birthday gift for my boyfriend??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• birthday gift for my boyfriend??

My boyfriend Jamen is turning 24 on December 5th. I have no clue as to what to get him. He's so picky. I asked him and he said nothing. He's really into cars, hunting, & football. I've gotten him everything he ever needed for hunting. As for car parts, they're so expensive I cant afford the stuff he wants!! I was thinking of maybe getting him a gift card to a spa to get a real massage. Because he always complains he wants a back rub bc it hurts. He hates lotion or oils put on him so how is he going to let some women give him a massage without that stuff?? Plus i dont know if he'd actually go there by himself. iyiyiy anybody got any clues?? Oh yea and he doesn't wear jewlery!!! Is he difficult or what?!
    Last edited by ICNDonna; 11-19-2007, 12:04 PM.
    ***Rachel***

Dance like no one is watching
    Love like you've never been hurt
    Live today like it's your last

Dxd with IC in June '06

Does he like music? How about a good CD or maybe a good movie? It is hard to buy for men sometimes. What about clothes or maybe take him out to a real nice dinner. Whatever you decide I am sure he will enjoy it because it is a gift from you
    Miss Bessie

Galatians 6:2 - Carry each other's burdens, and in this way you will fulfill the law of Christ.

Hebrews 13:2 - Do not forget to entertain strangers, for by doing so some people have entertained angels without knowing it.

Proverbs 4:23 - Above all else, guard your heart, for it is the wellspring of life

Comment

You might get him a gift certificate to his favorite car parts place --- or even a pre-paid visa with an amount you can afford. You could then wrap a box of his favorite candy along with the gift certificate.

Donna
      Stay safe

Elmiron Eye Disease Information Center - https://www.ic-network.com/elmiron-p...mation-center/
      Elmiron Eye Disease Fact Sheet (Downloadable) - https://www.ic-network.com/wp-conten...nFactSheet.pdf

Have you checked the ICN Shop?
      Click on ICN Shop at the top of this page. You'll find Bladder Builder and Bladder Rest, both of which we are finding have excellent results.

Patient Help: http://www.ic-network.com/patientlinks.html

Sub-types https://www.ic-network.com/five-pote...markably-well/

Diet list: https://www.ic-network.com/interstitial-cystitis-diet/

AUA Guidelines: https://www.ic-network.com/aua-guide...tial-cystitis/

I am not a medical authority nor do I offer medical advice. In all cases, I strongly encourage you to discuss your medical treatment with your personal medical care provider. Only they can, and should, give medical recommendations to you.
      [3MG]

Anyone who says something is foolproof hasn't met a determined fool

Comment

I like Donna's idea. My husband is very techy, so I have a hard time understanding what he wants much less going to pick it out, so I get him a gift card for Best Buy or whatever computer store. I would much rather give him a gift, but after almost 25 years of having to give him the receipt since I didn't get it right or him actually showing me at the store, the gift card is the thing to buy as well as taking him to his favorite restaurant.

Comment

My husband is turning 34 in a few days. I'm going to get him a couple outdoor speakers for the backyard. In the past I've gotten him an espresso maching, a telescope, a skateboard bag, a massage gift certificate (didn't go well - too rough), a margarita bucket, rootbeer and candy, tequila, a digital camera (twice), a printer, a stand-up mixer (he like to cook) hmmmm that's all I can think of. I got him a clock for our anniversary. He wants a beach cruiser too, but I think that may be too much for X-mas.
          He actually told me not to get him anything because he's getting a carborater for his Honda 50. He's pretty spoiled. I never buy myself anything really.
          I think a gift certificate might be good if you know the stores he likes.

Comment

if he likes music, concert tickets always go over well! or take him to dinner, that's a good suggestion. guys can be so difficult! and when my boyfriend and I go to the mall or somewhere shopping, I could go on for hours about all the stuff I want. it's just too easy for him!
            Allison, 25, living with IC since 2002. Add me on Facebook! (search Allison Jacobs)

Conditions: (known)
            IC, Chronic Pelvic Pain, Neuropathy, Adenomyosis (hysterectomy to "cure" this), Vulvadynia

Medications:
            Elmiron--200 mg twice daily
            Cymbalta--90 mg once daily
            Various pain meds, rotating

Treatments:
            Spinal Nerve Stimulator implanted 5/10, mostly unsuccessful
            Hysterectomy 9/09
            D&C and hysteroscopy 8/08, somewhat helpful
            Mirena IUD began 12/07, unsuccessful
            Lupron Depot 6/07-8/07, unsuccessful
            Hydrodistention 2004, 2007
            Physical therapy 2003-2006

"Tomorrow is the most important thing in life. Comes into us at midnight very clean. It's perfect when it arrives and it puts itself in our hands. It hopes we've learned something from yesterday."
            John Wayne

Comment

My husband (boyfriend at the time) really loved the time I bought him all sorts of game meat! Venison, Buffalo, Caribou, Elk .....

Red meat to men, is probably like chocolate to women!

Sounds like your boyfriend might like that sort of thing as well!

Comment

thanks for all the advice ladies!!! why does buying gifts have to be so difficult. iyiyiy i made a comment about buying him a new dvd that's coming out. He said "well that's a crapy gift" I was like what! meanwhile the week before he said he'd be happy with nothing or anything. Figures... and his true colors shine. His wallet is kinda sad lookin. It's got holes in it lol he made a comment a while ago when were in shoprite that he needs a new one and showed me all the holes. Does anyone know a good brand of leather wallets? I think it might be a good idea. and some other little things maybe.

Rach
                ***Rachel***

Dance like no one is watching
                Love like you've never been hurt
                Live today like it's your last

Dxd with IC in June '06

Comment

Wilson's Suede and Leather carries good wallets. Not sure if they're still in business everywhere, as I do believe the one near me closed down a couple of years ago. I also have 2 leathers jackets that I've had for over 20 yrs that were bought from there--they still look like new.

Good luck with whatever you decide to buy.
                  D
                  (\__/)
                  (o.O )
                  (> < ) This is Bunny. He's on his way to world domination.

Comment

Is it the time to send gifts to India? Do not hesitate to use the online services of Indian Gift Guru to send gifts like birthday gifts and anniversary gifts.
                    Gifts | Birthday Gifts

Comment

Working...
                    X