Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What are you getting Sweety for Valentines?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Traceann,

I think I will make my hubby something to, like a personal card made off the computer.. he likes things like that, and he loves sweets so I will prob get him some candy.. I wanted to get him something nice, but he spent most of our extra money on my bday present..grrrr I told him I didnt want nothing..But hey hes a man and he just does not listen..lol So I get diamonds and he gets a paper card...lol sounds good to me!...

Nah... I really like the simple things..
    Hugs
    Ronda

ONE Second, ONE Bite, ONE Breath, ONE Pill, ONE Minute, ONE Teardrop, ONE Hour, ONE Sip.. ONE DAY! I will Prevail from this disease! IC Hoping for a Cure!

Link to Patient Handbook:
    http://www.ic-network.com/handbook/

Diet Reference Sheet:
    http://www.ic-network.com/diet/icndi...tsheet0909.pdf

Meds For IC: Lyrica-25mg Glucosamine-500 MSM-500mg, Prosed Ds -When Flaring

Other Meds: Levlite- Continious Birtcontrol, Micardis-40mg for High Blood Pressure

Meds I have Tried:
    Topamax,Tofranil, Elmiron, Atarax, Cymbalta, Elavil, Enablex, Detral La, Prydium.
    Lexapro< Bad reaction to this med!
    Intstills, could not continue them due to some kind of reaction after 3rd instill. Tasted the lidocaine in my mouth, tongue and lips went numb then went into what seemed like a panic attack. Shaking, racing heart, tingling face/head, blood pressure shot up..

Dx With IC in Nov 2006 with Hydro/Cysto
    Hydro/Cysto Caused Bladder to Rupture.

Other Dxs-Vulvodynia,Fibro, Endo, IBS, HPV, Migraines, Spastic Colon, Mild Dysplasia.

ICN Volunteers are not medical authorities nor do we offer medical advice. In all cases, we strongly encourage you to discuss your medical treatment with your personal medical care provider. Only they can, and should, give medical recommendations to you.

Comment

I wasnt sure what to get him but I went on to 1-800-flowers.com and found something really cute!!! It's a huge fortune cookie with chocolate and sprinkles on it. You can custom make a message that they put in it. It comes in a clear take out container. How cute is that??? I thought it was adorable! I hope he likes it. I'll be happy with a box or chocolate and some..... ya know!
      ***Rachel***

Dance like no one is watching
      Love like you've never been hurt
      Live today like it's your last

Dxd with IC in June '06

Comment

got him some lovely chocolates and a cute cake with a big heart on it.

How bout you? are you having a meal together?
        x
        Started with symptoms 2004 after a severe infection.
        Was diagnosed with IC Feb 2006 after cystoscopy.
        Diagnosed with vulvodyina and PN in july 2006.
        Dignosed with ME and IBS Oct 2006.
        Currently taking Amytriptaline 50mg, regular pain killers and birth control!
        Also doing IC diet and regular use of heat packs.
        Still struggling with IC and controling my symptoms so looking for some help

also recently had abnormal pap, CIN III and just had LEEP done 2007

Comment

I got him a fancy dinner on Saturday night, since we are going through my permanent Interstim this week and it is hectic, but he got food poisoning from it

Other than that, because I am currently tied up to a cord and box, I find it hard to go shopping -- so nothing.

It's a terrible Valentine's in the romance dept. -- but I'm sure when both of us are healthy again we will make up for it.
          Jen

*Diagnosed with severe IC in 2004
          *Also diagnosed with PFD, fibromyalgia, chronic myofascial pain, IBS, migraines, allergies/asthma, dermatographism
          *Kept trying a million different treatments for all these things until I found what works, and I am doing okay these days with the help of a cocktail of medications and the InterStim, which was first placed in 2007. [I have had 2 revisions - one in 2010 when my battery died and had to be replaced, and one complete replacement (lead and generator) in 2012 after a fall on my stairs caused my lead to move.]
          *Current meds include Atarax (50mg at night), Lyrica (150mg twice a day), Xanax (0.5mg at night and as needed), Zanaflex (4mg at night), hydrocodone (10/325, every 6 hours as needed), Advair, Nasonex, Singulair (10mg at night), oral contraceptives, home instills containing Elmiron and Marcaine (as often as I need to do them).

**I am not a medical authority nor do I offer definitive medical advice. I strongly encourage you to discuss your medical treatment with your personal medical care provider. Only they can, and should, give medical recommendations to you.

Comment

Kjd,

I dont know what we are going to do, his mom said she would watch the kids, so we will prob go out for awhile..
            Hugs
            Ronda

ONE Second, ONE Bite, ONE Breath, ONE Pill, ONE Minute, ONE Teardrop, ONE Hour, ONE Sip.. ONE DAY! I will Prevail from this disease! IC Hoping for a Cure!

Diet Reference Sheet:

Other Meds: Levlite- Continious Birtcontrol, Micardis-40mg for High Blood Pressure

Meds I have Tried:
            Topamax,Tofranil, Elmiron, Atarax, Cymbalta, Elavil, Enablex, Detral La, Prydium.
            Intstills, could not continue them due to some kind of reaction after 3rd instill. Tasted the lidocaine in my mouth, tongue and lips went numb then went into what seemed like a panic attack. Shaking, racing heart, tingling face/head, blood pressure shot up..

Other Dxs-Vulvodynia,Fibro, Endo, IBS, HPV, Migraines, Spastic Colon, Mild Dysplasia.

ICN Volunteers are not medical authorities nor do we offer medical advice. In all cases, we strongly encourage you to discuss your medical treatment with your personal medical care provider. Only they can, and should, give medical recommendations to you.

