My Husband

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My Husband

I have IC for ever but was not offically diagnosed till a few years ago.

My husband just never seemed to get it, it was okay I could have it as long as I could still everything that was expected of me, by him, family, extended family, friends etc.

He has partcially retired now and for the last year has been going to the Dr. with me. I have used this opportunity to get my Dr. to explain to him, over many visits, what IC entails, VV, urinary retention, and why different meds are used to try to treat symptoms etc. Why I need the meds, and how some of his actions makes things worse for me.

This has helpped his understanding a lot.

Lately I have had a bad reaction to a medication, which he witnessed, I have been in total retention 4x's, he was with me for 2 of these, I recently went through a very stressful period in my life, he also saw how sick this made me, I was not even able to get out of bed.

I recently had anultrasound which aused me to go into total retention, long story made short, he was with me when I had to go to the ER and was not taken seriuosly.

So yesterday I was taught to self cath, at his suggestion he came along to learn how to do it, as he put it. If I am in total retention and need to self cath he doubts I will be able to do it myself while in that much pain.

So for all you out there with less than understanding husbands, there is hope.

MG
    My are with you all. May you all find a way to peace and joy in your lives.

Oh Mother Goose, so sorry you had to face this without the support of your husband. Hopefully, you had friends who were more supportive at that time.

Sometimes it is hard to understand what another is going through unless you are walking that mile in their shoes. Glad your Dear Hubby has seen the light and become more compassionate. My husband has been supportive, but I don't think he would go as far as to learn how to cath. So kudos to your husband for stepping up to the plate

Have a great day!
    Pam

Comment

Your husband sounds like a very special man! I hope if I'm in that situation my husband would do the same.

Suzi

Comment

Working...
      X