Clear All

• Tinkerbell23
    replied
    This was very helpful thanks!!!

Leave a comment:

• stef000
    replied
    hi there

yeah i have had that happen when having sex during the last days of the period and everything down there flares up....
    i think its just that you don't have a lot of natural lubrication since its the end of your period and also the hormones are trying to get kicked in again so therefore everything is just a bit off kilter....so it could have been any of those factors....
    just remember to be clean and i find having immediate rescue meds help me not to flare or at least be able to sleep and then just deal with it in the morning....
    that might help ya too....
    as long as its not too strong of a med like morphine or something just something that you find that helps a bit can help a whole lot to suppress a flare...
    anyway hope you get relief soon
    take great care
    hugs n better body days

Leave a comment:

• Adela
    replied
    Sex during period cause flare?

This thread has been so great for me - thank you all for being so open about everything!

I have been diagnosed for about a year and a half and have been doing very well with Elmiron, especially the last three months. We have had occasional sex -- mostly outercourse -- over the past few months and I have not flared. This illness is so damned complicated though. This time - a week ago - we had intercourse and for some reason (driving myself crazy trying to figure it out) resulted in bad flare about two days later - I think. Or was it the weight lifting I did? Or is it because I stopped my Beconase nasal spray?

This was certainly one of the few times we had intercourse during my period (towards the very end). Does anyone think that's what caused it? The time of the month? This whole hormone factor is confusing too. Any thoughts?

Adela

Leave a comment:

• aprilchen
    replied
    Just a thought, guys. I don't know if anyone has mentioned this before, but in reading Dr. Moldwin's Book on Managing Interstitial Cystitis he recommends IC patients only use Astroglide because of the chemical make up. Apparently it is not supposed to aggravate IC or Vulvodynia. Also, another thing that really works well for myself and my husband is Urojet or Lidocaine Gel. You can get that my prescription and it is awesome so you don't feel pain while making love, but you get pleasure and can actually have an orgasm (at least I can) when using it. Just my thoughts, for what they are.

AC

Leave a comment:

• stef000
    replied
    another thing....

i find if i feel a flare coming or i think there might be one the next day i take my 'rescue' meds before sleep or when i get up....to try and not get a flare....
    i take the oxybutinin----i usually take 2--5mgs.....i also take advil(i am one of those that is doesn't bug me but it helps) also take extra strength tylenol...
    and a flexeril(10mgs)
    if its real bad right away then i skip the tylenol and have a T3 instead...
    that helps sometimes....
    when i remember and if i think of it....or feel the need for it.....but sometimes i still pay for it the next day and i end up all loopy from painkillers or i just stay in bed......
    but yeah it sorta helps....i remember a couple nights that it saved me from a flare and then there was this one day i took a couple of the meds that i use to 'rescue' me but not all and i had the worst day....
    but everyone has their own 'rescue' med treatment......
    i am still figuring out things for my whole body pain but i do find that if i take some of the stuff i said above it does help me or at least takes the edge off...
    anyway..............hope all are doing well
    take care
    hugs n better body days

Leave a comment:

• stef000
    replied
    hiya

I saw an earlier post from massagedoula-----about how 'slippery stuff' lubricant is real good....and i would have to say that i find that too.....
    it hardly has any ingredients and with that hardly has any allergenic stuff in it too...
    i highly recommend it...i found KY the worst.....i first thought it was just the spermicide but nope it was the regular stuff too....
    something else to look out for is stuff with sugar in it...don't buy it...it may start you into a yeast infection.....
    but i love 'slippery stuff' and i have tried a lot of them out there and thats the one i liked...
    just thought to put my two cents in....
    take care
    hugs n better body days

Leave a comment:

• loraleena
    replied
    I here you!! Sex is definitely worth the effort. Sex and eating are the best pleasures in life. I already have so many foods taken away, I want my regular sex life back!!!!!!

Leave a comment:

• IC SARAH-CPP
    replied
    Shelby, yes I experience pain sometimes at the peak of my orgasm. It is a sharp throbbing pain and can literally make me just cringe and cry out, not in a good way!! Fortunately I don't have this very often, just every once in awhile. It scared me so badly I went to my ob/gyn and spoke with her about it and she thought it was from my PFD and the tightening of the muscles around my vaginal opening.

I also love sex so much, I could do it 2-3 times a day! I don't use a lube b/c I am uhhhh...........very very wet down there so I don't need it but I do try to wash afterwards so that it doesn't get irritated from all the fluids from both of us.lol. I have noticed that sometimes when it starts to hurt or you are afraid it will hurt, I tighten up my body and those muscles down there tighten and that causes even more pain. So when that happens, my ex husband and I would just do it really slowly and I would practice breathing in and out really slowly while he uhhh.....rubbed down there and that would relax me and the muscles.

For those women who like vibrators, I absolutely am in love with the "rabbit" vibrator. It has a rubber outside with these little "ears" you place on your clitoris and it feels so good and doesn't put any pressure on your bladder or tummy. It might be a good idea for those here who are trying to have an orgasm and have pain from the penetration part. It was only like 20 dollars too! The lady in the store told me it is her absolute BEST seller and she used hers so much when she bought it that she broke it, lol!!!

Also I have a question for those on here who take heavy duty narcotics; I have found that I have a much harder time climaxing since I have been on these meds!! My doctor told me that it is actually very common b/c the narcotics can "numb" your body and that makes it harder to feel any stimulation. I was actually just wondering if anyone on here had run in to the same problem b/c it kinda sucks b/c I would want to take the pain pills before or after sex so as to avoid pain but then it would make it less intense and pleasurable.

Anyway, reading this thread definitely can put one "in the mood" lol! It is a great thread and I love it that we can be so open on here. oh and one more thing, I don't want to say anyone isn't entitled to their own feelings but how could anyone say that sex isn't worth the trouble!!?????? My mouth just about dropped open when I read that LOL.

Sarah

Leave a comment:

• motherof4
    replied
    Thanks Jen that was great info.....boy are you popular right now LOL.

Leave a comment:

• loraleena
    replied
    No, for me things feel good during. The discomfort does'nt start till later on that day or the next day. Sometimes even and orgasm without sex bothers me later.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X