Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• sunspot127
    replied
    I have quite a bit of pain for 2 years during sex, and while the medication has improved my symptoms for urination and such (I take Elmiron) it didn't touch my "pain during intercouse" symptoms. I have been seeing a physical therapist and we have been using pelvic floor exercies, electrode therapy, dialators, and biofeedback, as well as her having me do some ab work and such. I've only been going for about 6 weeks, and already my husband and I can have sex twice a week! Before that, it had beeen months and months, and months. From what I gather, not everyone with IC responds this well to the therapy, but many do, and insurance companies will cover some of the cost (depending on your provider, plan, etc.). You may want to talk to your doctor about a referral and see if this kind of treatment can help improve your symptoms.

Leave a comment:

• ICB
    replied
    There are many wonderful suggestions on this site for improving your sex life, while living with IC; please check out some of the archived posts.

Moreover, a great source of information on IC & Intimacy is www.roadtoslainte.blogspot.com; check out the following articles, they are written by a fabulous physical therapist that specializes in women's health, PFD, Trigger Points, etc.

1. Sex, Lies and Dyspar . . . Who
    2. Trigger Trauma
    3. nICE & HEAT
    4. That's so . . . . . Stimulating
    5. To Kegel or Not to Kegel

I suggest that you consult with your healthcare provider if you believe that the information above may be helpful; your healthcare provider will determine the appropriate treatment regimen for you.

Only your healthcare provider can determine if the above suggestions are appropriate treatment options for you; these are just some suggestions that you can discuss with him/her.

The contents in this post are provided for informational purposes only. The contents are not intended in any way to be a substitute for professional medical advice. Always seek the advice of your physician or other qualified health provider with any questions you may have regarding your medical condition.

Best wishes, ICB

Leave a comment:

• topcop229
    replied
    I am praying, too, that sex can return to normal...I miss it!

Leave a comment:

• leelee88
    replied
    You should check out this site http://www.whensexhurts.com/forum/

This site was created by Jill, the same wonderful lady who created this site ICN...There is alot of wonder tips and suggestions on there...

Leave a comment:

• sweetz0625
    replied
    yes thats what I mean without hurting. I have only been married for less than 2 years, and I dont want my relationship with my husband to deteriorate. Has anyone not had any problems with sex after being on medication??

Leave a comment:

• GriffsMommy
    replied
    I've been able to have sex when it doesn't hurt if that's what you mean by normal but usually I still have some level of pain or discomfort afterwards.

Leave a comment:

• sweetz0625
    started a topic questions thanks

questions thanks

Hi I was just wondering if sex can ever get back to normal again??
Working...
X