Comment

We don't make a big deal out of Valentine's day but I usually get him some lingerie from Fredrick's of Hollywood. He always seems to enjoy that.
              Janelle
              I am a soul whose intentions are good.
              Oh Lord please don't let me be misunderstood.

Comment

We will probably go out for dinner. I bought him a box of sugar free turtles, he loves chocolates! Other than that, we usually don't do too much.

Comment

Yeah, leelee, I'll probably do the same thing - make him a card. I love doing that stuff anyway, and he's not really into store-bought cards etc, so I think that and some cookies and cupcakes will make him a happy camper, lol.
                  Hugs,
                  Tracey
                  How do you eat an elephant? One bite at a time...

Harry arrived 2/23/09!

*IC Volunteers are not medical authorities nor do we offer medical advice. In all cases, we strongly encourage you to discuss your medical treatment with your personal medical care provider. Only they can, and should, give medical recommendations to you.

IC Diet Cheat Sheet:
                  http://www.ic-network.com/diet/2009icdietlist.pdf

Dx's:
                  IC dx'd Nov 2004
                  Lymphocytic Colitis dx'd July 2005
                  Possible IBS
                  Current IC Meds
                  Vistaril 25mg in the evening
                  Previous IC Meds taken:
                  Cystoprotek - 2 caps 2x's a day
                  Elmiron, 100mg 3x's a day
                  Ditropan, 5 mg 3x's a day
                  Others:
                  Wellbutrin 150mg 2x's a day for Anxiety/IBS
                  Pepcid 40mg a day for GERD
                  Zytrec for Nasal Allergies
                  Align Probiotic daily for IBS

Comment

Well, we're getting married tomorrow down at the courthouse, so I guess that's a gift we're giving each other! Other than that, nothing much since we're going away for a few days next week.
                    Namaste

"You must be the change you want to see in the world." - Mahatma Gandhi

"The most important medicine is tender love and care" - Mother Teresa

Proud mother of Ahleia, born on April 9, 2007

-----------------------
                    Diagnosed with:
                    IC, OAB, Congenital urethral stricture, IBS, Vulvar vestibulitis, Heart murmur, Congenital cervical stenosis...but otherwise doing great!

Meds:
                    Currently in remission, but took the following for 3 years: Elmiron 200 mg., Elavil 25 mg., Detrol LA 4mg, Ovcon-35

Health treatments/practices:
                    Kripalu yoga, Chiropractic, Massage therapy and Reiki

Comment

Congrats to you, Poet, on getting married tomorrow! I hope you have a wonderful day!

I bought those little heart shaped pans that hold cupcakes, only I am making individual lasagnas, in them and the garlic bread will also be heart shaped. (For those ICers who cant eat lasagna, meatloaf could also be made in them.) Then, for dessert, red velvet cake, again in the heart shape. I am also tossing a salad.

Comment

Thank you! Hopefully we won't be on line forever with everyone else who decided Valentine's Day would be a perfect time to get married (we picked it partly because we had the time available in our schedule.)

The heart-shaped lasagna sounds great! Yum!
                        Namaste

"You must be the change you want to see in the world." - Mahatma Gandhi

"The most important medicine is tender love and care" - Mother Teresa

Proud mother of Ahleia, born on April 9, 2007

-----------------------
                        Diagnosed with:
                        IC, OAB, Congenital urethral stricture, IBS, Vulvar vestibulitis, Heart murmur, Congenital cervical stenosis...but otherwise doing great!

Meds:
                        Currently in remission, but took the following for 3 years: Elmiron 200 mg., Elavil 25 mg., Detrol LA 4mg, Ovcon-35

Health treatments/practices:
                        Kripalu yoga, Chiropractic, Massage therapy and Reiki

Comment

Yay! Congrats to Poetgirl

Somewhere there's a reason /Why things go like they do /Somewhere there's a reason /Why some things just fall through /We don't always see them /For what they really are /But I know there's a reason /Just can't see it from this far /Maybe I don't like it, /But I have no choice /I know that somewhere, /Someone hears my voice / I thought I knew it all /I thought I had it made /How could it end this way? /I thought I knew Somewhere there's a reason /Why things don't go my way /Somewhere there's a reason /That I cannot explain /Just like the change of season, /Just may not be my turn /But I know there's a reason, /The lesson's mine to learn

Comment

I like how everyone's giving gifts from the heart. My first Valentine's with my husband I got him a telescope. Other than that, I haven't given him many gifts for Valentines. I gave him a chocolate bar and cookies yesterday. He loved them and asked me to get him some more of the cookies to keep in his truck. I know he really wants some floor mats for his truck, but I didn't plan early enough to get those.
                            Last year, I made some creme brule for a dessert. The year before that I got him some root beer and candy. I made reservations at a nice restaurant for this year. I might surprise him with some DVDs, if I have time. I'd like to arrange a nice home movie night for the weekend. A gift certificate to Blockbuster and some licorice might be an idea.
                            My friend once drove her husband some Taco Bell for lunch and he couldn't have been happier. It's the thoughtful things like that, that will really stand out.

Comment

:woohoo: :woohoo: poetgirl congrats.... have a safe trip.. stay away from Chicago and New York,,, and from the looks of it Detroit..
                              'The will of God will never take you where the Grace of God will not protect you.'

Comment

Poetgirl....Congrats!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:woohoo: :woohoo:
                                Hugs
                                Ronda

Diet Reference Sheet:

Meds I have Tried:

Comment

Working...
                                X