No announcement yet.

The "D" word

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sounds like you are going thru a rough patch. I just wanted to send you a hug.
    Meds: Percocet PRN; Pyridium PRN. First symptoms Dec 2005. Diagnosed in March 2006.

I am the proud mom of a two year old boy! I was lucky enough to be in remission my entire pregnancy. If you have any questions regarding my pregancy, delivery, breastfeeding, or pumping, feel free to contact me!

Im on Facebook! Just tell me you are from the ICN. Look me up under Kim Wayne.

I love working as a CNA in a nursing home. Started school in August part time. Going for my LPN!!!!

Comment

It's really terrible that your husband won't back you up with the kids....and him convincing them that your moods are because of your meds is reprehensible!!!!!!! One thing my ex and I have ALWAYS done is back the other up when it comes to discipline. What kind of message does that send to your children?? You're not worthy of their respect because you are sick and have to take meds to cater to THEIR needs?!?!?!? What you say doesn't matter because no matter what Daddy will give in and give them what they want? Does he not realize what kind of selfish adults he is raising? Its REALLY not in their best interest to give them everything they want, especially when they don't do what's expected of them around the house....and treating you so badly...well, I don't know. I don't hit my kids, I never have, but if my daughter ever talked to me the way yours does she might just get a smack or two. I don't think I could handle it.

I'm pmsing today, and this thread hit me really hard. It angers me so much when a spouse doesn't support the other.....I'm just so sorry you're going through all of this with nobody to turn to for help. I know you must feel humiliated and embarassed by the hateful things he does to you, like moving away from you on the couch.

Whatever decision you pick, know that we're all here to support you, and never forget that you deserve respect, from EVERYONE in your family.

Hugs, Sandy
      *IC-- Summer 2004; PFD--October 2005
      *Fibro--Fall 2000; CFS-- Fall 2000
      *MPS--Fall 2000; Crohn's disease-- 1997*IBS,GERD, *Migraines, hypothyroidism, GYN problems *Degenerative Disc Disease/scoliosis

Total Abdominal Hysterectomy--adenomyosis--9\08

04/17/09 Crohn's disease almost killed me with a combo of extreme constipation from pain medications. My bowel ruptured, I almost died from peritonitis and spent several days in the ICU then more in a private room on the floor. If you have any questions about severe constipation from pain meds please don't hesitate to send me a message.

Comment

I'm glad you're seeing a professional counselor. Hopefully that will help you to work your way into a better way of living.

Warm hugs,
        Donna
        Stay safe

Elmiron Eye Disease Information Center - https://www.ic-network.com/elmiron-p...mation-center/
        Elmiron Eye Disease Fact Sheet (Downloadable) - https://www.ic-network.com/wp-conten...nFactSheet.pdf

Have you checked the ICN Shop?
        Click on ICN Shop at the top of this page. You'll find Bladder Builder and Bladder Rest, both of which we are finding have excellent results.

Patient Help: http://www.ic-network.com/patientlinks.html

Sub-types https://www.ic-network.com/five-pote...markably-well/

Diet list: https://www.ic-network.com/interstitial-cystitis-diet/

AUA Guidelines: https://www.ic-network.com/aua-guide...tial-cystitis/

I am not a medical authority nor do I offer medical advice. In all cases, I strongly encourage you to discuss your medical treatment with your personal medical care provider. Only they can, and should, give medical recommendations to you.
        [3MG]

Anyone who says something is foolproof hasn't met a determined fool

Comment

Thanks

Sorry I haven't read the past few posts...it hasn't shown up on my user CP as new messages..Well things around here have been nutz. I sent him a couple very confused and frustrated emails that, in sum, said..***? and that I was tired of being played the fool...Of course, I get the "timing is great" lecture but when isn't it? But I told him I loved him, (for some unknown damn reason) BUT I also know I'm very, very sensitive to his BS because my upbring sucked however thus is like msny people...too hard to blame but the endresult is I'm always trying to please...please my kids, please my parents (all my life) my friends, and my husband. Problem with my husband...I can't figure out what he needs. I mean...sure..when he's an ass, leave him alone. But I can't do that for two weeks, especially when he's so friendly to everybody ****ing else...so what a person to think?

Anyway...No mention of the anniversary....My eldest and I had a very long talk about our family, she got emotional and I sent her an email that said, to the effect..."every familiy has skeletons..usually in the closet, but our skeletons prefer to dance in the middle of the room because we are all so emotional." I told her we were a loving family, we a loved each other on a personal basis but have difficulty functioning as a group. Her dad told her he had a surprise for her on Saturday, and now he's taking me as well...Some sortof a surprise.

