Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anyone else find irritaiton from Spermicide?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone else find irritaiton from Spermicide?

Just tried a VCF (Vaginal Contraceptive Film) in conjunction with condoms. Felt irritated afterwards and curious if anyone else experienced this?

Thanks!
    Hilary
    IC since October 2005
    Treatments:
    Prelief
    1st Cysto - Oct 05 (in office)
    2nd Hydro/Cysto April 06
    Currently going for Physical Therapy for pelvic floor dysfunction every 2 weeks.

Yes!

Yes! Spermicide is very irritating to the urethra I would recommend anyone with IC stay away from it. I used to use the CVF before IC and I tried using it after I was diagnosed and it made me flare badly. Spermicide is bad news for irritated bladders.
    Kim

Comment

Oh Fabulous...

Wow! Actually, I didn't flare, but I did feel itchy (like a yeast infection). Also, the stuff (sorry to be graphic) but the stuff leaks - again kept feeling like yeast with the discharge and the itchy!
      I also bought the foam, but I got a feeling that will irritate me too! My doc told me that the spermicide on condoms is not enough. So now what? Just plain ol condoms? Great...
      Hilary
      IC since October 2005
      Treatments:
      Prelief
      1st Cysto - Oct 05 (in office)
      2nd Hydro/Cysto April 06
      Currently going for Physical Therapy for pelvic floor dysfunction every 2 weeks.

Comment

Oh gawd yes!

Thankfully, hubby and I haven't had to use those in a few years, but YES...I am "allergic" to it.

Ughh.

Hurts just to think about! LOL
        Hugs and Wishes for Pain FREE days!!,
        Kara

www.loveforearth.net ~reducing plastic waste one bag at a time~

Facebook: Kara Kaiser
        Twitter: Love4Earth

Me and my Guccigirl... she helps me through those painful hours!

Comment

Working...
        X