure's burnt so it is off to whining I go...

Tracey

Percocet as needed
                          Topomax 100mg day
                          Ambien 10 mg bed
                          desipramine 25 mgs

Albert Einstein

Comment

LOL, can't say I have seen him - sounds a bit frightening, glad I am not a girl elephant!!! LMAO!!!!
                            Hugs,
                            Tracey

Harry arrived 2/23/09!

IC Diet Cheat Sheet:

Dx's:
                            IC dx'd Nov 2004
                            Possible IBS
                            Current IC Meds
                            Previous IC Meds taken:
                            Others:

Comment

Well, they seem to like him. I don't care how studly of a male elephant you are....a female of, what, a thousand pounds (I don't know) who "is not in the mood" just ain't gonna cooperate. But, we aren't privy to the love life, only the internal waste removal systems. WHOA nellie. Makes a Stallion look like a baby boy when he pees ha, ha...What a wierd subject...how did we get here?

Percocet as needed
                              Topomax 100mg day
                              Ambien 10 mg bed
                              desipramine 25 mgs

Albert Einstein

Comment

Working...
                              X