I'm not buying it. I'm still annoyed.He did telll his brother to stay home tonight.

On the positive note, other than peeing every 20 seconds, I'm not hurting as bad.

OH...I got F.I.L. to take a shower. I told Him he couldn't go to the store until he took one. Works for me. I told him he has to shower at least twice a week.

T
          I.C. DX'd following my "second hysterectomy" (the remaining ovary, that kept bursting and bleeding 2 years after my hyster/right oompherectomy, was removed in 2003. I was a special ed teacher. I am now very lost, and feeling rather hopeless in my life.

Medications I CURRENTLY take:
          90 mgs Ms contin (45 mgs Am/PM)
          Percocet as needed
          Topomax 100mg day
          Ambien 10 mg bed
          desipramine 25 mgs

If people are good only because they fear punishment, and hope for reward, then we are a sorry lot indeed.
          Albert Einstein

Comment

Keep plugging along

Well...on Saturday my husband took a 1/2 day from his overwhelming schedule to take me and the older daughter to see the traveling version of Stomp. (I'm fine with the older daughter going, she's 17...knows there are issues and needs to see us happy or at least trying) So we went and Roger made a point of holding my hand and walking slow for me (for 20 years I've always had to jog to keep up with him....I can't jog anymore) The show was fun, then the three of us went to dinner. The show started an hour later than he thought, so I didn't have my pm meds, I was in pain and irritable after the show and somewhat snippy and I could see him tense up so I apologized and just explained I was hurting and needed to take some meds that I had in my purse (lie...he would have ended the evening and taken us home if he knew I had no pain medication) So we went to an offbeat Mexican food place and he and I share a very good shark? steak with steamed and spiced squashes and rice, daughter got a typical mexi meal. I only had about 2 bites, that's why we shared because we've learned from the past it matters not how hungry I am, I stillcan't eat.(Yet, I've gained 25 pounds in the last 3 years couldn't be the Ben and Jerry's phish food, eh?) seriously, I don't eat, but yet..I get fat.
            I was holding the car seat to absorb the bumps on the trip home and raced for my meds, took a dose of oxy to start the relief faster...about an hour after this, my eldest daughter has her good friend over and she asks me to come into her room. Well...her friend I've known since she was 12...I also know her friend was abused by her dad. her friend is having problems with male relationships. to make a long story short, she did something she shouldn't have and she needed the 72 hour pill. She looks like she's 15 but is about 4 months from 18 and have to be 18 to get it. Plus she had no money. The only 24 hour pharmacy was thankfully 3 blocks from our home. I have never driven under those conditions and will never, ever, ever again. I felt normal until I backed out and started to drive. Of course neither girl even had a LEARNERS PERMIT!!!!! Mine is lazy and is worried she will have to take her little sister places if she has a license. Chance are, my daughter's friend wasn't in any danger b/c her period had just ended, but...Geez...why do these men do these things to their daughters? she is constantly searching for male approval....kinda like me...my dad constantly berated and treated me like crap, so what do I do...I marry someone like my dad...why do so many of us do it? I know there are women out there smart enough not to but how does this happen....? I didn't know whether to take Jessi and hold her the other night or knock some sense into her.I wound up doing the first but telling her the second.

Anyway...I gotta nap...miss you all...I have been busy, oddly enough.

Tracey
            I.C. DX'd following my "second hysterectomy" (the remaining ovary, that kept bursting and bleeding 2 years after my hyster/right oompherectomy, was removed in 2003. I was a special ed teacher. I am now very lost, and feeling rather hopeless in my life.

Percocet as needed
            Topomax 100mg day
            Ambien 10 mg bed
            desipramine 25 mgs

If people are good only because they fear punishment, and hope for reward, then we are a sorry lot indeed.
            Albert Einstein

Comment

OK. My turn to knock some sense into you. Don't go anywhere without taking your pain meds. What if your car broke down or someone ended up in the hospital. You would have withdrawl symptoms if you went too long. Carry them with you where ever you go.

Hope things get better.

Ginny

Comment

I usually do but if I take them, I'm not driving any time soon. : ) I hate withdrawals...I've had 'em.

Percocet as needed
                Topomax 100mg day
                Ambien 10 mg bed
                desipramine 25 mgs

Albert Einstein

Comment

Working...
                X